• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have said it yourself.....None of us hold a job on the Lions or even in the smallest capacity of pro football including personnel. So all your research means shit. Therefore your opinion means shit. Nice to know you are here though.
Lol. I'd hate to see what conversations would be like on here when nobody does any research and we just have to take people's words for it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have said it yourself.....None of us hold a job on the Lions or even in the smallest capacity of pro football including personnel. So all your research means shit. Therefore your opinion means shit. Nice to know you are here though.

The difference is that I'm not constantly second-guessing seemingly every decision the professionals make.

I don't sit here and assume I could do their job better simply because I watch football on TV.

Additionally, I try to form my opinions based on the available information, something you seem to be quite biased against from what I can tell...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny Thing, I like Lehsoure, I think he will be or could be a very solid running back. The Lions O-line doesn't provide that for him with his style. There's nothing wrong with the Talent Mikel possess. We just don't get a push or even a punch from our O-line that is needed for his between the tackles style of running.

Bush will be way more successful behind our line because he won't be asked to run left or right of Raiola.

This is a positive post for Leshoure....Negative towards Raiola and Peterman. Warrford still needs to prove himself and if he does Leshoures YPC should go up.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I'd hate to see what conversations would be like on here when nobody does any research and we just have to take people's words for it.

That sounds like Muzzer's perfect world, because, by all indications that's exactly how he operates.

I try not to respond to all his little pot-shots at those of us who got an education, rather than taking his military path- he seems to not really put very much stock into the value of an education. His loss, I guess; I can't imagine the person I'd be if I hadn't gone to college, but everyone is different.

And before anyone even tries to go there- I'm not saying there's anything wrong with going into the military instead of going to college or trade school. In fact, I feel like every high-school graduate should have to do one of those things- go to college or trade school, or join the military. Both will teach you a ton while you learn who you are. I just want to point out that I'm not pissing on the choice to join the military the way Muzzer pisses on those who went to school instead and now sit behind a desk for a living...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that I'm not constantly second-guessing seemingly every decision the professionals make.

I don't sit here and assume I could do their job better simply because I watch football on TV.

Additionally, I try to form my opinions based on the available information, something you seem to be quite biased against from what I can tell...

So you assume everyone on this board doesn't do as much research as you do and only watches youtube and the games and comes on here to lash out?

Nice to know.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like Muzzer's perfect world, because, by all indications that's exactly how he operates.

I try not to respond to all his little pot-shots at those of us who got an education, rather than taking his military path- he seems to not really put very much stock into the value of an education. His loss, I guess; I can't imagine the person I'd be if I hadn't gone to college, but everyone is different.

And before anyone even tries to go there- I'm not saying there's anything wrong with going into the military instead of going to college or trade school. In fact, I feel like every high-school graduate should have to do one of those things- go to college or trade school, or join the military. Both will teach you a ton while you learn who you are. I just want to point out that I'm not pissing on the choice to join the military the way Muzzer pisses on those who went to school instead and now sit behind a desk for a living...

Where the hell did this come from today? You holding resentment from conversations past? Then I'll bring one up... You can take your degree and kindly not educate my kid while smoking pot....I could careless you smoke pot. I plan on doing a lot of it when I retire, But I don't think I would want you educating my children high or with clouded thoughts. Just a FYI I have an associates degree. (why i would give you cannon fodder is beyond me):laugh3:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny Thing, I like Lehsoure, I think he will be or could be a very solid running back. The Lions O-line doesn't provide that for him with his style. There's nothing wrong with the Talent Mikel possess. We just don't get a push or even a punch from our O-line that is needed for his between the tackles style of running.

Bush will be way more successful behind our line because he won't be asked to run left or right of Raiola.

This is a positive post for Leshoure....Negative towards Raiola and Peterman. Warrford still needs to prove himself and if he does Leshoures YPC should go up.

Totally agree on this one. Leshoure needs to find another gear in the open field, but due to our o-line's inability to run block, I don't think he saw the open field more than a couple times last season...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother in law is blackhawk pilot that joined the army right out of H.S. He got his associates degree and flies in the same unit that killed Bin laden. 1/60th night stalkers......Ya that's right, you could have an associates degree and fly a navy seal team to go into Pakistan and Kill Bin laden....

Didn't need any doctorate there... Neither did the crew chiefs or door gunners in the side doors.....

