• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles made a mockery of the NFL last night

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, crazy to give him $69M for two years ($31M 2020; $38M 2021; $34.5M 2 year avg) instead of the $38M (give or take a couple of Benjamins) per for 4 years that he wanted...oh wait, maybe not...
If you're prepared to pay him $38M when injured in a decreasing cap situation then you'd think he'd be worth even more when healthy in the future in an increasing cap situation. In that case $40M+ in 2022 and $45M+ in 2023 with benefits from salary cap manipulation would have made sense.

The point is that tagging Prescott at $38M in 2021 looked like a stretch back in March 2020 when he was healthy and the cap was expected to rise. It's harder to justify such a move now.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing has ever made more sense than Wentz and the Colts

Reich, one of the best Olines in the game, an awesome running game and top end defense

if Wentz will ever regain it, that place makes the most sense by a mile

Yeah I think they are the most likely. I don't see the point of them bringing Rivers back unless they need to. He's not getting any better at his age so they might already be at their peak with him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think they are the most likely. I don't see the point of them bringing Rivers back unless they need to. He's not getting any better at his age so they might already be at their peak with him.
They’ve performed pretty well with him. If they think they have a shot again, why Rock the boat and risk another qb not working out in the system or performing. Rivers has done exactly what they’ve asked and likely slightly more. I would see no reason they don’t offer another one year deal.

that’s a team with a really strong core.

unless of course reich feels wentz is good to go and the long term answer.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its not big wentz money, why does everyone keep saying this. The eagles are eating the money regardless........a team that trades for wentz gets him in the mid 20's for multiple years. If you think he can start, this is dirt cheap for a quarterback.

WENTZ'S CONTRACT MAKES HIM AN ATTRACTIVE TRADE TARGET IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FIX HIM OR HE CAN BE A STARTER.
If Wentz doesn't work out for his new team, they can cut him after the 2022 season with no cap penalty. It really is a good deal if he can be fixed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Totally agree.
I forget what thread it was in but I broke it down if say the Colts make the trade. Wentz would restructure to make it a more friendly deal and the Eagles take the hit for 2021 and off the books in 2022.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget what thread it was in but I broke it down if say the Colts make the trade. Wentz would restructure to make it a more friendly deal and the Eagles take the hit for 2021 and off the books in 2022.
Well yeah I guess ThTs certainly possible. Wishful thinking maybe? Be curious to see the argument for that I’m intrigued

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah I guess ThTs certainly possible. Wishful thinking maybe? Be curious to see the argument for that I’m intrigued
It does make sense from both parties and the trade partner. Wentz moves on, Eagles off that number the following year and who ever trades for him gets him at 4yrs at a good price or cut in 2 yrs with out penalty.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the injuries and general wear-and-tear that Wentz has suffered $25M per year is probably his ceiling value and there's no guarantee he'll even win a starting job again. Someone might be prepared to take on that risk at low or no trade cost. If a team has to give up significant trade compensation then Wentz wouldn't be a huge bargain even if he played at his ceiling for 2 years. I see a lot of risk and not much reward.
Again no one is commenting on Wentz‘s talent here. The point is that if someone is trading for him that THEY are doing so because they think he is still a starting QB and for a starting QB that is a bargain Price. If you were a GM and you question his ability to be a starting QB then you wouldn’t trade for him. But there are 31 other teams and a team will and while the picks that are being asked for could be a deterrent (depending on what they are), the salary won’t be for a team that thinks he is a good starter. And if it’s only a second that won’t be a deterrent either if they think he is. Just a year ago I read on here that Wentz would bring back a minimum of 3 first round picks and probably more from our favorite Eagles fan so this is a bargain!!!

I still think Philly keeps him and that they would be dumb to trade him right now

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again no one is commenting on Wentz‘s talent here. The point is that if someone is trading for him that THEY are doing so because they think he is still a starting QB and for a starting QB that is a bargain Price. If you were a GM and you question his ability to be a starting QB then you wouldn’t trade for him. But there are 31 other teams and a team will and while the picks that are being asked for could be a deterrent (depending on what they are), the salary won’t be for a team that thinks he is a good starter. And if it’s only a second that won’t be a deterrent either if they think he is. Just a year ago I read on here that Wentz would bring back a minimum of 3 first round picks and probably more from our favorite Eagles fan so this is a bargain!!!

I still think Philly keeps him and that they would be dumb to trade him right now
I think Philly moves Wentz but if they don't than Hurts has to be moved. No way can Doug, Wentz and Hurts be on the same sideline.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys can we go back to the topic of the thread about how the Eagles made a complete mockery of the NFL

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make sense from both parties and the trade partner. Wentz moves on, Eagles off that number the following year and who ever trades for him gets him at 4yrs at a good price or cut in 2 yrs with out penalty.
It does, but guys usually don’t wanna restructure...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does, but guys usually don’t wanna restructure...
You're correct but in this case if Wentz truly wants out as reports has suggested then he will need to restructure to make it a more friendly contract for the team that's trading for him. If he didn't, than there's no way any team would even entertain the idea of trading for him and be stuck with that contract if he can't be fixed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct but in this case if Wentz truly wants out as reports has suggested then he will need to restructure to make it a more friendly contract for the team that's trading for him. If he didn't, than there's no way any team would even entertain the idea of trading for him and be stuck with that contract if he can't be fixed.
i question anything with wentz. There have been rumors about him being a bad team mate, uncoachable for years.........he gets benched and immediatedly starts stoking the fires........great guy..........."but i hear carson wentz is an outstanding young man"...........

i dunno, i am not confident wentz sees anything but himself

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i question anything with wentz. There have been rumors about him being a bad team mate, uncoachable for years.........he gets benched and immediatedly starts stoking the fires........great guy..........."but i hear carson wentz is an outstanding young man"...........

i dunno, i am not confident wentz sees anything but himself
Lots of those rumors but I don't think they started until Reich left for Indy. He seemed like the guy that kept Wentz in check and got on his case when he messed up. Doug doesn't seem to have that type of relationship even though he's a player friendly coach. Or he did until Wentz got benched.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of those rumors but I don't think they started until Reich left for Indy. He seemed like the guy that kept Wentz in check and got on his case when he messed up. Doug doesn't seem to have that type of relationship even though he's a player friendly coach. Or he did until Wentz got benched.
yeah you may be right, its definitely a major story line. Ther will and has been wentz pgh rumors

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys can we go back to the topic of the thread about how the Eagles made a complete mockery of the NFL
I think the Eagles did what's best for the NFL and the Eagles team.
We don't need another year of how good the Eagles are.
We don't need any more dynasty nonsense.
We do need the Eagles to go climb back in their hole for another 35 years!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles did what's best for the NFL and the Eagles team.
We don't need another year of how good the Eagles are.
We don't need any more dynasty nonsense.
We do need the Eagles to go climb back in their hole for another 35 years!
The Boondocks Hug GIF by Adult Swim

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know jackassery is transpiring in this 23 page thread, i just give my best wishes to Tom Brady who faces the WFT defense that shut down Nate Sudfeld, you have your work cut out for you.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know jackassery is transpiring in this 23 page thread, i just give my best wishes to Tom Brady who faces the WFT defense that shut down Nate Sudfeld, you have your work cut out for you.
Don’t forget a rb trying to play qb too