• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not mind drafting a punter, but not in the 5th frieken round. Plus, I want Kickalicious to win the job.:llama:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not mind drafting a punter, but not in the 5th frieken round. Plus, I want Kickalicious to win the job.:llama:
I secretly want him to win the job as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and TP seem to stick up for the Lions at every turn and every post.
Once again, you are incorrect. I don't stick up for every player or staff. I simply get tired of your negative shit. If I think a player needs defending from something asinine you or anyone else says, I'll say so. I know our team isn't chocked full of superstars, but we're far from the garbage you seem to think we have.

That's why you should apply. I'm sure your credentials of driving a bus will put you right in line with the best scouts.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP, you keep suggesting or quite frankly flat out say that the scouts or more importantly Lions scouts know more then everyone on this board. That's why they work in the business and we don't.

Well with the past 50 years of Lions football. I'm starting to believe anyone one us could do their job with a 8 hour seminar.

:agree::lol:

Exactly, I remember being so pissed when Millen traded up to NOT draft Jamaal Charles with his 4.38 speed to pick Kevin Smith with his 4.53 speed and 400 carries his senior year in college.

But Lions scouts are so much more knowledgeable. I know a lot of waiters but it doesn't mean I can't do a better job just cause they get paid to serve my tables and I don't.

I will give Mayhew and his staff this much credit. At least they are picking elite athletes (Ansah/Slay) instead of Millen just picking productive college players.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you are incorrect. I don't stick up for every player or staff. I simply get tired of your negative shit. If I think a player needs defending from something asinine you or anyone else says, I'll say so. I know our team isn't chocked full of superstars, but we're far from the garbage you seem to think we have.

That's why you should apply. I'm sure your credentials of driving a bus will put you right in line with the best scouts.

That might over qualify me, after all I can drive around more then 15 prospects at a time doing the job of the scout and team bus driver....I save the team money right there.

Do you ever get tired of my positive shit? Or you not care to chime in when I say something positive?

There is a ignore option on this site, and you wouldn't hurt my feelings if you used it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Lions scouts are so much more knowledgeable. I know a lot of waiters but it doesn't mean I can't do a better job just cause they get paid to serve my tables and I don't.
Wow, way to go to an extreme. Yes, I can see the simarities in waiting tables and scouting NFL players. Thanks for that laugh.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Mayhew and his staff this much credit. At least they are picking elite athletes (Ansah/Slay) instead of Millen just picking productive college players.

I liked all three of our first picks this year.......Mark that down micro......I think the Lions hit a HR with the 1st three picks......Don't be blind to it.....This is positive shit I'm posting here.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP

In one breath you say the punter is a great pick but in another you wish we drafted a safety.
We could of had Bacarri Rambo (plus range and also a proven play maker in colleges toughest conference) over a punter who could of been had in the 7th round/UFA.

Was it a great pick or wasn't it? :lol:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked all three of our first picks this year.......Mark that down micro......I think the Lions hit a HR with the 1st three picks......Don't be blind to it.....This is positive shit I'm posting here.

Exactly, TP and Micro like to pick what they want out of a post and dissect and blast it.

I basically said the entire draft was good except the punter over Bacarri Rambo which was straight up Millenesque.

If you go over to CBS Lions page, in the comments below- dated before the draft I wanted to trade down, pick up Werner(1st),DJ Hayden and Warford in the second. Instead we got Ansah/Slay and Warford. The first two are better players even. So I was all smiles on this draft. :yahoo:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, way to go to an extreme. Yes, I can see the simarities in waiting tables and scouting NFL players. Thanks for that laugh.

I drove a Bradley in the Army, and a school bus as a civilian but driving the bus is a far more difficult job then driving a Bradley.....So I gained a lot of respect for little old ladies then a 20 something infantry grunt.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Lol, I love that reasoning that when we point out the lack of logic in trashing a player for unfounded and/or false reasoning, then suddenly we defend every guy on the roster all the time.

Apparently it's my fault for not subscribing to "The world/America sucks or is going to shit, the Lions suck and will always lose, players on the waiver wire are garbage, no reason in drafting after the 3rd round, everyone is out to get me because I know more about everything than everyone else" mentality that I seem to need to share their point of view.

Also, apparently all you need to do to become a total expert on something, better even than the professionals who do it for a living, is to watch it on TV 16 times or so a year. Then you know more than anyone who disagrees with you could ever possibly know.

The things I learn on here, I tell ya... Kids these days..,

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::lol:

Exactly, I remember being so pissed when Millen traded up to NOT draft Jamaal Charles with his 4.38 speed to pick Kevin Smith with his 4.53 speed and 400 carries his senior year in college.

A.) You're aware that Millen was the GM, not a scout, correct? Also that he was notorious for ignoring his personnel people and drafting by his gut feeling? I'm guessing the answer is "no" you did not know that, since we're talking about scouting, and you're talking about the worst GM in the history of the league.

B.) Talking about waiters you know is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Comparing waiters you know to NFL scouts doesn't add up because the NFL is the highest level of football there is, so the scouts there would compare to professional waiters in 5 star restaurants, not the obnoxious assholes at Applebees, or the nice older lady at Denny's.

That's what gets me when you guys honestly think you know more about grading players than they do- these guys are at the top of their profession- the best of the best. None of you have any experience in the industry. It's the equivalent of me telling you that I can do your job much better than you because I watch a TV show about it- that's exactly what you're doing here...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.) You're aware that Millen was the GM, not a scout, correct? Also that he was notorious for ignoring his personnel people and drafting by his gut feeling? I'm guessing the answer is "no" you did not know that, since we're talking about scouting, and you're talking about the worst GM in the history of the league.