None of them were on dope either, they would be unfit for duty and kicked out of the Army....Guess there are standards for doing jobs....Educating children isn't one of them apparently.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on this one. Leshoure needs to find another gear in the open field, but due to our o-line's inability to run block, I don't think he saw the open field more than a couple times last season...

Leshoure will never have that gear. He didn't have it coming out of college and after the achilles tear he still won't have it.....He's a strait line runner with power.....Don't ever expect him to break a 40 yarder unless someone on the D slips or a Missed tackle.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you assume everyone on this board doesn't do as much research as you do and only watches youtube and the games and comes on here to lash out?

Nice to know.
I didn't say that at all. In fact I don't even think I mentioned youtube. You're combining multiple people's posts and putting words in my mouth- pretty cowardly if you ask me.

As for my comments about your seemingly negative view on researching players- you take shots very often at those of us who mention that we read, research, study or whatever because we "can't learn anything behind a desk", or some such bullshit.

I understand that we have two different world views and that clearly affects the way we follow our team, but that's exactly what I was pointing out- I'm not the one constantly calling out our management for seemingly every decision they make. I'm not cocky/foolish enough to honestly believe that I could do a better job. Are there prospects I like who turn out better than the ones we pick? You bet, but the other side of that coin is that there are guys I would pass on (Matt Stafford, Louis Delmas) who turn out to be the right pick. The reason is, mostly, because we have far, far less resources to form our opinions on these players than the professionals do. I understand and accept that. I understand that I'm simply a well-studied amateur when it comes to NFL personnel: I know far more than the average Joe, but not a fraction of what the professionals know.

If you're going to be a dissenter (which you absolutely are) on a board full of Lions fans you have to expect this kind of backlash from the guys like me who don't agree with you. You bring it on yourselves with your negative, challenging comments, yet try to act like we're the aggressors in the situation. That's not the way the world works, not matter how much you may not like it...

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell did this come from today? You holding resentment from conversations past? Then I'll bring one up... You can take your degree and kindly not educate my kid while smoking pot....I could careless you smoke pot. I plan on doing a lot of it when I retire, But I don't think I would want you educating my children high or with clouded thoughts. Just a FYI I have an associates degree. (why i would give you cannon fodder is beyond me):laugh3:

1.) Yes, this is from conversations in the past where you've suggested that doing actual research is a waste of our time.

2.) I've never gone to work high, that would be an automatic dismissal without so much as a second thought. Not to mention the moral lines it would cross. I'm a professional while I'm at work, what I do on my free time is my business, not my employer's.

3.) I find it curious that you have a college degree, yet take so many shots at those with an education. Did you have a bad experience with one or more of your professors? I know I found more than a few to be useless tools who couldn't teach a mosquito to fly, but you'll get that in every industry across the globe. Some people are just in it for the paycheck, but don't let that poison your view of any one profession on the whole.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that at all. In fact I don't even think I mentioned youtube. You're combining multiple people's posts and putting words in my mouth- pretty cowardly if you ask me.

As for my comments about your seemingly negative view on researching players- you take shots very often at those of us who mention that we read, research, study or whatever because we "can't learn anything behind a desk", or some such bullshit.

I understand that we have two different world views and that clearly affects the way we follow our team, but that's exactly what I was pointing out- I'm not the one constantly calling out our management for seemingly every decision they make. I'm not cocky/foolish enough to honestly believe that I could do a better job. Are there prospects I like who turn out better than the ones we pick? You bet, but the other side of that coin is that there are guys I would pass on (Matt Stafford, Louis Delmas) who turn out to be the right pick. The reason is, mostly, because we have far, far less resources to form our opinions on these players than the professionals do. I understand and accept that. I understand that I'm simply a well-studied amateur when it comes to NFL personnel: I know far more than the average Joe, but not a fraction of what the professionals know.

If you're going to be a dissenter (which you absolutely are) on a board full of Lions fans you have to expect this kind of backlash from the guys like me who don't agree with you. You bring it on yourselves with your negative, challenging comments, yet try to act like we're the aggressors in the situation. That's not the way the world works, not matter how much you may not like it...

How do you expect me to take that post? You called me a dissenter. You were the aggressor in going after rollinthr. I'm the exact guy you are, I don't put up with that crap either. You bring it upon yourself with constant praise of guys that can do NO wrong.

