• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Defenders (Daredevil + Jessica Jones + Luke Cage + Iron Fist)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Hat was pretty cool.
He had a kind of "five finger death punch" thing going. But they never really showed him using it successfully. They just mentioned it and then had him actually hold his own in a fight against Cage. But he still lost in the end.

And as for the Sigourney Weaver character...

was she supposed to be a physical bad-ass? She was able to handle Elektra without much effort (granted, it was just as she woke up), but she avoided the big fight.

And what was the deal with her illness? Was that supposed to be a big deal? I kinda got the impression that they continually got new bodies or something. But if that is the case, why dedicate so much time to a non-issue?

I don't think they get new bodies. That's why. They said in the middle of the season that if the body dies from internal causes, that was it. No coming back. So basically they could only heal from outside wounds.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely a "bromance" going on there, maybe setting up a Heroes For Hire.

I liked the ending.
I would've liked it more if we assumed DD died. The Catholic becomes the Christ-like figure. Very appropriate.

It's also a nice way of hinting that the other person with him suffered the same fate.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was very short.... Not just was it only 8 episodes but all episodes were only 40 minutes.... was able to finish all 8 episodes in less than 6 hrs....

overall thought was that it was good, but nothing spectacular happened to make it great... Very weird that they made sigourney weaver the big leader, but never showed how powerful she is/was... besides ms Gao, did any of the Fingers really scare you??

They were trying to do that with the Japanese guy...but something was just missing.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was pretty good.

Pumped for the next seasons of each individual character. Will they start to show up a little in each other series now?(obviously Luke was in JJs already).

It's also tough to ever know whose really dead. Seems like everyone associated with the hand can resurrect at any time.

Hell, I just finished Iron Fist recently too and not sure if another certain character is finally dead for good.

They didn't cut off his head in that one.....so I'm guessing no.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was very short.... Not just was it only 8 episodes but all episodes were only 40 minutes.... was able to finish all 8 episodes in less than 6 hrs....

overall thought was that it was good, but nothing spectacular happened to make it great... Very weird that they made sigourney weaver the big leader, but never showed how powerful she is/was... besides ms Gao, did any of the Fingers really scare you??

I think it was implied that she was a physical force with all the stories and how she handled feral Elektra.

But yeah, nothing big.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks one of the best parts of the Netflix Marvel Universe are the snazzy suits that a bunch of the characters sport?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it, I thought Finn Jones was much better here then in Iron Fist. He was a better fighter too though he constantly gets his butt handed to him. I thought Weaver did great with what she had to work with also I thought they made Jessica Jones a more interesting character than in her solo show.

Few things I didnt like 1. Iron Fist is still acting like a child and it brings his parts down. 2. they still refuse to connect it to the larger universe. I get it you want to keep them separate because they work on a more local scale, but for example they have a hard time believing in the Hand and no one lists off the world events that have happened in the MCU like there are half alien half humans with powers but you dont you are shocked by powerful ninjas. Also Danny Rand tells everyone and anyone who will listen that he is the Iron Fist but Shield (which is a thing again in the MCU) doesnt show up with the registration act. The same can go for the movies. Spiderman probably knows about Daredevil and Luke Cage because what happened in their solo series would have made the news, But there is no mention or even thought that they exist. 3. Even though I liked Weaver I dont think he part was written well she was the leader of the Hand but seemed pretty timid up until she was (spoilers) killed. 4. All the great shots that they had on DD and to an extent the other series were pretty much taken away and they shot it like the movies. Everyone I know loved the Hallway and Stairwell scene yet they had prime chances to do similar scenes with all 4 heros and they didnt.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they get new bodies. That's why. They said in the middle of the season that if the body dies from internal causes, that was it. No coming back. So basically they could only heal from outside wounds.

What I dont get is why Alexandria and Gao are so old compared to the other two when they left Kun Lun at the same time. Bakuto looks like he is mid 20s while Gao looks just this side of death.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I dont get is why Alexandria and Gao are so old compared to the other two when they left Kun Lun at the same time. Bakuto looks like he is mid 20s while Gao looks just this side of death.

I've been wondering that myself. Wondering if maybe that's how old they were when they left Kun Lun? The "stuff" just kinda locks their body in at that age?

Idk

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering that myself. Wondering if maybe that's how old they were when they left Kun Lun? The "stuff" just kinda locks their body in at that age?

Idk

Maybe but she also said she was pregnant when she went to Kun Lun so she must have been there a while with Gao before Bakuto and the Japanese guy showed up.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it, I thought Finn Jones was much better here then in Iron Fist. He was a better fighter too though he constantly gets his butt handed to him. I thought Weaver did great with what she had to work with also I thought they made Jessica Jones a more interesting character than in her solo show.

