• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cowboys Have Upped their Offer for Earl Thomas; Seahawks Want More Still

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chf... buddy. You have been sucked into the NWPF Troll Vortex.
Recommend engage Worm Drive and GTF outta there.

I know better, but he's kinda my slow down and gawk at the accident deal.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHHH good to know they're still allowing Snickers into Canada.

FWIW I didn't vote for Trump and I sure as hell didn't vote for Clinton. Regardless it's about time handful of countries stop receiving free hand outs from the US. Also the US policy on immigrants is laughable. I've had the lucky pleasure of working our southern border years ago. It's a friggen joke. Personally I'm tired of the US having to police the world.

Free hand outs.

Learn something. Please.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A professional doesn't ask for a job while still on the clock for his current employer. Earl has done that

So if you could get him for a second or a third, you wouldn't want him? Not being a pro?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free hand outs.

Learn something. Please.

Are you implying the US doesn't provide handouts and subsidize multiple exports/imports for many countries?

Please educate me :canada:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has considered Pete just wants to keep ET for this year. He is in the budget and costs about $8.5M this year. Pete can FT Earl next year at a below average expense or get a 3rd round comp. Pete and John hold three of the four aces.

So you won't give him a raise but will give him $12M next year?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you could get him for a second or a third, you wouldn't want him? Not being a pro?

I'm addressing your assertion that Earl is a "pro's pro". A pro doesn't solicit another job in front of your current employer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm addressing your assertion that Earl is a "pro's pro". A pro doesn't solicit another job in front of your current employer.

That's yesterday's argument. It has no bearing on today's. :lol:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if memory serves what he actually said was, when I'm done, come get me. But
Are you implying the US doesn't provide handouts and subsidize multiple exports/imports for many countries?

Please educate me :canada:

You actually have a trade SURPLUS with your sometimes #1 trading partner (currently #2).

So yep, pretty much claiming that you don't provide 'handouts,' to other nations, and why the living fuck would US taxpayers be 'subsidizing' foreign businesses?

'Subsidizing' is what the orange-wonder is doing for AMERICAN soy farmers, since he started this trade war-simplistic-for-the-morons bullshit. Because, suhprise, suhprise, other nations retaliate in kind with tariffs of their own.

Go google away, I 'eagerly' await your replies.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh. I wonder how NFL executives sleep at night.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if memory serves what he actually said was, when I'm done, come get me. But

You actually have a trade SURPLUS with your sometimes #1 trading partner (currently #2).

So yep, pretty much claiming that you don't provide 'handouts,' to other nations, and why the living fuck would US taxpayers be 'subsidizing' foreign businesses?

'Subsidizing' is what the orange-wonder is doing for AMERICAN soy farmers, since he started this trade war-simplistic-for-the-morons bullshit. Because, suhprise, suhprise, other nations retaliate in kind with tariffs of their own.

Go google away, I 'eagerly' await your replies.

Get another Snickers. Your keyboard will appreciate it.

Google subsidize for yourself. Strange it has the same definition in Canada, US and OTHER countries.

You need to breath and read. I never said anything about just the #1 nor the #2 trade partner.

If you don't think the US buys/sells/trades imports and exports items at subsidized prices based on a countries geopolitical standing as well as other economic and strategic factors I'm not going to be able to help you in this forum.

Google will help you:noidea:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I wonder how NFL executives sleep at night.
Deflect much?
Yesterday he was a leader.
Today's agenda, well not so much.
Start at your conclusion boss

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chf having problems finding a definition of subsidize? Let me help you out. The anticipation of your response is killing me and the game is delayed so I have little else to do.

A subsidy is a form of financial aid or support extended to an economic sector (or institution, business, or individual) generally with the aim of promoting economic and social policy. Although commonly extended from a government, the term subsidy can relate to any type of support, such as from NGOs or implicit subsidies.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see ET stay a Seahawks just to see him take father time to Triple OT.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at people that think Thomas isn't worth a 1st or even a 2nd.

He is a HOF safety with incredible range. Without him the LOB wasn't even a feasible concept.

I know that he is "old" (29 isn't old for a safety) and some injury concerns which is concerning because he game is predicated on speed. But his instincts are about the best I have ever seen.

We will see what happens but I think he is being severely under-rated in all of these trade discussions.
Not worth a first considering his contract length and as you said age

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why Seattle turned this deal down. While they wouldn't get Thomas' services this year, they would get a 2nd round pick next year. If he leaves as a FA, the max comp would be a 3rd in 2020 draft. I'm not so sure how much sense this makes from a capital use stand point. Yes, they give up Thomas, but if they look at it realistically, they're advancing their player acquisition by a year.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think anyone would spend two first rounders on Mack, but they did. I would imagine that had something to do with this decision. ET is probably worth a first to some team out there. Also, as others have mentioned the whole thing with playing Dallas week 3.

I get the decision, just not sure it ends up being correct in the long run.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is worth a 1st IMO since safties can play well into their mid-late 30s. That said, as an org I wouldn't give up anything other than a 3rd for him.

Seattle might as well hang on to him. They have a ton of young rookies in the secondary, might as well play them with the best safety (arguably) in the business.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has considered Pete just wants to keep ET for this year. He is in the budget and costs about $8.5M this year. Pete can FT Earl next year at a below average expense or get a 3rd round comp. Pete and John hold three of the four aces.
There is no guarantee of a comp pick