The thread exist not to just show the last post, but for those that want to sift through the drivel that both of us just spent probably a hour doing to find out both are fans and wouldnt spend this amout of time trying to tear each others post down if they weren't both Lions fans.

Just remember, rollingthr started this thread and you jumped right in by calling his statement :lame:

You were the aggressor. Whether I agreed or not with his point is irrelevent. You just found it necessary to tear down an obvious Lions fan post. Happens way to often.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother in law is blackhawk pilot that joined the army right out of H.S. He got his associates degree and flies in the same unit that killed Bin laden. 1/60th night stalkers......Ya that's right, you could have an associates degree and fly a navy seal team to go into Pakistan and Kill Bin laden....

Didn't need any doctorate there... Neither did the crew chiefs or door gunners in the side doors.....

None of them were on dope either, they would be unfit for duty and kicked out of the Army....Guess there are standards for doing jobs....Educating children isn't one of them apparently.

I don't see where you're going with any of this. Most pilots have a fair bit of classroom-oriented education. It's a very demanding field that only accepts the best of the best. You're not telling me anything I didn't already know there.

Way to be a dick though and take another shot at teachers. There's absolutely standards for educating children, much more so than for joining the military, in fact. I smoke pot on my time, if I ever came to work high, that'd be the last time I ever stepped foot in a classroom as a teacher. They don't fuck around on that stuff one bit. The difference between teaching and flying an assault vehicle is that I can smoke a joint on Sunday afternoon and be 100% fine to teach come Monday morning. Military pilots don't have the luxury of knowing exactly (to the minute with my career) when they'll be on or off the clock, so smoking is a total no-go in that field, and understandably so.

The world isn't as black-and-white as you seem to wish it was. Mastering and accepting the grey areas that 99% of us live in is the key to happiness, imo. I'm not saying that you're unhappy per se, but you sure do complain a whole lot...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leshoure will never have that gear. He didn't have it coming out of college and after the achilles tear he still won't have it.....He's a strait line runner with power.....Don't ever expect him to break a 40 yarder unless someone on the D slips or a Missed tackle.

He may never have it again, but he was far more explosive pre-injury than he is now. He didn't have good long speed, but he had that burst to hit the hole and chew up ten yards in the blink of an eye. That was his biggest asset coming out- being so quick and explosive for suck a big guy... not necessarily a burner, just explosive.

Hopefully he gets that back this year with his injury being two years in the rearview...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring it upon yourself with constant praise of guys that can do NO wrong

Such as? I see this from you a lot when we argue, but it's just not true, so I'm calling you on it. There's a big difference between me offering what a guy is good at, what his workout numbers are, and where he can help us or how he might fit in, and saying that all our players can do no wrong. Usually I'm just defending a guy's place on our 90 man offseason roster from angry guys like you who are too pissed off to miss a chance to second-guess our management.

Like I said earlier, you don't have any ground to stand on so you're tossing our vague generalizations and grasping at straws.

Also, aggressor and dissenter have two totally different meanings. Yes, I was absolutely the aggressor on this thread, that doesn't change the fact that you are a dissenter one bit...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where you're going with any of this. Most pilots have a fair bit of classroom-oriented education. It's a very demanding field that only accepts the best of the best. You're not telling me anything I didn't already know there.

Way to be a dick though and take another shot at teachers. There's absolutely standards for educating children, much more so than for joining the military, in fact. I smoke pot on my time, if I ever came to work high, that'd be the last time I ever stepped foot in a classroom as a teacher. They don't fuck around on that stuff one bit. The difference between teaching and flying an assault vehicle is that I can smoke a joint on Sunday afternoon and be 100% fine to teach come Monday morning. Military pilots don't have the luxury of knowing exactly (to the minute with my career) when they'll be on or off the clock, so smoking is a total no-go in that field, and understandably so.

The world isn't as black-and-white as you seem to wish it was. Mastering and accepting the grey areas that 99% of us live in is the key to happiness, imo. I'm not saying that you're unhappy per se, but you sure do complain a whole lot...

Would you still smoke pot if you got tested? Military personnel don't smoke because they can be tested at anytime day or nite. You wreck your career if you do it. What means more to you? Smoking or your job? You can have a 4 day weekend and smoke it on a Friday come back Wednesday and get tested and wreck your career. Until the School system up there starts testing for it, doesn't seem too smart.

