• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's the main issue right there.

You act like this is some sort of think-tank where people who actually matter are soliciting your opinions on how to best fix the Lions.

It's annoying, because the rest of us want to discuss a much wider range f Lions related topics, but whenever we do you jam your opinion down our throats. And what I mean by that is that you will post the same thing over, and over, and over, and you're the most cyclical, predictable poster I've ever seen. You'll disagree with someone's opinion, post why you think so, then ask (always in a condescending fashion with some "lols" in there to let everyone know this opinion that doesn't mesh with yours is laughably stupid to you) why they feel they way they do. When they answer you circle right back to the begging, tell them you disagree, tell them why you think so, and then keep repeating the whole process. It's fucking ridiculous.

You say there's no reason to discuss the positives, but I'll gladly counter that there's no reason to be discussing the negatives, as we're all powerless to fix any of them. I'll say that again in hopes it eventually sinks in- YOU ARE 100% POWERLESS in regards to changing a single thing you don't like about the Lions. We all are- so what's the point in whining to us about the things you don't like about the Lions?

Your attitude sucks, plain and simple. I'm sure it's not the first time you've heard that, and I'm certainly not the only one who thinks so. I do, however have enough time and the lack of patience for people like you to let you know about it. If you don't like it, stop trying to be the board's designated douchebag...

Don't have a lot of time -- Wife will be home with the baby in a few minutes. Just curious where fans should talk about the problems with the team if a Detroit Lions discussion board isn't the place? The problems with the team is what made them 4-12. And using your logic -- there should be absolutely no discussions what so ever about the Lions personnel, coach decisions, play calling, draft picks or anything else that has to do with the team because as you put it -- WE ARE 100% POWERLESS.

Since you are the Board President -- I nominate you to get ahold of the moderator and remove every thread with the exception of the fantasy football and opening game threads.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1998 5-11-0 .313 4-4-0 1-7-0 4th NFC Central
1999 8-8-0 .500 6-2-0 2-6-0 3rd NFC Central
2000 9-7-0 .563 4-4-0 5-3-0 4th NFC Central
2001 2-14-0 .125 2-6-0 0-8-0 5th NFC Central
2002 3-13-0 .188 3-5-0 0-8-0 4th NFC North
2003 5-11-0 .313 5-3-0 0-8-0 4th NFC North
2004 6-10-0 .375 3-5-0 3-5-0 3rd NFC North
2005 5-11-0 .313 3-5-0 2-6-0 3rd NFC North
2006 3-13-0 .188 2-6-0 1-7-0 4th NFC North
2007 7-9-0 .436 5-3-0 2-6-0 3rd NFC North
2008 0-16-0 .000 0-8-0 0-8-0 4th NFC North
2009-2012 they went 22-42. :wtf:

Don't know about you, but I would take MikeD or Cleaves opinion about scouting talent over "these professionals."
To say "everything is great", "every player is solid" and " the fans know NOTHING because we don't get paid to scout and they do" is straight up delusional.

I think you're slipping there Crazyhorse. Kreton wrote that post you're quoting there not me, yet you're atticking him with rebuttals to stuff I said. (well, sort of stuff I said... your bastardized version of what I said, we'll go with that).

If you want to take the opinion of two jaded amateur dudes over that of NFL professionals, be my guest. Just don't try to use them as "credible" sources.

Also, all those records you put up there of the last 15 years aren't pertinent to current management. 2009 onward is. The record sucks (consequently I think Schwartz isn't the right man for the job), but our talent level has improved dramatically since the end of the Millen era. So those numbers from 1998 to 2008 don't bring anything to the argument at hand.

I also like how you quoted me, literally, as saying "everything is great" and "every player is solid", even though you'll find no record of me saying either thing. That seems to be a common tactic for you guys- putting words in my mouth because you have a hard time refuting what I actually post. That's by design on my part, I chose my words carefully and only make arguments that I can back up with supporting information. When you guys get flustered and start making up things I said, that only tells me that you've got nothing left in the tank and you're reaching for anything you can. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (or maybe it's the weed doing that, I can't be sure :smokin:)

Also, I absolutely never said that the fans no "NOTHING", not by a long shot. However I had no problem pointing out the flaws of someone's argument who suggested that they could run the draft better than the lifetime professionals paid to do so. But thanks for putting even more words in my mouth, just let's me know how far ahead in this debate I'm getting... :nod:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn the Phrase Raburn sucks!!!!! then back it up with "That's a fact"....It looks like this.

