• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I wish we'd drafted a safety instead of Martin. We actually had more than just that 5th round pick to use, fyi.

You keep mentioning Rambo, but he slid as far as he did for a reason. If he was as talented as you keep suggesting he would have went much higher than he did.

And you can bs all you want and pretend that you know something that's impossible to know, but the reality is that you have no way (whatsoever, despite your deep connections within the NFL scouting community) of knowing that we could have had him in the 7th.

As far as I'm concerned you made the posts you did to be a dissenter and rile up the people here who actually like the team. Mission accomplished, no stop trying to act innocent like you didn't know exactly what you were up to.

If you guys knew 1/4 of the crap you like to act like you know you'd all be making seven figure salaries running an NFL team. As it is none of you have even had so much as an entry-level personnel job in the NFL. What does that tell you?

You say you wanted Phillip Thomas right? Lets make a friendly wager. Him and Rambo are actually battling it out for starting duties in Washington. "Barring Rambo doing something stupid off field". Whoever wins out, the other guy has to change his fantasy team name for the first three weeks of the season to whatever the other wants. :nod:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those rhetorical question Paulus? Cuz I don't want to look stupid by answering. But I really feel the need to post.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies to all the board members here (even the ones I'm arguing with) for turning this thread into a battle roy-al.

Like I said, I just can't handle our own fans trash-talking our players who don't deserve it.

Normally I like your posts just fine thndr, but it's the unprovoked shots at Leshoure and Levy, two solid, if unspectacular players, that I just couldn't let slide.

We disagree on the punter thing, but that's at least a legitimate debate....

It's all good, we have to discuss different points and ideas. It's never personal, more fun to me. I mean I still got love for Hevo even though he is wrong 99% of the time. :whip:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Philly Boy.... Still kinda do. Rambo needs to realize the war is over. Kids got his whole life ahead of him. Can't keep living in the past.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your opinion.

Well... that's one way of looking at it.

His opinion is LeShoure disappointed last year.
I don't think any of us would disagree with that. He only averaged like 3.7 YPC and his longest run was like 16 yards. That sucks.

Doesn't mean he sucks though. He still went over 1,000 total yards and put up 9 TDs, showing a knack for punching in the goal line runs from inside the 5. His 34 receptions are also an encouraging sign. If he can showcase adequate receiving skills at his size it really puts the defense in a bind as to what package to match-up on him with.

Remember, you're grading him on his rookie season when he was coming off of an ruptured achilles. He was also drafted to be the power compliment to Jahvid Best, but do to injuries to each, neither played together. Best has now been replaced by Bush, so we'll finally get to see Leshoure used in the way they intended when they drafted him. Plus, you can't say our o-line last year was much good for run blocking, especially middle-right.

So yes, definitely a disappointing season for him, but far, far too soon to write him off.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say you wanted Phillip Thomas right? Lets make a friendly wager. Him and Rambo are actually battling it out for starting duties in Washington. "Barring Rambo doing something stupid off field". Whoever wins out, the other guy has to change his fantasy team name for the first three weeks of the season to whatever the other wants. :nod:

I want to say deal, but the part about "barring Rambo doing something stupid off the field" gives me pause. That's the whole reason he slid so far, he's got a shitty attitude. That's part of his package.

He's also supposed to be much stronger against the run than in coverage. Thomas is the exact opposite- strong in coverage, not a run-stuffer. Brandon Merriweather sucks, he put together a few good years in New England, but hasn't fared well at all in Chicago or Washington yet. I wouldn't be surprised if both Rambo and Thomas are the starters by the end of camp. Wouldn't be all that crazy at all, imo...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side your first thread here took off with a bang... we're already some seven pages in on the first day.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it when Rambo blows shit up. Hell, I like it when anyone blows shit up. Even the aliens in Independence Day. You gotta admit, they blew some shit the fuck up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aliens didn't know that a Spaceball was Prez though. Stupid intergalactic retards!!!!......(real good at blowing the fuck outta shit though, I'll give credit where is due)

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side your first thread here took off with a bang... we're already some seven pages in on the first day.

HAHA, yeah this board was kind of in yawn mode. Wasn't really my intention with the post. Was actually hesitant to post it cause the last time I said I liked one of Mayhews draft was 2011. :L

I liked his way of thinking though. A Possible top flight edge rusher, possible #1 CB and a solid Olineman in Warford. Also a another possible starting DE and #2wr Fuller. Just pissed we didn't get Rambo, thought he was the third best safety in the draft behind Cyprien and Vaccaro.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aliens didn't know that a Spaceball was Prez though. Stupid intergalactic retards!!!!......(real good at blowing the fuck outta shit though, I'll give credit where is due)

Are we talking about spaceballs? LUDICROUS SPEED

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damnit, I've been combing the interwebs, for clips of guys combing the desert, and evidently, I ain't found SHIT!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way about Thomas, thndr. If it weren't for that Euro, Kickalicious, I'd really hate that punter we drafted. But I only have room to hate one football player that uses his feet. And David Akers is second in line.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say deal, but the part about "barring Rambo doing something stupid off the field" gives me pause. That's the whole reason he slid so far, he's got a shitty attitude. That's part of his package.

He's also supposed to be much stronger against the run than in coverage. Thomas is the exact opposite- strong in coverage, not a run-stuffer. Brandon Merriweather sucks, he put together a few good years in New England, but hasn't fared well at all in Chicago or Washington yet. I wouldn't be surprised if both Rambo and Thomas are the starters by the end of camp. Wouldn't be all that crazy at all, imo...

As a patriots fan he was far from worthy of that pro bowl. I hated him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved him when he played for the Bears. He was Megatron's bitch on that Monday Night game a couple years ago. Plus, Jahvid Best froze him in his tracks on his 80 yard TD sprint. Ran right past him...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a great view from high up in the end zone. Fucking corner seats....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't as bad as we had after but he wasn't a pro bowler. The one week he got fined with us:

Cheap hit by Meriweather on Heap - YouTube

The hit was probably the only dirty one that week even though two others got fined, and was flat retarded. You couldn't trust the dude.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this day I still enjoy watching Buster Douglas beat the crap out of Tyson.