• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles made a mockery of the NFL last night

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was. He showed a lot of class in the confidence that he had in 4 year backup Nate Sudfeld to give him that shot in that moment. That was one of the classiest things I've seen a coach do. That's like when they let the special needs kid run a TD in a high school game. It was pure class by Doug Pederson. Stop the slander.
You forgot the green font

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious of what peers of his say he isn't an Eagles fan?

He's a fan of the team he's covered for many many years. Not saying he's a die hard fan but still a fan.
I'm neutral here.

Sal Pal was an Eagles beat reporter and basically made his bones in the Philly area.
Got some time on PHL 17.
Joined ESPN and went national, but maybe he still lived in the Philly area? Don't know.
He is a New Yorker, so I don't know why a Philly paper gave him a job as an Eagles beat reporter.
Maybe he told them he was a big fan.

I actually don't know if he's an Eagles fan.
I just know he covered the Eagles.
Is it assumed that every beat reporter is a fan of the team they cover?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm neutral here.

Sal Pal was an Eagles beat reporter and basically made his bones in the Philly area.
Got some time on PHL 17.
Joined ESPN and went national, but maybe he still lived in the Philly area? Don't know.
He is a New Yorker, so I don't know why a Philly paper gave him a job as an Eagles beat reporter.

That is certainly not the case. Not all reporters are a fan of who they cover

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I missed a lot of RTK bullshit today at work. I'm going to have to have a serious talk with the Director about my Hoop time.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm neutral here.

Got some time on PHL 17.

He’s lived in South Jersey for like 30 years, Haddonfield which is about 15 miles from Philadelphia, basically over the border...I’ve only known him as someone that has covered the Eagles and it seemed he was a fan....Seems like a douche, so maybe he is.....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Sal being a Eagles fan or not.

He called his book sbout the Eagles winning the SB "A labor of love".
Sounds like he's an Eagles fan to me.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm neutral here.

Got some time on PHL 17.

If he was around for a cup of coffee I'd agree he isn't a fan but just a reporter. He's been around a while and probably has many friends throughout the organization so my guess is he probably became a fan of the team. Like I said, he's probably not a die hard and RTK is probably right his die hard fandom is probably Jets or Giants.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outside observer, are not you guys pushing the envelope with so much drama? Eagles just another team. LOL at so much BS to justify talking points.

But, it’s so much fun to poke at them Eagle fans, huh? Not all belong in same basket.

I hate the Eagles as much as any sane NFL fan, but really, grow up guys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was. He showed a lot of class in the confidence that he had in 4 year backup Nate Sudfeld to give him that shot in that moment. That was one of the classiest things I've seen a coach do. That's like when they let the special needs kid run a TD in a high school game. It was pure class by Doug Pederson. Stop the slander.
I'll never forget the smile on your face when you crossed that goal line

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Sal being a Eagles fan or not.

He called his book sbout the Eagles winning the SB "A labor of love".
Sounds like he's an Eagles fan to me.

It's what he presents himself as some south Philly Italian when truth is he has never lived in South Philly and was nlborn and raised from NYC. I that's his persona, I'm sure he feels it would hurt his brand in the city he worked if people looked at him as a new Yorker unsteady of this Philly persona he tried to take up.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what he presents himself as some south Philly Italian when truth is he has never lived in South Philly and was nlborn and raised from NYC. I that's his persona, I'm sure he feels it would hurt his brand in the city he worked if people looked at him as a new Yorker unsteady of this Philly persona he tried to take up.
OK, he's not a fan, keep telling yourself that.

Odds are that if he wasn't a fan of the Eagles when he started he is now, because of the years invested in the team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a big deal about nothing. The Eagles made the right move by losing, keeping their draft slot at 6 instead of falling to 9. That's a lot of draft value to throw away to win a game for no impact to your franchise. The only mistake was the coach claiming that they were playing to win; that was only a half-truth at best. The players played hard, but he pulled his QB without performance-related reason.

Any butthurt from the Giants franchise is simply pathetic. Win more than 6 games, THEN you can complain about a rival team tanking away your playoff chances. Even then, your rival has no reason to help you, so your complaints still won't be taken seriously.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a big deal about nothing. The Eagles made the right move by losing, keeping their draft slot at 6 instead of falling to 9. That's a lot of draft value to throw away to win a game for no impact to your franchise. The only mistake was the coach claiming that they were playing to win; that was only a half-truth at best. The players played hard, but he pulled his QB without performance-related reason.

Any butthurt from the Giants franchise is simply pathetic. Win more than 6 games, THEN you can complain about a rival team tanking away your playoff chances. Even then, your rival has no reason to help you, so your complaints still won't be taken seriously.

Forget the Giants

eagles players don’t agree with your take

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the Giants

eagles players don’t agree with your take
Players are trying to earn their next paycheck, so that's understandable. However, a 6th win isn't going to make as a big of an impression as the effort given in that game. The only player that could've lost out would've been Hurts, and he clearly isn't going to lose anything as he seems to be the heir apparent at starting QB. So, it's really just Pederson that has egg on his face for trying to gloss over what the decision really was. However, I sincerely doubt it was his decision to do so either, so now you have to lay blame on the front office and ownership. The Eagles should've been upfront and just tanked from the beginning of the game, starting more depth players under the guise of "needing to evaluate them for next season".

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LoL

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, if that's why he did it they need to change the rule so the draft positions of all the non playoff teams are picked at random

It's also kind of ridiculous that the Jets beat 2 playoff teams in a row and all they got for it was a bunch of shit from everyone.