Raburn Sucks! That's a fact.....

No one can disprove that.

:lol:

This is indeed true. No one can, or would try, to disprove that... (at least I'd hope not, he really does suck)...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is indeed true. No one can, or would try, to disprove that... (at least I'd hope not, he really does suck)...

It works the same for Peterman and Raiola......

Peterman and Raiola Suck! That's a fact!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a lot of time -- Wife will be home with the baby in a few minutes. Just curious where fans should talk about the problems with the team if a Detroit Lions discussion board isn't the place?

You crack me up when you try to act like you're sooooo much smarter that the rest of us when you try to twist words around like this.

I just used your own logic against you- you said we shouldn't talk about the positives (no, really, you actually said that- and you still wonder why everyone on here argues with you?) and I countered with why we shouldn't talk about the negatives.

Unlike you, I think everyone on here should be free to discuss what they want. If some posters (me, generally, but not exclusively) don't like what some of you have to say, it's our prerogative to share our opinions (I know, I know... that's your side's word) on the matter. But the fact is we should all be able to discuss and debate whatever we want on here, regardless of how much it bothers you.

I'll leave this one with some of your own medicine:

Just curious where fans should talk about the positives with the team if a Detroit Lions discussion board isn't the place? :clap:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems with the team is what made them 4-12. And using your logic -- there should be absolutely no discussions what so ever about the Lions personnel, coach decisions, play calling, draft picks or anything else that has to do with the team because as you put it -- WE ARE 100% POWERLESS.

There you go again making up crap I supposedly said.

I never (quite the opposite, in fact) said there shouldn't be discussions about negative stuff. I did point out when you were using the whole "need for change, power to the whiners" argument as a crutch for your constant negativity that it was a sorry-ass excuse because no amount of your pissy attitude will ever make any of the changes you seek. Maybe that works with your wife because she gets tired of dealing with it and just gives in, but the Lions brass couldn't give two shits as to what you think

Since you are the Board President -- I nominate you to get ahold of the moderator and remove every thread with the exception of the fantasy football and opening game threads.

And since you've decided to become the Board Douchebag I nominate you to go eat a bag of dicks and stop wasting all our time. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since you've decided to become the Board Douchebag I nominate you to go eat a bag of dicks and stop wasting all our time. :suds:

Would this be the same bag of dicks that Avril sucked on? I like to get my facts straight.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It works the same for Peterman and Raiola......

Peterman and Raiola Suck! That's a fact!

Won't argue that, either. Glad Peterman isn't our problem any more.

I wouldn't be so harsh on Dom if it weren't for that shitty attitude of his. He's a very, very smart center with great line calls and surprisingly correct technique. However he has incredibly short arms and isn't big or powerful in the least.

He's servicable, and if he just brought his lunch pail, worked hard and kept his head down and shut the hell up I'd be fine with him. But he's got that shitty, in-your-face attitude that just gets under your skin.

I feel like if you're known for getting pancaked backwards onto your QB you probably should try to get better and stay under the radar. That's my $.02 on Raiola anywho...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would this be the same bag of dicks that Avril sucked on? I like to get my facts straight.
Sure, why not. They're not being used now that he's gone, unless he took them to Seattle with him.

Although with as cocky as that fan base has rapidly become (too much contact with 49er fans, imo) they probably have lots of bags of dicks for Cliffy to eat...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, why not. They're not being used now that he's gone, unless he took them to Seattle with him.

Although with as cocky as that fan base has rapidly become (too much contact with 49er fans, imo) they probably have lots of bags of dicks for Cliffy to eat...

I will defend and take a shot at Cliff, Seattle and Detroit in one short rant.

Cliff sucks (sucked) so bad that Seattle hired him to be 2nd String. That's right.

Cliff is a backup on Seattle. He will be behind Irvin and Clemons once Clemons recovers from his injury and Irvin serves his suspension.

So just put that into the thought process. He wasn't hired to be a starter in Seattle. He was hired to help out while the other two issues were resolved.

That's how bad he was on the Lions. He will be a back up on Seahawks or situational player after week 5......

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will defend and take a shot at Cliff, Seattle and Detroit in one short rant.

Cliff sucks (sucked) so bad that Seattle hired him to be 2nd String. That's right.

Cliff is a backup on Seattle. He will be behind Irvin and Clemons once Clemons recovers from his injury and Irvin serves his suspension.

So just put that into the thought process. He wasn't hired to be a starter in Seattle. He was hired to help out while the other two issues were resolved.

