• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles made a mockery of the NFL last night

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Eagles eat the next $10M roster bonus any other team acquiring Wentz would take on $37M in guarantees. That's big money in comparison to teams will pay for Winston, Newton, Foles, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick, Mariota, Dalton, Rosen and others. Wentz is a better playing option than those players but he's not value for his contract cost. No GM is going to give up anything valuable on top of absorbing those guarantees, (unless they're under the influence). No need for the Caps Lock.
Ok so two years 37 million. Like I said. If you think he’s fixable, or can start, that’s dirt cheap....

Your’re echoing what I said kinda...

unless you are insinuating that he can’t be fixed. In which case no, no one is trading for him. Which I also said.
He'll cost any team that trades for him an average of 25M per year. If they trade for him and he gets right he's a bargain, if he stays broken it's throwing 25M down the drain.

I don't see it where no team will trade for him, but i doubt that team gives up too much value for him.

Of course I thought that about Bradford too and of course Minnesota gave pots of gold to Philly.
he will. Over 4 years. But like the other poster said 37 is guaranteed.

value , no I agre, but a trade partner, yeah. The contract is not a scare. Unless u think he can’t be fixed. the contract is friendly.

Again, if you think he’s washed, why would you trade for him anyways...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its not big wentz money, why does everyone keep saying this. The eagles are eating the money regardless........a team that trades for wentz gets him in the mid 20's for multiple years. If you think he can start, this is dirt cheap for a quarterback.

WENTZ'S CONTRACT MAKES HIM AN ATTRACTIVE TRADE TARGET IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FIX HIM OR HE CAN BE A STARTER.
Exactly. The problem with the Wentz contract is mostly on the Eagles. As an example, If a team trades for him after his RB is paid (3rd day of 2021 year) he only costs that team $15.4M (before and it's $25.4M) for 2021.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The problem with the Wentz contract is mostly on the Eagles. As an example, If a team trades for him after his RB is paid (3rd day of 2021 year) he only costs that team $15.4M (before and it's $25.4M) for 2021.
Which is quite attractive for a starting qb. Again in the context of a trade, it’s attractive. But you aren’t gonna trade for him to back up someone....

@FaCe-LeE-uS told me wentz to pittsburgh for mason Rudolph....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is quite attractive for a starting qb. Again in the context of a trade, it’s attractive. But you aren’t gonna trade for him to back up someone....

@FaCe-LeE-uS told me wentz to pittsburgh for mason Rudolph....

If Wentz becomes a Steeler, I'll puke like Roy Munson did after he banged his landlord......

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why a team would give up a 2nd round pick+ for Wentz when they could sign Prescott as a FA. Newton, Winston, and Dalton couldn't get decent contracts as FAs last year and it'll be even more of a buyers market this year. I don't see why Wentz would take a pay cut to engineer a trade. He'd be financially better off to stick to his guns and be paid by the Eagles or be paid to be cut.

I'd be shocked if Prescott isn't tagged and is allowed to just enter free agency. Plus Prescott is one person, there many teams needing a QB.

He won't need to take a pay cut for a trade.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so two years 37 million. Like I said. If you think he’s fixable, or can start, that’s dirt cheap....

unless you are insinuating that he can’t be fixed. In which case no, no one is trading for him. Which I also said.

value , no I agre, but a trade partner, yeah. The contract is not a scare. Unless u think he can’t be fixed. the contract is friendly.

I'm not insinuating anything. I haven't posted anything in this thread about any QB being fixable or not. All i've said is that $37M is a high risk to take even with a low or zero trade cost. I'd rather take a chance on another QB on a lower contract. Maybe a GM will take Wentz on his current deal, maybe not. Giving up something substantial for Wentz on his current deal could well be job/career ending if it doesn't turn out well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not insinuating anything. I haven't posted anything in this thread about any QB being fixable or not. All i've said is that $37M is a high risk to take even with a low or zero trade cost. I'd rather take a chance on another QB on a lower contract. Maybe a GM will take Wentz on his current deal, maybe not. Giving up something substantial for Wentz on his current deal could well be job/career ending if it doesn't turn out well.
Correct. I think we are saying the same thing on that point.

its no different than if someone signs say jimmy g if he’s cut for 25 million and he fails... sand the draft pick or trade bait.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Spotrac $15M of the $22M salary for 2022 also guarantees on that day. If it was just $15.4M for 1 year he'd be a more attractive prospect.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be multiple suites for Wentz. The stories from a month ago speaking to anonymous front office personnel throughout the league all still had a high view of Wentz going forward.

One GM whose team will be in the market for a quarterback this offseason told me last week he will seriously study Wentz when the season ends. He said: 'What's happened with him concerns me. But I've seen him play well too many times to think there's some fatal flaw there. I don't think the Eagles will move him. I wouldn’t if I were them.' It's tampering for a GM to say, 'I'm interested.' But I can sense there will be some interest if the Eagles decide to trade him, questionable contract and all."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree it's all about the bolded. If a team THINKS they can fix him he's worth trading for.

