• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want it to come to that. So you guys behave on game day.:yahoo:

Keep it lite fellas.:yahoo:

One or the other... you're not getting both out of this group of yahoos! :what:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess -- next time you get together with your 'internet friends' you are going to talk about this. Oh my -- I needed a good laugh. I apologize it is at your expense, but I can't get over grown men getting together and talking about the internet chat room.

Listen up Assclown, if you weren't such a god damn dolt who gets stuck like an old album with a scratch in it you'd give up this 'Internet friends' bullshit. Let me make this clear, we do not talk about you, we laugh at you, every single time. There is a huge difference.

Oh by the way genius, whose quote is this..........

I'd love to get to meet everyone from the board. I'd think you would see I am actually a Lions fan and much different than the persona many perceive on this board.

Think hard smartass. Got it figured out yet? That's you as the very first person responding to the home opener thread. That is the very group you have tried to portray as pathetic, the same one you were the very first person saying you wanted to be a part of. How's that for pathetic you hypocritical piece of shit?

Here's another statement from you......

Unlike yourself -- I don't need to come on the internet to make friends

Neither did any of us, it just happened that way because of our connection to the Lions. Hey, you are a big fan of repeating yourself over and over again so let me take a page from your book and say it again.......YOU ask to be a part of this "pathetic" group. Come on you little whiny bitch and tell me I'm wrong. That is an absolute fact!!!!! It's right there in print and I encourage everyone to go read the opener thread and see for themselves. You didn't just have one post you had multiple posts.

Did you get that good laugh you referenced in the first quote I posted? Cause I'll guarantee you that everyone else did in reading this, and at your expense. Who's pathetic now boy???? :finger:

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it took me too long to type that post on an Ipad since its basically a duplicate of Micro's.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One or the other... you're not getting both out of this group of yahoos! :what:

Sure I will. It just takes time. 5 year olds can't always have there way much like Parents have to adjust to the 5 year old, parents can't always have there way.

It's just simple mediation.

It's easily done in person, much more difficult typing on a board.

The ones that get along will belong, the ones that leave could never be helped.

Lot's of Lions fans here.

Let's keep it that way. I guarantee this whole thread blew up over something little. Yet I haven't seen a troll here after iffy was kicked.

I just haven't seen a troll here, and maybe that's what is missing.....Instead of the usual troll we are going after each other.

I just see a lot of Lion fans right now with different views.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen bro, I honestly did not put this up here to make fun of you

Just to be clear here, Micro did not put up his post to make fun of you. I on the other hand SPECIFICALLY went out of my way to make fun of you. :finger:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just haven't seen a troll here, and maybe that's what is
missing.....Instead of the usual troll we are going after each
other.
Maybe we need some Bears fan or 49er fan to come over here so we can gang up on his ass?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we need some Bears fan or 49er fan to come over here so we can gang up on his ass?

Sounds better then ganging up on obvious Lion fans and possible new guys to next years tailgate.

Doesn't it?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the part that you're missing out on is that most of us here are actually friends. We hang out and do stuff outside of the message board. When we discuss the board, which happens a lot because that's how we all met, you're name comes up a lot, along with a general disdain for your condescending attitude towards those of us who aren't "yes men" when you give an opinion on something...

Micro,

Yes -- I would have come to meet up with you guys for the home opener and I would have went out of my way to see if I could get deals for drinks or golf or whatever. Not because we are 'friends', but because we are Lions fans. I was even going to offer up my house if someone was on the fence, but because of money, they weren't sure if they could make it.

It wasn't until TP put up the post I quoted that I made the remarks. That is immature teenager BS and he only emphasized it later with other posts about it. Why would I waste my time going to meet random people I don't know other than a screen name when it has been made immediately clear that talking about me is done all the time when you get together.

Of course I embellished it by putting 'internet friends' in quotes and pathetic may have been too strong of a word to use. To me personally though -- this is a board where I come to talk about the Lions. I didn't come here to make friends -- it is a place where like minded people can gather to talk about the team and vent.

The baby just started crying, so I have to go give him a bottle. I'll come back on later to finish.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all get together on Saturday and smoke down. Peace pipe ya'll.

Smoking_native_2.gif

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow

TP, my friend, this entire thread reminds me of a bit of wisdom I picked up long ago:

Never argue with an imbecile. They just drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.