I'm just a bus driver and got tested 3 times this year....once for drugs, twice for alcohol......You just show up to work and they test you on site or send you to a paid clinic.....Sounds like being a bus driver might have more stringent guidlines then being a teacher.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just found it necessary to tear down an obvious Lions fan post. Happens way to often.

In my book "obvious Lions fans" don't trash two or three of our players without prompting in a single post... that's trolling every day of the week the way I see it. He put those comments out as bait because he likes starting shit, it's been that way for a few years on the old board. I guess it just annoyed me that he came over here spewing trash-talk in his very first thread on here. But go ahead and hold his hand and tell him it's ok because we're the bad guys for supporting our team...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you still smoke pot if you got tested? Military personnel don't smoke because they can be tested at anytime day or nite. You wreck your career if you do it. What means more to you? Smoking or your job? You can have a 4 day weekend and smoke it on a Friday come back Wednesday and get tested and wreck your career. Until the School system up there starts testing for it, doesn't seem too smart.

I'm just a bus driver and got tested 3 times this year....once for drugs, twice for alcohol......You just show up to work and they test you on site or send you to a paid clinic.....Sounds like being a bus driver might have more stringent guidlines then being a teacher.

This is another one where I'm not sure where you're going? You keep posting the obvious, as if I'm arguing to the contrary. I don't get it, sorry. Keep posting these obvious things if it makes you feel better, I guess, but most competent adults already understand exactly what you just posted- of course you don't smoke dope if you get random drug tests in your profession. That's basic common sense.

As for your job having more stringent guidelines than mine simply because you get tested x amount of times per year, that's exactly the kind of pathetic thing I'd expect a dissenter like you to say. You get tested because you didn't go though a program specifically designed to weed out the problem employees. There's little need to drug test teachers because the ones prone to coming to class high or drunk were kicked out of the program within the first semester or two. Also, a teacher will be let go at the first sign of legal trouble, there's simply no tolerance in our profession. If the principal thinks someone is coming to work impaired they're fucked. We're union, but if you're intoxicated at work the union will side with the school 110% of the time.

This is just speculation on my part, but every school I've been at there's been issues with a lot of the satellite employees (custodians, bus drivers, kitchen staff, maintenance, etc...) having a palpable resentment towards the teachers at the school. From what I can tell you fall right into that boat...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The military has a program to find out those same people, it's called basic training, but yet officers are still tested even after being in the military for over a decade.

I don't hate teachers, I just don't want teachers using drugs educating children.

I don't have much interaction with teachers on a day to day basis. I only deal with the Principals or Vice Principals when there is a issue. I sure as heck don't want my principals smoking pot either. His judgement might not be where I need it when making decisions about my bus and little Johnny....And yes I have a good rapport with my principals because little Johnny will always behave or be expelled from school.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow i see things on the lions boards never change. I thought rollings post was nice and spot on. Alot of people back home including the newspapers were scratching their heads about the punter.

Why is it if a fan says anything negative, its trolling? I mean, the lions were 4-12 last year.....have had how many winning years in the last 30 years? It isnt like we have a team full of stars.

So just because these scouts are here now scouting and drafting doesnt mean they know what they are doing....so the scout who said "ryan leaf should be our pick at number 2" knew what he was talking about? I remember telling friends during the draft that drafting terry fair instead of randy moss will come back n bite us. But i guess whatever lion scout that thought fair was a better option than moss knew something i didnt.

Check any team in any sport and nobody has fans who love every move the team makes. That doesnt make them trolls. On the tigers boards valverde and raburn and inge and now martinez have all heard it from fans. So while mostly every tiger fan didnt want valverde back YET the tigers brass brought him back, and it failed. Why couldnt DD or leyland see what every fan could see?

Then TP makes it seem like hes the only one who knows anything......just him and the lions people. All 52 lions on the roster will be great in his eyes. Im waiting to see fox. I think he will never be a decent tackle. And for thinking that im a troll. Watta joke! But when he fails as i think he will, imma see how TP spins that one.....levy is a below avg LB. peterman is below avg. TP thinks mike thomas will get around 5 carries a game and around 300 yds rushing and around 50 receptions and how many TD's. thats the craziness of his posts. He thinks every lion will put up video game numbers. I just wanna win ONE playoff game. Been a long time since ray crockett backed his way into the end zone.

Sorry if you dont care for some of us lion fans that have seen the same old lions over and over do the same thing. You say how great everyone is. So 13-3 this year? I see 8-8 as a huge year for the lions.