B.) Talking about waiters you know is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Comparing waiters you know to NFL scouts doesn't add up because the NFL is the highest level of football there is, so the scouts there would compare to professional waiters in 5 star restaurants, not the obnoxious assholes at Applebees, or the nice older lady at Denny's.

That's what gets me when you guys honestly think you know more about grading players than they do- these guys are at the top of their profession- the best of the best. None of you have any experience in the industry. It's the equivalent of me telling you that I can do your job much better than you because I watch a TV show about it- that's exactly what you're doing here...

So with this logic, every time we pick a guy up off waivers FA or draft and you say "It's a good addition" We can surmise you don't know shit either then.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP

In one breath you say the punter is a great pick but in another you wish we drafted a safety.
We could of had Bacarri Rambo (plus range and also a proven play maker in colleges toughest conference) over a punter who could of been had in the 7th round/UFA.

Was it a great pick or wasn't it? :lol:
I didn't say I wish we'd drafted a safety instead of Martin. We actually had more than just that 5th round pick to use, fyi.

You keep mentioning Rambo, but he slid as far as he did for a reason. If he was as talented as you keep suggesting he would have went much higher than he did.

And you can bs all you want and pretend that you know something that's impossible to know, but the reality is that you have no way (whatsoever, despite your deep connections within the NFL scouting community) of knowing that we could have had him in the 7th.

As far as I'm concerned you made the posts you did to be a dissenter and rile up the people here who actually like the team. Mission accomplished, no stop trying to act innocent like you didn't know exactly what you were up to.

If you guys knew 1/4 of the crap you like to act like you know you'd all be making seven figure salaries running an NFL team. As it is none of you have even had so much as an entry-level personnel job in the NFL. What does that tell you?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the long story short is this:

You can argue the "he said, she said" bullshit all you want and tell me that you're just giving your opinion, balh, blah, blah, but the bottom line for me is that when someone comes on here talking shit about our team and/or players they're going to get an unpleasant response from me, simple as that.

Usually that kind of trash talk is reserved for rival fans, which is fine, but it seems to get me twice as pissed when it comes from our own "fans." I guess not everyone is well-adjusted in life and they can't handle supporting a traditionally losing team, so they have to lash out, but that's not me, and I don't tolerate those types very well at all...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with this logic, every time we pick a guy up off waivers FA or draft and you say "It's a good addition" We can surmise you don't know shit either then.

I'd actually have a bit of respect for your attempts to debate if you could refer to specific examples, rather than vague generalizations. But then again, when you don't have a leg to stand on you have to rely on vague generalizations that you know can't be proven false and therefore give you a (albeit pathetic) lifeline to grasp on to. Common tactic when one is in over their head.

When we pick up a guy off waivers, free agency, or the draft, I immediately do as much research (I know, that an acedemic "behind a desk" thing, so you have no tolerance or respect for it because heaven forbid anybody actually learns something that way) as I can on them because I want to know what they're all about and why we picked them up.

It cracks me up when I say, in those posts you're referring to, that most of them are no more than camp fodder being brought in just because of the new 90 man roster cap in the offseason, yet I'm the one who skims posts for the things I don't like... funny how these double standards always seem to work in your favor.

If I know shit about a player it's because I bothered to look it up and read about him from the professionals who have worked with him in a football setting. I know that's not as precise as your method of seemingly looking at where he went to school, who he got cut by and then making the decision that he sucks without ever learning anything else about him...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever get tired of my positive shit
I'll let you know when that happens. Knowing your old cranky ass, I won't hold my breath.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually have a bit of respect for your attempts to debate if you could refer to specific examples, rather than vague generalizations. But then again, when you don't have a leg to stand on you have to rely on vague generalizations that you know can't be proven false and therefore give you a (albeit pathetic) lifeline to grasp on to. Common tactic when one is in over their head.

When we pick up a guy off waivers, free agency, or the draft, I immediately do as much research (I know, that an acedemic "behind a desk" thing, so you have no tolerance or respect for it because heaven forbid anybody actually learns something that way) as I can on them because I want to know what they're all about and why we picked them up.

You have said it yourself.....None of us hold a job on the Lions or even in the smallest capacity of pro football including personnel. So all your research means shit. Therefore your opinion means shit. Nice to know you are here though.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when someone comes on here talking shit about our team and/or players they're going to get an unpleasant response from me, simple as that.

It's cool if fans wanna talk badly about the players. Some are actually worthy of that. But when it's about pretty much the entire team, FA pickup, draft pick, coach, front office, scout, etc., its gets pathetic. Saying you watched two YouTube videos on a guy and the saying you don't like him is laughable at best.

I'm not saying we have the video that scouts do, but surely you can find other and more methods to judge a player? Those are the things I'll "pick apart". When an opinion so uninformed gets laid out there(kinda like your hatred for Backus off one play by Peppers). Next time do some actual research. The maybe we'll agree. And if not, atleast you'll be informed.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies to all the board members here (even the ones I'm arguing with) for turning this thread into a battle roy-al.

Like I said, I just can't handle our own fans trash-talking our players who don't deserve it.

Normally I like your posts just fine thndr, but it's the unprovoked shots at Leshoure and Levy, two solid, if unspectacular players, that I just couldn't let slide.

We disagree on the punter thing, but that's at least a legitimate debate....