The OL is the Lions' biggest concern in the 2013 season. Two new tackles and a new OG in a part of the game where unit cohesion is critical (witness the 2012 Lions, a top-10 pass blocking unit despite being bottom-10 in talent). I am very nervous about handing the keys to Rieff on Stafford's blind side in his second year.

Drafting a punter at all is stupid, but we should acknowledge that picks after the 4th round are fliers looking for special teamers, depth, or a lucky hit. I guess if the Lions really thought they had a cheap difference maker as opposed to playing a veteran, then what the hell.

I like that we can swear on SportsHoopla. Vagina. Butt-hurt. Cleevetoris.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat Max.

I suppose it's time claim the win and move on to bigger and better... :whistle:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I can finally start a thread, I wanted to share my optimism about how the draft played out.

1) Ansah- The guy I wanted them to draft all along, Dee Milliner a strong second. DE's with that kind of size and natural ability don't come along often. He plays a lot like JJ Watt, if he doesn't get there, he will get his hands up. Avril or KVB NEVER did that.

2) Slay- Kind of flew under the radar but is a quick twitch athlete. Our CB position should be set for a few seasons.

3) Warford- Gigantic upgrade over Peterbum. Guy was an all SEC selection 2 years in a row.

4)D. Taylor- Not very athletic but has great length. Hopefully he gets coached on technique and can become a quality backup.

5) Punter- Straight up Millen pick.

6) Fuller,Riddick,Hepburn and Williams- All these guys should fight for spots on the bottom of the roster. All intriguing in their own way but wouldn't surprise me if any of these guys don't make the team.

Overall this draft should help get us into contention for the next few seasons. However, I feel we are one more draft away from contending for a super bowl. We need more talented players in the LB core to field a championship type defense.OL,#2WR and an impact TE are needed as well.

2013 prediction- 7-9. Schwartz and staff will be fired. Cowher or some big name coach will be hired. Pick #17 will be C.J Mosley-LB ALA.

2014- NFC championship/Super Bowl appearance.
Here is RollingThunder's post to start this thread. Now let's see what TP has to say less than 1 page into the thread.

Quote:
And how does this "block poster" feature work? I think I've found my first one I'm actually going to have to block.

I thought I actually missed rollingthndr, but apparently his goal is to be nothing but negative about the Lions now that he's on this site.

I can't understand how so many of our own "fans" get so much enjoyment out of trolling like this. Yes, people respond a lot when you type garbage about our team, but it's our of annoyance/anger, not because they respect your opinion and want to discuss it.

So Rolling Thunder liked pretty much every pick but the 4th and 5th round and predicted the Lions would make the Super Bowl next year, yet TP wants to block him because he has nothing but negative things to say about the Lions.

Since in your mind, you "won" something -- feel free to answer explain this, since you so conveniently skipped over it when I reminded you, that Rolling isn't responsible for this thread turning into a pissing match.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is RollingThunder's post to start this thread. Now let's see what TP has to say less than 1 page into the thread.

Quote:
And how does this "block poster" feature work? I think I've found my first one I'm actually going to have to block.

So Rolling Thunder liked pretty much every pick but the 4th and 5th round and predicted the Lions would make the Super Bowl next year, yet TP wants to block him because he has nothing but negative things to say about the Lions.

Since in your mind, you "won" something -- feel free to answer explain this, since you so conveniently skipped over it when I reminded you, that Rolling isn't responsible for this thread turning into a pissing match.

Yeah, you already posted that, and nobody responded because I was crystal clear about the things I didn't like in his post(s) (yes, there was more than just the one you're putting up, shocker there) and said exactly why.

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't, either. I know this is tough for you, but you're just a random dude, your precious opinion doesn't carry any more weight here than anyone else's. In fact, due to your constant condescending tactics your opinion carries considerably less weight than most around here. Turns out intelligent adults don't take too well to your stubborn refusal to accept any opinion besides your own.

Long story short is that I took issue with the way thndr said what he had to say, and you got all bent out of shape about it. Once again, because I know you don't process information well, I didn't care for how he said what he said, which is totally my prerogative. You didn't like that I spoke my mind, and since you're the opinion police around here you've spent the last 10+ pages on here trying in vain to fight a losing argument.

It's fruitless man, give it up. You can't toss around your opinion like it's god's gift to the board, and then try to tell me that I can't give mine. That's a bunch of bullshit.

So go ahead and continue to make fun of me for being actual friends with these guys (75% of whom you insulted yesterday), doesn't bother me in the least. They're a bunch of cool dudes whom I'm happy to have met. I think what really bothers you about it is that we have the ability to get along with others and make new friends in a social setting, a skill you sorely lack. Not that you're interested in changing any of that because you clearly believe that you're the shit (for whatever reason), but a bit of humility would probably go a long ways... just sayin'...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, clearly, I didn't block thndr, so you can drop that one. Apparently it's became quite the pet cause of yours... I've already pointed out that he and I will be just fine, this isn't our first spat, won't be our last. I don't always like how he says what he says, and sometimes we butt heads, but in the end he's been around the boards with our group for as long as I can remember and is a dedicated Lions fan.

So he and I are good, I didn't block him, now go ahead and get your panties straighten back out and find something else to be menopausal about...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah

The title of the thread should have been lets be douchnozzles for 20 plus pages and critisize without debate!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That says a lot since he's been a regular for years and posts far more than you do.

I like how you say that- "Ive never even heard of this guy before"- like it means anything to anyone. I'm sure Tex is crushed... lol

Fish in a barrel, Tex. Fish in a barrel I tell ya.

Kids these days...

Sorry never heard of thruthefog til this thread.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was stupid enough before but are you really suggesting some sort of high school rumble with that comment? I haven't taken a side or voiced an opinion one way or the other but that comment is so straight up stupid its ridiculous. If I read that wrong then I'm sorry for this post. But if I read it correctly you're a damn moron. I don't know why I keep coming back to read this thread. The stupidity it includes is amazing.

If anyone thought this was a threat im sorry. Back home before the games started we always called it pregame arguing. Since sundays were pretty much the only day alot of us could get together we would grill, drink, smoke, and argue sports. I figured with so many different opinions it would be fun to see people argue other sports issues as well. Anyone that thought i was calling out someone to meet up and fight at the lion game, im sorry you got that out of my post. I doubt 2 guys who argued on the internet ever met up for a one on one fight in the history of the net.....but oh well

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry my vernacular offends your ultra-refined senses.

From nows on imma gonna trya post more like u does then. :laugh3:

I can't believe someone who beats up the English language the way you do would have the nerve to question the words anyone else uses.

You've got to be fucking kidding me, funniest post I've ever read, and the fact that it's unintentional makes it that much better! :laugh3: :yahoo:

Look at it the way you want....yeah i may say bitch or punk or type "u" instead of you.....i was just referring to the use of genital parts or the use of something a 12 yr old would say like "boobies".....never thought about a bag of dicks before.....might of used douchbag bag in jr high.....dont think i ever used the "butt hurt" actually never heard of that till injun fan shane on the al smack talk board used "butthurt" last week, and caught alot of flack for it.....sorry my vocabulary might not match others on here...just stating i wouldnt had chose those statements. Sorry if your offended...resume talking about dicks, douches, and hurting butts.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem there is you have about 15 or so guys who'd love to give you a piece of their mind over the way you treat the other posters on here and like to act all hard, but non of us much want to miss our yearly home opener because we're sitting in a jail cell for fighting with your big goofy ass.

And with your "street" language you like to use on here I don't think you want any part of a jail cell in Detroit, if you catch my drift...

Very classy, though, resorting to physical threats since you're not faring so well using words...

So theres 15 guys who want to fight me? All at once or one by one? Thats alot of people. I see a handful dont like me...but im cool with smitty, muzzer......never had a problem with mike or thunder.....i like gandydancer.....kreton......rob base.....jdw.....as far as i know so far...i think you......micro...even tho i have tried to squash it with him since we were pretty much arguing about nuthin......thefog.....but he has me on ig, so he cant see anything i post.....and i think vader called me an idiot or moron.....even tho im a huge star wars fan.

Just funny youre telling me 15 guys want to give me a piece of their mind....15? Sounds like a posse ready to lynch me.

Im actually ready for this BS to end. All this because i didnt believe thunder should be called a douche for his opinions that were actually pretty positive.