• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP -- if you haven't noticed -- the only person coming to your side is you. You keep talking about everyone on the board, yet who are all these people? Or as the "Board President" -- do you do all the talking for everyone?

You must be blocking out their comments just like you do to anything else that threatens the alternate reality you've built up for yourself. Those kind of comments must be hard to process when you've managed to convince yourself that you're always right, evidence to the contrary be damned! That really is an impressive skill...

I think the part that you're missing out on is that most of us here are actually friends. We hang out and do stuff outside of the message board. When we discuss the board, which happens a lot because that's how we all met, you're name comes up a lot, along with a general disdain for your condescending attitude towards those of us who aren't "yes men" when you give an opinion on something...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beaver Cleaver there is the only poster I ever put on an ignore list. I can deal with stubborness, egotism, even a closed mind, but I can't deal with stupidity.

Wow im hurt. Ive never even heard of this guy before........aww my feelings are hurt.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony in that statement is striking. This whole thing started because I didn't like thndr's comments and told him about it, which apparently got you all butt-hurt because you felt the need to jump in with your $.02 at that point.

I'd point out that this is another example of the pot (that's you) calling the kettle (me) black, but you'd just spin that in your head as me being wrong because you're just too much smarter than the rest of us...

Bag of dicks? Butt hurt? Douche? Where the fuck do some of you people come from? Sound like a zit faced 12 yr old.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I do agree with you that the LB unit is the weakness of the defense, but just how weak remains to be seen. With a good pass rush and a good secondary we can get by with average LB play, imo.

But with Two guys unproven on the DE outisde, How can you say a "with a good pass rush and secondary we can get by with average LB play?"

We have Quinn adjusting to a new scheme, Slay a rookie and Delmas with his injury history and it's a good secondary? Maybe, maybe not.

I think there are a lot of maybes here. I also think it only takes one or two maybes to wreck a season.

Don't get me started on the Maybes on the O-line. So that's why I have the Lions at 7-9. Tons of talent, but way too many maybes.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debate we're having.

With the exception of the 2 or 3 guys on here who took your side pretty much everyone else knows you're a condescending jerk. But you've built yourself such a cocky mental barrier that you're somehow able to block out the obvious and continue to fool yourself into believing that you really are right...

What? All i seen is the fog guy and micro who came to your aid. I seen muzzer, mike, thunder and me on the other side.

Im not caring about the past, but truthfully i wouldnt mind seeing who really thinks is the cause of all this....

Was thunders original post that offensive to be called a troll or douche and take 20 plus pages.

Wow wouldnt it be fun to all meet up before a game and finish the debate in person pregame style?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering......TP do the lions have any weaknesses? If so who?

Vader

Not Quite Evil Enough
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody answered me when I ask if this was the dumbest thread ever. If there was one better than this can someone give me the cliff notes version of what it was?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you special in a special corky way?

Oh boy, we seem to have ourselves a late challenger to TrustMe for that most ironic statement award.

Where am i adding anything or claiming you did? Do you know what this is----> ?

First you gave me 13-3 and now it's up to 14-2, despite none of those numbers ever coming from me.

sorry i dont follow your every post. I never heard how many you said we would win.
You wouldn't have to follow "every post" as I reiterated right after your 13-3 that you assigned me that I had already predicted 9-7 on Muzzer's thread.

So nice try in trying to pin that on me being a dick, or whatever, but it's not my fault you can't be bothered to read the follow-ups to your posts. Perhaps if I find the crayola font you'll find them easier?

but you prolly think hes better than wayne fontes.
See, there you go again assigning me more things that just aren't true. I'm easily among the biggest Schwartz haters out there, but you wouldn't know that because you'd rather use your time spewing trash rather than reading what others think...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow im hurt. Ive never even heard of this guy before........aww my feelings are hurt.
That says a lot since he's been a regular for years and posts far more than you do.

I like how you say that- "Ive never even heard of this guy before"- like it means anything to anyone. I'm sure Tex is crushed... lol

Fish in a barrel, Tex. Fish in a barrel I tell ya.

Kids these days...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the part that you're missing out on is that most of us here are actually friends. We hang out and do stuff outside of the message board. When we discuss the board, which happens a lot because that's how we all met, you're name comes up a lot, along with a general disdain for your condescending attitude towards those of us who aren't "yes men" when you give an opinion on something...

Let me get this straight -- when you get together with 'your friends' from the internet chat room -- you guys actually talk about the internet chat room and people who are in it?

Please don't ever use the word pathetic again, unless you are talking about yourself. That is just sad. I can promise you -- I have never and will never utter your name in my actual life, nor do I give you a second thought. I'm flattered though that you think about me outside of this board. Unfortunately -- I don't bat for that team.

Vader

Not Quite Evil Enough
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow wouldnt it be fun to all meet up before a game and finish the debate in person pregame style?

This thread was stupid enough before but are you really suggesting some sort of high school rumble with that comment? I haven't taken a side or voiced an opinion one way or the other but that comment is so straight up stupid its ridiculous. If I read that wrong then I'm sorry for this post. But if I read it correctly you're a damn moron. I don't know why I keep coming back to read this thread. The stupidity it includes is amazing.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bag of dicks? Butt hurt? Douche? Where the fuck do some of you people come from? Sound like a zit faced 12 yr old.
I'm sorry my vernacular offends your ultra-refined senses.

From nows on imma gonna trya post more like u does then. :laugh3:

I can't believe someone who beats up the English language the way you do would have the nerve to question the words anyone else uses.

You've got to be fucking kidding me, funniest post I've ever read, and the fact that it's unintentional makes it that much better! :laugh3: :yahoo:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, there you go again assigning me more things that just aren't true. I'm easily among the biggest Schwartz haters out there, but you wouldn't know that because you'd rather use your time spewing trash rather than reading what others think...

I want to see how smitty feels about this.

TP hating on Schwartz.

Smitty loving Schwartz.

I think Scheffler Would get his ass kicked by Schwartz, But Pettigrew would kick both their asses.

This is a two round fight boys, no cheap shots....You've been instructed in the locker room. LET'S GET IT ON!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with Two guys unproven on the DE outisde, How can you say a "with a good pass rush and secondary we can get by with average LB play?"

We have Quinn adjusting to a new scheme, Slay a rookie and Delmas with his injury history and it's a good secondary? Maybe, maybe not.

I think there are a lot of maybes here. I also think it only takes one or two maybes to wreck a season.

Don't get me started on the Maybes on the O-line. So that's why I have the Lions at 7-9. Tons of talent, but way too many maybes.

I feel ya.

That's why I went with 9-7, which tells me we're only one or two maybes apart.

I don't think all these maybes come up heads, if they do we're looking at 12 wins or so. But if we get a few surprises out of some of these kids we're in good shape.

Like I said, we're only two wins apart on what we see happening here, so I'd say that's pretty damn good. If we can split the difference and go 8-8 I'm a happy camper because we're a young team and we'll only get better from there.

Don't think when I talk about the possibilities of some of these raw position groups doing well that I'm not being realistic though. I realize that we'll have issues with all of the new parts, it's just that some of those parts are much more talented than what they're replacing. This year will be more about a lack of experience than a lack of talent, imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see how smitty feels about this.

TP hating on Schwartz.

Smitty loving Schwartz.

I think Scheffler Would get his ass kicked by Schwartz, But Pettigrew would kick both their asses.

This is a two round fight boys, no cheap shots....You've been instructed in the locker room. LET'S GET IT ON!

Smitty and I have gone round and round about Schwartz... We are at opposite ends on that one for sure, lol.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem there is you have about 15 or so guys who'd love to give you a piece of their mind over the way you treat the other posters on here and like to act all hard, but non of us much want to miss our yearly home opener because we're sitting in a jail cell for fighting with your big goofy ass.

And with your "street" language you like to use on here I don't think you want any part of a jail cell in Detroit, if you catch my drift...

Very classy, though, resorting to physical threats since you're not faring so well using words...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya.

That's why I went with 9-7, which tells me we're only one or two maybes apart.

I don't think all these maybes come up heads, if they do we're looking at 12 wins or so. But if we get a few surprises out of some of these kids we're in good shape.

Like I said, we're only two wins apart on what we see happening here, so I'd say that's pretty damn good. If we can split the difference and go 8-8 I'm a happy camper because we're a young team and we'll only get better from there.

That's your positive spin, if those maybes go the opposite way were looking at 5-11 or back to 4-12.

I respect your prediction. You gave 9-7, I can easily see that. I hope you are more right then me. I predicted 7-9.

8-8 might be the safest choice...

Now go look at what the rest think at my prediction thread......Just a FYI, I'm not very optimistic with my 7-9 prediction. (no secret there)

Just remember this is a Lions board, if we start the same thread on other teams boards you might not like what you see.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering......TP do the lions have any weaknesses? If so who?
I think we have a lot more questions than we do weaknesses. And your crew seems to want to label all said question marks as weaknesses, which is frustrating. We haven't even seen these guys take the field and you're already calling them weaknesses.

Weaknesses:
Dom Riaola at center- too small and weak to hold up in today's NFL.
Pass-Covering LB- Tully is good in coverage and Levy decent, but I'd love a long, lanky OLB who can run with TEs in coverage.
Coaching- specifically head coach, Jim Schwartz just isn't a good one, imo.

Questions:
OLB- who will the 3rd one be and how will he do?
DE- how quickly will Ansah and Taylor catch on? Can Willie Young bounce back?
O-line- how well to the new guys do and how fast can they gel as a unit?

Those are my biggest concerns. Now if you're prone to counting your chickens before they hatch like you guys are then it's easy to write off all the questions as holes on the team, but I'm not as pessimistic as you are, so I'm going to be all crazy and wait and see what we have before writing them off like you...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or as the "Board President" -- do you do all the talking for everyone?

That's the second time you've mentioned that "Board President" thing, and it makes me happy to know it's bothering you. :nod:

What's funny is that I put it up in response to your new screen name. You did it as a joke because you said that's what we all think of you, but the irony is that it couldn't be any more fitting. You do think you're always right, so it's perfect.

One of the guys on facebook, who didn't know you're story, actually made the comment that you have the most fitting screen name out of anyone on the board. But go ahead and keep thinking that it's all of us and not you that is the real problem. Seems to have worked pretty well for you so far.

You really should have quit a while ago like I said. You're support is dwindling- Muzzer and I have moved onto discussing other Lions issues and Cleaves is, well he's Cleaves. Thndr and I will be fine like we always are, we seem to do this once or twice a year and then we're all good. So that just leaves you and that hole you just can't seem to stop digging...