Few things I didnt like 1. Iron Fist is still acting like a child and it brings his parts down. 2. they still refuse to connect it to the larger universe. I get it you want to keep them separate because they work on a more local scale, but for example they have a hard time believing in the Hand and no one lists off the world events that have happened in the MCU like there are half alien half humans with powers but you dont you are shocked by powerful ninjas. Also Danny Rand tells everyone and anyone who will listen that he is the Iron Fist but Shield (which is a thing again in the MCU) doesnt show up with the registration act. The same can go for the movies. Spiderman probably knows about Daredevil and Luke Cage because what happened in their solo series would have made the news, But there is no mention or even thought that they exist. 3. Even though I liked Weaver I dont think he part was written well she was the leader of the Hand but seemed pretty timid up until she was (spoilers) killed. 4. All the great shots that they had on DD and to an extent the other series were pretty much taken away and they shot it like the movies. Everyone I know loved the Hallway and Stairwell scene yet they had prime chances to do similar scenes with all 4 heros and they didnt.

I didn't find her timid at all. I found her incredibly smug and arrogant because of the Black Sky.

I'm not sure about the timeline, but it seemed the other shows were all done shortly after Avengers 1. Doesn't seem like they put Civil War in this timelie yet? But idk.

Also, is Danny even a meta? Like, what the fuck is he? He mastered his chi or some shit. Idk.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you write Iron Fist. He shoudlnt' fit in with the rest of the group cause he's still very new to the US (well, new as in getting reaquainted), but still, he probably should be the most chill one of them all. But I get the murdered parents angle riling him up as well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but she also said she was pregnant when she went to Kun Lun so she must have been there a while with Gao before Bakuto and the Japanese guy showed up.

Well, they are older. So clearly possible.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't find her timid at all. I found her incredibly smug and arrogant because of the Black Sky.

I'm not sure about the timeline, but it seemed the other shows were all done shortly after Avengers 1. Doesn't seem like they put Civil War in this timelie yet? But idk.

Also, is Danny even a meta? Like, what the fuck is he? He mastered his chi or some shit. Idk.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you write Iron Fist. He shoudlnt' fit in with the rest of the group cause he's still very new to the US (well, new as in getting reaquainted), but still, he probably should be the most chill one of them all. But I get the murdered parents angle riling him up as well.

Maybe Timid is the wrong word but she really didnt flex her power much, maybe thats because the others respect her so much that she knows she doesnt have to be that over the top kinda character. You are probably right but still the Inhuman storyline has been going on since season 2 of AOS and that is suppose to run congruent with the movies. So that means you are talking about these taking place years ago. Well MetaHuman is a DC term but I think he would qualify as one he mastered his Chi on Kun Lun but he gets his power from the Dragon heart. Maybe this is what makes him mature because they alluded to him taking over as Daredevil so maybe seeing other risk their life for the City makes him grow up and become more adult like.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take these shows for what they are, which is live action comic books.

With that in mind, I feel like people are getting a little elitist with their comic book tv show analysis.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Timid is the wrong word but she really didnt flex her power much, maybe thats because the others respect her so much that she knows she doesnt have to be that over the top kinda character. You are probably right but still the Inhuman storyline has been going on since season 2 of AOS and that is suppose to run congruent with the movies. So that means you are talking about these taking place years ago. Well MetaHuman is a DC term but I think he would qualify as one he mastered his Chi on Kun Lun but he gets his power from the Dragon heart. Maybe this is what makes him mature because they alluded to him taking over as Daredevil so maybe seeing other risk their life for the City makes him grow up and become more adult like.
They are using the term "powered" in the MCU as a catch-all for anyone who has any kind of power at all. That would include enhanced (Rogers, Cage, Banner) and inhuman (Daisy) and other (Rand, Strange). People who are just skilled (Romanov, Stark) are not considered "Powered", but I think they still need to register through the Accords. The MCU is not able to use the term "Mutant" (FOX owns the term), so I am not sure how they classify Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took this to be because she didn't have to.

And the one time she might've...Black Sky showed up with IF.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked it. Didn't try to do to much too soon. Will look forward to next one

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked it. Didn't try to do to much too soon. Will look forward to next one

Yeah, like to me....it was basically what I expected (story wise) minus killing Weaver's character earlier than expected (but also well done, it was the first real "holy sh*t" moment of the show).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I thought they should've explained in Defenders was that reveal in IF about how there are multiple factions within the Hand.

That didn't appear to be the case in Defenders, just that each of the 5 fingers was given their home country to run the Hand's operations in, under Weaver's guidance as Head Finger (is that a thing? lol)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was well done.
Not sure if they need to be much darker or much campier.
I expect Punisher to be better because they can be a little more extreme with that one.

Why didn't Danny offer to protect the loved ones with his vast resources and pay them salaries so that they could still do what they love to do, but also help the group when needed? Nurse, reporter, lawyer, private investigator.... those are all useful jobs that the sidekicks can be doing to help out our crew.

As someone else mentioned, certain parts just didn't click. I would have expected the five fingers of the hand to be lacking empathy after so many years, that they should have been more brutal. Yet, it never felt like our heroes were in danger when they were around.