I just read a write up, not too deeply though, but I think is being suggested Wentz could agree to not have the 2022 15M roster bonus in play making 2021 only a 22M trial period.

There's going to be many cogs in the Wentz trade machine.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree it's all about the bolded. If a team THINKS they can fix him he's worth trading for.

I just read a write up, not too deeply though, but I think is being suggested Wentz could agree to not have the 2022 15M roster bonus in play making 2021 only a 22M trial period.

There's going to be many cogs in the Wentz trade machine.
Yep you are correct on all points sir

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Prescott isn't tagged and is allowed to just enter free agency. Plus Prescott is one person, there many teams needing a QB.

He won't need to take a pay cut for a trade.
If the Cowboys are prepared to tag an injured Prescott at $38M on a 120% tag in a shrinking cap market then they'll look pretty silly for not agreeing a long-term deal when he was healthy. It could happen but 2nd tag relationships invariably turn sour.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cowboys are prepared to tag an injured Prescott at $38M on a 120% tag in a shrinking cap market then they'll look pretty silly for not agreeing a long-term deal when he was healthy. It could happen but 2nd tag relationships invariably turn sour.
I would think the Cowboys are prepared to make every effort to sign him without the tag. I think they come to a agreement IMO. For Prescott the danger of an injury has become a reality and motivate him to secure a long term contract and avoid the tag. For the Cowboys they just got a dose of life without Dak and likely don't care to repeat that experience.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Spotrac $15M of the $22M salary for 2022 also guarantees on that day. If it was just $15.4M for 1 year he'd be a more attractive prospect.
I'm only talking about what he's getting in 2021 so that's irrelevant, but I'm assuming he gets that 2022 salary somewhere. Even if the whole $22M is guaranteed for 2022 it's a huge bargain for a team that thinks he can be their starter. Basically his contract is incredibly low for any team that feels he is a decent starting QB and wants to trade for him

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the Cowboys are prepared to make every effort to sign him without the tag. I think they come to a agreement IMO. For Prescott the danger of an injury has become a reality and motivate him to secure a long term contract and avoid the tag. For the Cowboys they just got a dose of life without Dak and likely don't care to repeat that experience.
The only reason for Prescott to sign an a non-tag extension with the Cowboys before the market opens in March is if the Cowboys offer him a better deal than he thinks he'll be offered as a FA. He's waited a long time to find out what his market value. I think he can wait another 2 months. The pressure is on on the Cowboys rather than him. Personally I hope he can come to a long-term agreement with the Cowboys, but at this point I think it's more likely they go their separate ways.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, crazy to give him $69M for two years ($31M 2020; $38M 2021; $34.5M 2 year avg) instead of the $38M (give or take a couple of Benjamins) per for 4 years that he wanted...oh wait, maybe not...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be multiple suites for Wentz. The stories from a month ago speaking to anonymous front office personnel throughout the league all still had a high view of Wentz going forward.

One GM whose team will be in the market for a quarterback this offseason told me last week he will seriously study Wentz when the season ends. He said: 'What's happened with him concerns me. But I've seen him play well too many times to think there's some fatal flaw there. I don't think the Eagles will move him. I wouldn’t if I were them.' It's tampering for a GM to say, 'I'm interested.' But I can sense there will be some interest if the Eagles decide to trade him, questionable contract and all."

nothing has ever made more sense than Wentz and the Colts

Reich, one of the best Olines in the game, an awesome running game and top end defense

if Wentz will ever regain it, that place makes the most sense by a mile

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah they have to sign him, his leveraged increased after watching Andy Dalton be Andy Dalton this year. Good enough, but never good enough to win big, and Jerry has to be all about winning big now, that guy has to be 108

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason for Prescott to sign an a non-tag extension with the Cowboys before the market opens in March is if the Cowboys offer him a better deal than he thinks he'll be offered as a FA. He's waited a long time to find out what his market value. I think he can wait another 2 months. The pressure is on on the Cowboys rather than him. Personally I hope he can come to a long-term agreement with the Cowboys, but at this point I think it's more likely they go their separate ways.
If he is not willing to sign a extension then the tag likely gets used and think Dak would like to have a bit more security then a one year contract provides. Thus the motivation to come to a agreement.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only talking about what he's getting in 2021 so that's irrelevant, but I'm assuming he gets that 2022 salary somewhere. Even if the whole $22M is guaranteed for 2022 it's a huge bargain for a team that thinks he can be their starter. Basically his contract is incredibly low for any team that feels he is a decent starting QB and wants to trade for him
Given the injuries and general wear-and-tear that Wentz has suffered $25M per year is probably his ceiling value and there's no guarantee he'll even win a starting job again. Someone might be prepared to take on that risk at low or no trade cost. If a team has to give up significant trade compensation then Wentz wouldn't be a huge bargain even if he played at his ceiling for 2 years. I see a lot of risk and not much reward.