That's how bad he was on the Lions. He will be a back up on Seahawks or situational player after week 5......

Yep, he, Clemons and Irvin are basically the same player, and Avril is now thier back-up (isn't Red Bryant technically a "starter" over Irving, who only comes in on passing downs?)

Now that being said, Seattle is in good shape at DE with Avril, Irving and Michael Bennet backing up Clemons and Bryant. That's a deep group.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he, Clemons and Irvin are basically the same player, and Avril is now thier back-up (isn't Red Bryant technically a "starter" over Irving, who only comes in on passing downs?)

Now that being said, Seattle is in good shape at DE with Avril, Irving and Michael Bennet backing up Clemons and Bryant. That's a deep group.

That's to be yet decided, Seattle can go unconventional. It's safe to say Cliff will fight for playing time with the other 4.

But for at least the first 4 weeks he should see lots of playing time.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's to be yet decided, Seattle can go unconventional. It's safe to say Cliff will fight for playing time with the other 4.

But for at least the first 4 weeks he should see lots of playing time.

I suppose you could make the argument that with that "Leo" DE they use it's basically a modified 3-4. They certainly don't run a traditional 4-3.

They do seem to love collecting under-sized speedy pass rushers though. Out of Clemons, Irving and Avril, Cliffy is actually the biggest one of that group.

Apparently they like their DBs huge and their DEs tiny...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again they play Red Bryant at DE and he's 323 lbs, so who knows what the fuck they're doing?

I like it, gives them a huge disparity in their defensive sub packages. They can go small and fast, big and strong, 4-3, 3-4. Has to be the most versatile defense in the league, imo...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the fact is we should all be able to discuss and debate whatever we want on here, regardless of how much it bothers you.

TP -- have you figured out yet, that the only one with a problem is you. No one else on this board gets their vagina hurt if someone posts something negative about a player. It is always you who comes on here to argue with the person.

I would almost be willing to wager -- half the time these people post crap about Lions players being terrible, they are only doing so to get a rise out of you. It is hilarious reading you trying to defend a player against someone else's opinion. I'm guessing no player on the Lions is going to lose any sleep if someone on here says they suck.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose you could make the argument that with that "Leo" DE they use it's basically a modified 3-4. They certainly don't run a traditional 4-3.

They do seem to love collecting under-sized speedy pass rushers though. Out of Clemons, Irving and Avril, Cliffy is actually the biggest one of that group.

Apparently they like their DBs huge and their DEs tiny...

They do like it that way, and trying everyday to get big fat beefy guys inside. It's a passing league, Whether it's 60 yards down field catching a pass or -3 yards out the backfield taking it for 10 to 20 yards. Speed on the outside, big fat and slow on the inside. Aggressive and big in the secondary.

Pete Carroll is just years ahead of what the Lions are doing with less time. That doesn't please me. Quite frankly it frustrates and even angers me.

I think we are on the right track, but still lagging.

Sure we have tons of talent on this team, at some point it comes down to how you use it....Scheme.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP -- have you figured out yet, that the only one with a problem is you.

That's not true at all.

There's a pretty good number of people on here who can't stand your condescending attitude. Continue to delude yourself all you want, but those is the facts...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since you've decided to become the Board Douchebag I nominate you to go eat a bag of dicks and stop wasting all our time

Should I go into my profile and put 'Board Douchebag', so I can be just like you. As far as 'eating a bag of dicks' -- I'm not sure how you guys roll in the U.P., but I think I'll pass.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true at all.

There's a pretty good number of people on here who can't stand your condescending attitude. Continue to delude yourself all you want, but those is the facts...

YOU are the only one on here who gets your vagina hurt if someone says something negative about a Lion. You actually took time out of your day to get upset at someone for typing LeSuck. Then you start getting personal, instead of having a regular debate like two intelligent people should be able to.

The majority of the orignal post in this thread was positive, yet you turn it into this huge ordeal when everything isn't positive. I hate to ask again, but, did you notice the team finished 4-12 last year? There is a lot to be negative about.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would almost be willing to wager -- half the time these people post crap about Lions players being terrible, they are only doing so to get a rise out of you.

I'd be willing to wager that you're correct and you do indeed do that a lot; you're pretty pathetic like that.

Your "should we sign Hernandez" thread is a great example. Luckily I saw through your childish bs, as usual, and chose not to give you the satisfaction of posting on there. How much did it bother you sitting there waiting for my post that never came? Obviously you won't admit to it, be we all know it's true... :whistle: