• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The draft, need and talent line up finally!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should read the thread and see the thread blowing up into a pissing match had NOTHING to do with ME (See I can capitalize words too).

Nothing to do with you jumping all over my comments towards Thndr's comments? Nothing at all?

You're guilty of exactly the same thing you're accusing me of buddy.

Always the victim this guy is...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wil never understand your issue with education Muzz. You seem to feel that all hard work requires physical labor. Educated does not mean lazy.

That being said a degree is just about useless with computers, all kids out there save yourself 30,000 and just get certs!

Vader

Not Quite Evil Enough
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhmmmm, I'm pretty sure I made a statement some time ago about a different thread being one of the dumbest of all time and someone from CBS told me it wasn't even close. Where does this beauty rank?

Of the few parts of this that actually talked about football I happen to be of the opinion that spending a 5th rd pick to get the guy we obviously wanted and feared could be gone before we selected again is a smart choice. An achilles injury takes 2 years to fully recover from so I think Leshoure will be more explosive and agile this year. I question our scouting department but that's not how I made a living and would only be a little better than Millen. There are too many guys who think their opinions are de facto truths and nobody else's opinions merit consideration as anything other than wrong. Usage of chronic is a personal choice and will be legal soon anyway. OJ was guilty, Oswald did not act alone, the Republican Party is in trouble, I was not offended at how the word retarded was used, I am glad I never rode on a bus driven by Muzzer, all the respect in the world to teachers, ditch diggers, rail workers, and everyone who earns a living to provide for the ones who matter. I can't stand baseball, hockey needs more old style fighting, who the heck watches tennis, I am afraid of Mel Kiper's hair, and last night I thought I ate the bones in my KFC. Turns out I didn't so I've got that going for me today and was once blessed by the Dalai Lama after caddying for him.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wil never understand your issue with education Muzz. You seem to feel that all hard work requires physical labor. Educated does not mean lazy.

That being said a degree is just about useless with computers, all kids out there save yourself 30,000 and just get certs!

I guess simply put, I have an education.....I have over 160 credits from 4 different schools. I think it is highly overrated.

I don't put much value into someone that says they have a degree. I just think that is a scapegoat to where there life is going or how they feel about themselves.

(psych minor)

I find that blue collar guys are the most happiest and I tend to live my life that way......But when someone says they have a degree and think they make more or live happier then the everyday blue collar worker, Something is amiss there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with you jumping all over my comments towards Thndr's comments? Nothing at all?

You're guilty of exactly the same thing you're accusing me of buddy.

Always the victim this guy is...

You are such a drama queen -- THIS is jumping down your throat? Which part of my response was jumping down your throat?

Come on TP. The guy gives his opinion and you jump all over and put him down. It isn't as if he is the only person questioning the Lions draft pick in the 5th round. I laughed when I saw the pick. I could understand if they took Ryan Allen from La Tech, as Locke from UCLA was gone -- the guy averaged 48 yards a kick, was a unanimous 1st team all-american and was named the top punter in the NCAA in back to back years.

Martin averaged 40 yards a punt his 1st two years -- wasn't until last year his numbers went up and still weren't in the same ballpark as Ryan Allen. Why not draft the guy named the best punter in the NCAA the last two years and led the NCAA at 48.0 per punt?

And I would guess -- the reason he said no one would have drafted him is -- after Martin -- No punter was drafted. Locke and Martin were the only 2 guys drafted.

With an open spot at Punter -- i'm guessing Detroit would have had a chance to pick from any of the FA punters. That is just a guess though, but it seems that is what these rookies would be looking for -- a chance to come in and make a team immediately.

Spending a 5th rounder on a punter -- it had better be a guy who is going to step in and win the starting job. Not to knock Martin, but outside of one year, he averaged 40.0, 39.7, and 40.8. Is that consistent enough to spend a 5th round pick on?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or was it my follow up post where I jumped all over you?

And just so you don't think -- all I do is post negative comments. I loved the Lions 2nd and 3rd round picks and I think in a couple years, Ansah can be a beast (I just don't see him putting up double digit sacks as a rookie, as some believe he can do). I also think Taylor has a chance to contribute as a rookie out of the 4th round.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you deem some threads on this site "retarded" (classy choice of words) -- DON'T READ THEM. No one is forcing you to read a single thread or a single post on this board. See how easy that was -- problem solved. You can use the extra time you have now to expand your vocabulary, so you don't have to use words such as "retarded", next time you decide to post.

Wow, someone re-use an old tampon this morning. If this is what gets your goat on an uncensored website I think you have issues.

