• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU are the only one on here who gets your vagina hurt if someone says something negative about a Lion.

Uh-oh, somebody is getting pissy! Capital letters and repeating the same line you just used a post ago? Watch out for this guy! lol

Stop arguing with me and go play with your kid. You have better things to do with your life than to keep trying to fight this losing argument. With your reputation around here this fight was over for you before it even started.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to wager that you do that a lot too, you're pretty pathetic like that.

Your "should we sign Hernandez" thread is a great example. Luckily I saw through your childish bs, as usual, and chose not to give you the satisfaction of posting on there. How much did it bother you sitting there waiting for my post that never came? Obviously you won't admit to it, be we all know it's true..

Do people in the U.P. have a sense of humor? IT WAS A JOKE, so exactly what was the Hernandez thread be a great example of?

I guess I need to type dripping with sarcasm, next time I put up a post about picking up a TE who was released after being charged with murder. WOW.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again they play Red Bryant at DE and he's 323 lbs, so who knows what the fuck they're doing?

I like it, gives them a huge disparity in their defensive sub packages. They can go small and fast, big and strong, 4-3, 3-4. Has to be the most versatile defense in the league, imo...

Now your getting it. We get beat a lot because were stuck in molasses and can't make adjustments because our roster doesn't allow it, or the scheme doesn't allow it.

Seattle can go big and beefy, or small and quick. It's always going to be a match up game. Seattle right now can give better options at matching up.

The Lions are trying to get there, but still lack the players to match up at certain places....We are going to get chewed apart at the 2nd tier. TE's are going to eat our LB core up.

Again I don't like it, but we didn't address it, so how are we better? I still have us at 7-9.

I will bump my thread for the Lions season prediction for some of the guys that havn't gotten in yet.

You can always adjust your pick on my thread till opening day opening kickoff.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I need to type dripping with sarcasm, next time I put up a post about picking up a TE who was released after being charged with murder. WOW.

You probably should. It pretty much falls in line with the rest of your knowledge.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that I can finally start a thread, I wanted to share my optimism about how the draft played out.

1) Ansah- The guy I wanted them to draft all along, Dee Milliner a strong second. DE's with that kind of size and natural ability don't come along often. He plays a lot like JJ Watt, if he doesn't get there, he will get his hands up. Avril or KVB NEVER did that.

2) Slay- Kind of flew under the radar but is a quick twitch athlete. Our CB position should be set for a few seasons.

3) Warford- Gigantic upgrade over Peterbum. Guy was an all SEC selection 2 years in a row.

4)D. Taylor- Not very athletic but has great length. Hopefully he gets coached on technique and can become a quality backup.

5) Punter- Straight up Millen pick.

6) Fuller,Riddick,Hepburn and Williams- All these guys should fight for spots on the bottom of the roster. All intriguing in their own way but wouldn't surprise me if any of these guys don't make the team.

Overall this draft should help get us into contention for the next few seasons. However, I feel we are one more draft away from contending for a super bowl. We need more talented players in the LB core to field a championship type defense.OL,#2WR and an impact TE are needed as well.

2013 prediction- 7-9. Schwartz and staff will be fired. Cowher or some big name coach will be hired. Pick #17 will be C.J Mosley-LB ALA.

2014- NFC championship/Super Bowl appearance.

Here is RollingThunder's post to start this thread. Now let's see what TP has to say less than 1 page into the thread.

And how does this "block poster" feature work? I think I've found my first one I'm actually going to have to block.

I thought I actually missed rollingthndr, but apparently his goal is to be nothing but negative about the Lions now that he's on this site.

I can't understand how so many of our own "fans" get so much enjoyment out of trolling like this. Yes, people respond a lot when you type garbage about our team, but it's our of annoyance/anger, not because they respect your opinion and want to discuss it.

So Rolling Thunder liked pretty much every pick but the 4th and 5th round and predicted the Lions would make the Super Bowl next year, yet TP wants to block him because he has nothing but negative things to say about the Lions.

You are a disaster TP. Have you figured out yet why YOU are the one responsible for turning this thread into a pissing match?!? My guess is you still don't get it though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU are the only one on here who gets your vagina hurt if someone says something negative about a Lion.

The irony in that statement is striking. This whole thing started because I didn't like thndr's comments and told him about it, which apparently got you all butt-hurt because you felt the need to jump in with your $.02 at that point.

I'd point out that this is another example of the pot (that's you) calling the kettle (me) black, but you'd just spin that in your head as me being wrong because you're just too much smarter than the rest of us...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people in the U.P. have a sense of humor? IT WAS A JOKE, so exactly what was the Hernandez thread be a great example of?

Joke my ass.

You were in your 12 year old girl, fishing for nasty comments mode because you were mad about getting owned on this thread.

I'm not the only one who noticed, either. I don't know the types you usually surround yourself with, and if they buy the bs you throw around so much, but we sure seem to see right through it around here...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now your getting it. We get beat a lot because were stuck in molasses and can't make adjustments because our roster doesn't allow it, or the scheme doesn't allow it.

Seattle can go big and beefy, or small and quick. It's always going to be a match up game. Seattle right now can give better options at matching up.

The Lions are trying to get there, but still lack the players to match up at certain places....We are going to get chewed apart at the 2nd tier. TE's are going to eat our LB core up.

Again I don't like it, but we didn't address it, so how are we better? I still have us at 7-9.

I will bump my thread for the Lions season prediction for some of the guys that havn't gotten in yet.

You can always adjust your pick on my thread till opening day opening kickoff.

I don't think our personnel is the issue nearly as much as our coaching is. I've never seen a coach who can't make halftime adjustments the way Schwartz can't. It's like he scripts the entire game, every single call, and doesn't waiver from those calls no matter what...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joke my ass.

