• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have used the "we don't know" because all that is happening in this thread is arguing over opinions.

Except, of course, for this argument about where the Lions had Sam Martin rated in relation to the other punters in the draft. That's not so much an argument of opinions...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way about Thomas, thndr. If it weren't for that Euro, Kickalicious, I'd really hate that punter we drafted. But I only have room to hate one football player that uses his feet. And David Akers is second in line.

Really?

Guess I am the only one on these boards who liked Rambo as a player. I really don't think Thomas will beat out Rambo for the starting gig. Just my opinion though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk about legitimate points, but how about this legitimate point. Joique Bell had 134 touches last year. Mikel LeShoure had 249 touches last year. LeShoure had 115 more touches and only 123 yards more in total offense. You don't see that as disappointing?

You're a bit thick, hey? I outright said, verbatim (look it up), that I don't think anyone will argue that Leshoure had a disappointing season last year. Right on this thread, plain as day.

Have you resorted to emphatically arguing things I've already conceded to now in order to pump yourself back up after that punter ranking debacle?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, I see. So the printed quote I offered is no good, because they're just saying that stuff to look good, not because they mean it. Until it suits your argument, of course, then it's the honest truth.

But that's fine, I figured you'd just brush that article off, since it flies directly in the face of what you're saying. No worries though, I'm sure everyone still thinks you're right and that article was a hoax perpetrated by the Lions team website just to make you look bad..

What does it fly in the face of? In my OPINION, drafting a punter in the 5th round was a waste, as their was no difference between 4 or 5 guys. In my OPINION, they could have drafted a punter just as good, late in the 7th round. In my OPINION, they could have drafted Sam Martin with their last pick in the 7th round. In my OPINION, since no other team brought Sam Martin in for a visit, I'm thinking he wasn't on anyone's radar (it isn't as if Martin was light years better than the next option -- if he kicked in D-1 BCS, instead of FCS, his 45.9 average would have ranked him 8th).

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere, I think the Lions website. Ansah was third overall on their board. Probably behind Fisher and Joeckel. Any truth to that?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is that the stats you're putting up to support your opinion agree with your opinion?

What stats am I missing that would show a player's burst or explosiveness? Am I missing something? Are you saying that he showed off his burst explosiveness on all his 1 yard touchdown runs?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it fly in the face of? In my OPINION, drafting a punter in the 5th round was a waste, as their was no difference between 4 or 5 guys. In my OPINION, they could have drafted a punter just as good, late in the 7th round. In my OPINION, they could have drafted Sam Martin with their last pick in the 7th round.

Nope, wasn't any of that stuff. Nice try on the re-direct, though.

It flies directly in the face of you saying that we have no way of knowing where the Lions had Martin rated in relation to the other punters on their board.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, you're right- he sucks.

Keep it up- the world needs more guy capable of completely blocking out whatever they need to in order to stay convinced that they're always right on every subject. It's really an impressive skill to have mastered.

Yes it does. The Republican party needs to rebuild:lol:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It flies directly in the face of you saying that we have no way of knowing where the Lions had Martin rated in relation to the other punters on their board.

Since you know how the Lions had the rest of the punters on their board rated -- tell us, as I would love to know.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my OPINION, since no other team brought Sam Martin in for a visit, I'm thinking he wasn't on anyone's radar
Many teams don't bring players in for visits and draft them anyway. Happens all the time. I put this fact up a couple times on this board, in the last two drafts(not counting this one) the Lions have drafted zero, count em ZERO of the 60 players they brought infor a visit. So just bc a guy doesn't visit, doesn't mean he isn't on a team's radar.

And conversely, just bc they bring in players doesn't mean said team will draft them.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you know how the Lions had the rest of the punters on their board rated -- tell us, as I would love to know.

Be happy to- they had all the rest rated not as highly as Martin and Locke.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to the lil lion slappies that were running to facebook like lil bitches?

Sucks the cbs posters who get mad everytime someone that doesnt agree with them that EVERY move the lions make is "AWESOME" made it over here. Thought they had their own private facebook page to get woodies over signing some practice squad guy.

Where do some people find time to watch every college and NFL player or read how great they are, and post 100 times a day?

As i stated. I didnt thing anything was wrong with rollings post. He gave the lions props and he said what he didnt like. Every team in every sport has flaws.

But who cares. I know im a fan and i know everyone else on here is a fan. Just hate fans who act like they know everything and are sitting in the draft room with the brass as they make picks. And want to tell everyone else they dont know shit because they arent agreeing with them. Reading some of these posts the lions should go 16-0.

I also love the tough guy shit online. But ill leave the lil punks have their board. Dont like posting where people cant have opinions. Just crazy. And i thought the bears fans were bad. If your not all rah rah on here, you dont know football.

Guess we will just have to wait n see if the punter becomes an all pro since he was drafted. Or if jake fox will become a beast. Or if mike thomas will be very valuable.

Guess ill head back to the tigers board and bash valverde or raturd since i wont get yelled at for thinking they suck! Lions 16-0 baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also love the tough guy shit online. But ill leave the lil punks have their board
Ahhhh, irony at its finest. Lol

Or if jake fox will become a beast
Its getting ever so hard to take u seriously when u don't even know the actual names of players on our roster. I'm beginning to think that "52 players" aberration wasn't a typo.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks the cbs posters who get mad everytime someone that doesnt agree with them that EVERY move the lions make is "AWESOME" made
If you'd actually go back through and read the first reply to thunder, you'll see my polite disagreement and response. I never got mad. But I'm guessing reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

and post 100 times a day
Theres that great math again. Show us how someone on this board would have the ability, or numbers, to post "100 times a day"? Can u please? I'll be waiting.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i called it. Knew ole micro would be suckin on his buddys lil thing. Funny everytime i argue with TP his lil bitch jumps in!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny everytime i argue with TP his lil bitch jumps in!
Couple things. Why is it that you can act hard online(with your lame name calling)and its ok, but someone like myself or TP disagree with someone and an argument insues yet you call us out for trying to "be tough online"? I find it funny, like most of your posts.

Secondly, why is it ok for you to jump in with thunder and miked? Are you their lil bitch? I'm beginning to think so if that's your criteria.

Here's the thing, you can act hard all you want and call me whatever names you want. Fact of the matter is, I simply disagreed(politely I might add) with what thunder initially said. Then this thread took a turn for the worse(as they often do). You come in acting all ghetto and add nothing to the conversation but insults. I'm guilty of that at times(we all are) but you seem to only do that. I find it odd you think you know so much but can't get players names right or the amount of players on an active NFL roster. Ah well. I'll be waiting for your next witty reply.