I also am not a fan of taking a punter in the fifth. Levy is a fine value for his draft position and salary. They don't all have to be Dick Butkus. Cleaves started the bitch session. Al Gore is a phony.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see, so when you do it to me, it's just fine, but when I did it to thndr it's not cool because it conflicts with your almighty opinion? Gotcha, must be nice to live in fantasy land.

How exactly, though, am I the drama queen here. You're the one that said I blew up on thndr, or whatever, even though I just responded to his posts the very same way you did to mine. Yet when I do it you assign me as being angry and hostile, but when you do the exact same thing it's cool because it's your opinion.

I'm starting to figure out this opinion thing- we're all allowed to have our own opinion, but if it conflicts with yours it's inherently wrong and you're going to badger us until we all agree with you...

Does that sound about right to everyone else?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think education and happiness are totally unrelated. I think it has far more to do with attitude.

If you look on the bright side of life then being a garbageman can be just fine. The job ain't fun, but you have a life outside your job and at least after you shower you don't have to bring your job home with you.

You can be a paper-pusher who works 80-hour weeks and who is under constant pressure, but if you focus on the fact that your co-workers are good people, the boss treats you well, and you get to travel the world and see some pretty cool shit, then maybe long hours are a good trade-off.

People who want to be miserable and find fault will get their wish. People who choose to be happy also generally get their wish.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like the first page where you start in on the Martin pick, the second page where you start talking about the scouting department, that same page where you start the condescending remarks about whether TP follows the NFL draft, perhaps the part where you dog on Leshoure, or the pages after that where you have numerous posts. You're right this thread had NOTHING to do with YOU Capitalize that.

How come nobody can blast a Lion on this site?

Leshoure got severely outplayed by a UFA and the Lions brass moved up to take him in the second round when we already had Jahvid Best. What did Leshoure show last year? That he can plunge in from the 1 yard line?

By the way, the Martin pick was straight Millen. Plenty of solid punters went undrafted this year and Mayhew could of picked more Oline depth (Reid Fragel) or Safety depth (Bacarri Rambo). How you call a punter a "starter" is ridiculous.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take an upgraded punter over a 4th tackle or 4th safety.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come nobody can blast a Lion on this site?
Oh you can. But, we have the right to disagree. That's where I think you don't have a full understanding of a debate. Like I've said multiple times, my initial replies were the opposite of what u thought, but I did them with respect.

You think a punter can be had in FA, and they can. But TP put up some compelling arguments against that. It's not like the Lions drafted him the 2nd round. It was in the 5th, around the exact same spot the average punter is taken in drafts. Hardly a "Millen" pick. Your shtick is giving shitty monikers to players and personnel. I find that to be boring. My prerogative to think that.

I will admit this, TP prolly could've been a bit less "attacking" in his initial replies. But, like you and others feeling fed up with his "positivity", he was feeling tired of people's negativity. Although I don't wanna speak for him.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you guys that Rubio is the next republican candidate. They need that mexican vote.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, someone re-use an old tampon this morning. If this is what gets your goat on an uncensored website I think you have issues.

I also am not a fan of taking a punter in the fifth. Levy is a fine value for his draft position and salary. They don't all have to be Dick Butkus. Cleaves started the bitch session. Al Gore is a phony.

I take umbrage to this....I tried to start this bitch session.....Al Gore is in fact a phony.

I only hate Dick Butkus because he played for the Bears.

Chocolate pudding is over rated. But please don't tell me Yogurt or self server is better.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you call a punter a "starter" is ridiculous.
Do you seriously not understand how important a punter, as well as ST, are to a winning team? The Lions drafted a guy they think can improve the god-awful thing we called ST last year. And you wanna bitch about that? I simply don't get it bro.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Lions brass moved up to take him in the second round when we already had Jahvid Best
Many of the NFL teams are not only going to multiple running backs, but a "power" and "speed" back combo. Best was the speed, but he wasn't really known as a between the tackles, move the pile kinda guy. Leshoure was. Hence why we took him. As stated previously, He got injured and we never got to see what it would do. Then Best got hurt and it was the same thing all over again. Sometimes plan don't work out. But that's also why we signed Bush this year, to have that combo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They moved up to grab Leshoure because he was the consensus 2nd best back in the draft, some sources even liked him better than Mark Ingram. So he was a good value at the spot. Then he was drawing rave reviews for his explosion in camp before he ruptured his achilles.

So, in my opinion, it wasn't a bad pick, but bad luck on the injury.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you can. But, we have the right to disagree. That's where I think you don't have a full understanding of a debate. Like I've said multiple times, my initial replies were the opposite of what u thought, but I did them with respect.

You think a punter can be had in FA, and they can. But TP put up some compelling arguments against that.

:lol: I think were using the word "Compelling" a little loosely here.:laugh3: