• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles made a mockery of the NFL last night

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4smxs2.jpg

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he learned well from the colts in 97 they lost the last game vs vikes to let vikes in and skins out for the #1 pick and viola peyton is taken
in 2011 they just sucked the whole year for luck :suds:

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the most disgusting thing i've seen in this nation in the past week. shame on you doug. you're supposed to play sudfeld from the start (or so I hear), then it's cool.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the most disgusting thing i've seen in this nation in the past week. shame on you doug. you're supposed to play sudfeld from the start (or so I hear), then it's cool.
Yea I can’t think of anything at all even in the last day that has happened that’s made me more sick to my stomach than what Doug did

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I can’t think of anything at all even in the last day that has happened that’s made me more sick to my stomach than what Doug did
so we're on the same page then? faux outrage.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty confident that Wentz will be the QB for the Eagles next year until he gets hurt or benched or whatever it is that will happen next time.

What I'm hoping is that they make up before the draft and then the Eagles go and draft a QB somewhat early anyway...:D

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty confident that Wentz will be the QB for the Eagles next year until he gets hurt or benched or whatever it is that will happen next time.

What I'm hoping is that they make up before the draft and then the Eagles go and draft a QB somewhat early anyway...:D

“Let me be clear about this because sometimes you say things, and they wind up as reports,” Schefter said. “I don’t believe Carson Wentz will be back. That’s my opinion. I reserve the right to change that opinion based on the events that transpire over the next month or two. But I believe they’ll look to move on from him, and I do think ultimately they’re going to have to look to trade him.”

“If the money is acceptable, I think they get a two and something else,” Schefter said.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thumbnail

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Let me be clear about this because sometimes you say things, and they wind up as reports,” Schefter said. “I don’t believe Carson Wentz will be back. That’s my opinion. I reserve the right to change that opinion based on the events that transpire over the next month or two. But I believe they’ll look to move on from him, and I do think ultimately they’re going to have to look to trade him.”

“If the money is acceptable, I think they get a two and something else,” Schefter said.
I completely think the Eagles goal will be to trade Wentz in the offseason. Which would be the reason to not allow him to dress for the final game.
However I dont think they will have a trade partner & if that comes true. Wentz will be the Eagles starter for the beginning of the season. (& then they will hope for the best)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they do this they are selling low, plus you have no QB and currently may have the worst cap situation of any team in history. Maybe if they do it post 6/1 they push most of the dead money into 2022 and look at it as a way to help get under next years cap because if you do it before you are on the hook for the Roster Bonus you take the entire hit in 2021. Still would be nuts to go into next year with Hurts and Sudfeld. I guess they will scout the heck out of these other QBs like the BYU kid because I don't think Jax or NYJ are trading those top two picks.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely think the Eagles goal will be to trade Wentz in the offseason. Which would be the reason to not allow him to dress for the final game.
However I dont think they will have a trade partner & if that comes true. Wentz will be the Eagles starter for the beginning of the season. (& then they will hope for the best.

The Eagles will have multiple trade partners.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However I dont think they will have a trade partner & if that comes true. Wentz will be the Eagles starter for the beginning of the season. (& then they will hope for the best)
I don't see why a team would give up a 2nd round pick+ for Wentz when they could sign Prescott as a FA. Newton, Winston, and Dalton couldn't get decent contracts as FAs last year and it'll be even more of a buyers market this year. I don't see why Wentz would take a pay cut to engineer a trade. He'd be financially better off to stick to his guns and be paid by the Eagles or be paid to be cut.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why a team would give up a 2nd round pick+ for Wentz when they could sign Prescott as a FA. Newton, Winston, and Dalton couldn't get decent contracts as FAs last year and it'll be even more of a buyers market this year. I don't see why Wentz would take a pay cut to engineer a trade. He'd be financially better off to stick to his guns and be paid by the Eagles or be paid to be cut.

Anyone taking on big Wentz money is giving up nothing in terms of valuable draft picks

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone taking on big Wentz money is giving up nothing in terms of valuable draft picks
but its not big wentz money, why does everyone keep saying this. The eagles are eating the money regardless........a team that trades for wentz gets him in the mid 20's for multiple years. If you think he can start, this is dirt cheap for a quarterback.

WENTZ'S CONTRACT MAKES HIM AN ATTRACTIVE TRADE TARGET IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FIX HIM OR HE CAN BE A STARTER.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its not big wentz money, why does everyone keep saying this. The eagles are eating the money regardless........a team that trades for wentz gets him in the mid 20's for multiple years. If you think he can start, this is dirt cheap for a quarterback.

WENTZ'S CONTRACT MAKES HIM AN ATTRACTIVE TRADE TARGET IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FIX HIM OR HE CAN BE A STARTER.
Agreed, except for ....... thats a big if.
Not sure a team has that confidence. Not when they can just wait one more year & take a flyer on him for a 1 year deal. (I am assuming he will be cut after 2021) but if a team actually does think he is a quality starter. Yes his money is decent priced for a starter. Cheap AF if a franchise starter. But again. Big if.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll cost any team that trades for him an average of 25M per year. If they trade for him and he gets right he's a bargain, if he stays broken it's throwing 25M down the drain.

I don't see it where no team will trade for him, but i doubt that team gives up too much value for him.

Of course I thought that about Bradford too and of course Minnesota gave pots of gold to Philly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, except for ....... thats a big if.
Not sure a team has that confidence. Not when they can just wait one more year & take a flyer on him for a 1 year deal. (I am assuming he will be cut after 2021) but if a team actually does think he is a quality starter. Yes his money is decent priced for a starter. Cheap AF if a franchise starter. But again. Big if.
well yes, thats the big caveat, we all know that. But thats part of the obvious as well. Regardless of if hes a vet minumum or 25million, if you think theres zero chance your're not gonna trade for him and give up assets. Granted if you think its a 20% chance he gets fixed and 80% chance he stays junk, you're not going to trade for him at 25 millionish, as opposed to say 3 million ish....i get that........

But wentz also is disgruntled, hes had it released that he does not want to be a back up etc...........so a team trading for him or signing him most likely knows this, and knows that hes disgruntled....They arent gonna trade for him most likely to be a back up.....

So i guess my point is. In the context of a trade, his contract works in his favor. If a team doesnt think hes a starter, no one is going to trade for him anyways. They will just wait for an outright release, tell him straight up hes not necessarily the guy, and offer less.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if the Eagles eat the next $10M roster bonus any other team acquiring Wentz would take on $37M in guarantees. That's big money in comparison to teams will pay for Winston, Newton, Foles, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick, Mariota, Dalton, Rosen and others. Wentz is a better playing option than those players but he's not value for his contract cost. No GM is going to give up anything valuable on top of absorbing those guarantees, (unless they're under the influence). No need for the Caps Lock.