You were in your 12 year old girl, fishing for nasty comments mode because you were mad about getting owned on this thread.

I'm not the only one who noticed, either. I don't know the types you usually surround yourself with, and if they buy the bs you throw around so much, but we sure seem to see right through it around here...

"getting owned"?!? getting owned at what? you are the one who made yourself look like an idiot jumping all over a guy who put up a post complimenting the Lions on pretty much every pick with the exception of Taylor and Martin.

the guy even makes the prediction that the lions will represent the NFC in the super bowl in 2014, yet you put up a pompous post saying you want to block him because all he posts is negative points.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for our LBs in the passing game, I think we'll be just fine.

Tulloch is good in coverage, Levy is adequate and whomever wins the 3rd spot will be an upgrade over Durant, who couldn't cover a twin mattress with a king-sized comforter.

It won't be a strength of ours, but I don't see it being a liability either...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"getting owned"?!? getting owned at what?
This debate we're having.

With the exception of the 2 or 3 guys on here who took your side pretty much everyone else knows you're a condescending jerk. But you've built yourself such a cocky mental barrier that you're somehow able to block out the obvious and continue to fool yourself into believing that you really are right...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for our LBs in the passing game, I think we'll be just fine.

Tulloch is good in coverage, Levy is adequate and whomever wins the 3rd spot will be an upgrade over Durant, who couldn't cover a twin mattress with a king-sized comforter.

It won't be a strength of ours, but I don't see it being a liability either...

Fair enough. But if that is my observation of our LB core and many others have stated it's our weekness as well.

I'm pretty sure the other team knows it as well. So when they game plan. They will be looking for that 3 to 8 yard gain where we lack.

They will attack it often. We don't make adjustments. You said it yourself a few posts ago. So that leaves us with a big problem.

Now we have to bring Quinn, Delmas (if he plays) closer to line of scrimmage only to give up the deep ball.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were as smart as you all want us to think you are you would have stopped long ago.

You're out of your league and don't know how to handle it, and it's showing big time...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the lifetime achievement award for most ironic statement ever written goes to TrustMeIamRight!

Yep -- pretty much what I expected. Avoid what is staring you directly in face and make a poor attempt at humor.

When you come up with a response -- feel free to fill the rest of us in on how Rolling's original post was nothing but negative. Make a point of explaining how his prediction of the Lions getting to the Super Bowl in 2014 was negative, as I can't wait to hear that one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debate we're having.

With the exception of the 2 or 3 guys on here who took your side pretty much everyone else knows you're a condescending jerk. But you've built yourself such a cocky mental barrier that you're somehow able to block out the obvious and continue to fool yourself into believing that you really are right...

TP -- if you haven't noticed -- the only person coming to your side is you. You keep talking about everyone on the board, yet who are all these people? Or as the "Board President" -- do you do all the talking for everyone?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But if that is my observation of our LB core and many others have stated it's our weekness as well.

I'm pretty sure the other team knows it as well. So when they game plan. They will be looking for that 3 to 8 yard gain where we lack.

They will attack it often. We don't make adjustments. You said it yourself a few posts ago. So that leaves us with a big problem.

Now we have to bring Quinn, Delmas (if he plays) closer to line of scrimmage only to give up the deep ball.

I don't think anyone would disagree that our LBs are the weakest unit on our defense. The D-line is strong and the secondary is much-improved.

I think it's just a question of how bad they are. I see one very good LB (tully) and one average one (Levy) with a big unknown at the 3rd spot. Maybe that player comes up heads and we're improved from last year? Maybe not?

What I like about the situation is two-fold:

1.) We have 3 young guys competing for a spot vacated by a player who was really, really bad last year. There's nowhere to go but up in that regard. There's no way all 3 of the guys in that competition are all worse than Durrant was last year, that just can't happen.

2.) It's only a part-time spot on the defense. Even though it's our "base D" with 3 LBs on the field, we use it less than half the snaps on the defense. The #3 CB sees more snaps than the #3 LB does. We need a two down backer who can cover the flat and stuff the run. He won't out there on 3rd and long to give up a long 1st down catch.

My dark horse is Travis Lewis. I think he not only wins the spot, but supplants Levy as the 2nd nickel LB by the end of the season.

So I do agree with you that the LB unit is the weakness of the defense, but just how weak remains to be seen. With a good pass rush and a good secondary we can get by with average LB play, imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep -- pretty much what I expected. Avoid what is staring you directly in face

I stand corrected- the new and improved lifetime achievement award for most ironic statement goes to TrustMe!

And they said it couldn't be done... congrats man, you clearly have lost your grasp on reality when it comes to evaluating yourself interacting with others.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like I've added another game to my total of how many games Cleaves is going to claim I said we'll win.

Good tactic, I guess- can't hold in debate when dealing with reality, so we'll just start making up stuff to try to hijack the discussion...

Are you special in a special corky way? Where am i adding anything or claiming you did? Do you know what this is----> ?

That means i WAS ASKING YOU A QUESTION.

sorry i dont follow your every post. I never heard how many you said we would win. I was asking you if we were going 14-2. I would like to know how good you think the lions will do this year, since were stacked at every position. I agree 100 percent with thunder, the team has talent, but lacks OL and a playmaking LB with speed. Another WR to be able to compliment CJ for a whole year. And special teams......and the mental midget running the team on the sideline screaming and yelling and throwing challenge flags, ready to fight over a hand shake. Just sick of his side show BS. but you prolly think hes better than wayne fontes. Thats sad that in my lifetime wayne fontes is the best the lions have had.