• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cowboys Have Upped their Offer for Earl Thomas; Seahawks Want More Still

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought earl is a 1st round talent

That's cool I think he's a 1st round talent as well.

That doesn't mean it equates to a 1st round pick for all the reasons already mentioned.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooray. Honesty.

Take your own advice Mr. No-self-awareness. I'm not expecting me to 'like' what you post. I'm fucking disagreeing with what you post. That's what those of us wearing our big-boy pants do.

Except they button and zip them up so they don't continually trip over them. Oh boo hoo NWPATS doesn't like the Seahawks (more correctly the majority of 12s) so I claim he starts his debates by starting at his conclusion. That will get him. If not I'll say he chicken-little's every post about the Hawks.

C'mon, if you're going to chicken-little, do it right. What 2 and 14?

No months ago I said Seattle likely goes 8-8 this season. Which in your new opinion will be ok because they didn't LOSE more then they won.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree in the least. That's what I've argued time and time again with my fellow Hawks posters, him holding out is the only card he has, and that Kam is EXACTLY why he's doing it.

Is this what leaders do? I'm confused.

The difference between what you and I are saying is you opt for the Pollyanna approach while I don't sugar coat it (Chicken-little) if you will?

Why the fuck would I care if I'm in the minority? I can point to media member Cowboys fans like the idiot in chief Skipp Clueless, who's been chortling for 10 days now about how Jerry was going to go right to the 'brink' in fleecing the Hawks for Thomas, who'd put them in the Superbowl.

Apparently Schneider must watch ESPN.

Watch that blood pressure for someone who doesn't care you sound awfully angry? Cussing calling other writers names... Yeah I can see where you don't care.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl thinks hes been disrespected? thats just adorable

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No months ago I said Seattle likely goes 8-8 this season. Which in your new opinion will be ok because they didn't LOSE more then they won.

Heh, which apparently has them as 'losing?' All that 'losing' that you predicted! That sword cuts both ways.

And I could EASILY see Seattle going 8 and 8. That's an eminently reasonable position to take. One of their o-line (Brown?) goes down with an injury, and 8 and 8 here we come.

Oh noes, another emerald colored glasses Seattle fan!

I've been arguing that Wilson means Seattle is always going to be a threat to make the playoffs. That a Wilson team where he's not injured won't go 4 and 12 or even 6 and 10. Read through the predictions threads. There's LOTS of people who are picking them to be awful. There's LOTS of national media picking them to be 3rd or 4th in the NFCW.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch that blood pressure for someone who doesn't care you sound awfully angry? Cussing calling other writers names... Yeah I can see where you don't care.

'Cussing?' I thought you had your big-boy pants on?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, which apparently has them as 'losing?' All that 'losing' that you predicted! That sword cuts both ways.

And I could EASILY see Seattle going 8 and 8. That's an eminently reasonable position to take. One of their o-line (Brown?) goes down with an injury, and 8 and 8 here we come.

Oh noes, another emerald colored glasses Seattle fan!

I've been arguing that Wilson means Seattle is always going to be a threat to make the playoffs. That a Wilson team where he's not injured won't go 4 and 12 or even 6 and 10. Read through the predictions threads. There's LOTS of people who are picking them to be awful. There's LOTS of national media picking them to be 3rd or 4th in the NFCW.

The losing I referred to isn't just this past year it started after the SB loss.

I think they go 8-8 even if they stay healthy. IMO they didn't improve this offseason. Others may disagree which is fine.

Like I said bookmark this and we'll see who's right?

I'm not those other prediction threads nor the national media. I gave you my prediction.

FWIW I don't think a healthy RW would go 4-12 either. 6-10 possibly? I doubt it but 7-9 is certainly possible. On those earlier threads I did say Seattle likely battles for 3rd or 4th. I'll stand by my prediction even though with some of the recent injuries to SF and AZ 3rd or 2nd is more likely given everything remains the same as it is today. Which we know it won't. More injuries to any of those three teams could definitely tip the scale.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Cussing?' I thought you had your big-boy pants on?

It didn't offend me but as a writer I figured you would come up with better words to use, unless you were angry? I cuss often not saying it's good or bad.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The losing I referred to isn't just this past year it started after the SB loss.

I think they go 8-8 even if they stay healthy. IMO they didn't improve this offseason. Others may disagree which is fine.

Like I said bookmark this and we'll see who's right?

I'm not those other prediction threads nor the national media. I gave you my prediction.

FWIW I don't think a healthy RW would go 4-12 either. 6-10 possibly? I doubt it but 7-9 is certainly possible. On those earlier threads I did say Seattle likely battles for 3rd or 4th. I'll stand by my prediction even though with some of the recent injuries to SF and AZ 3rd or 2nd is more likely given everything remains the same as it is today. Which we know it won't. More injuries to any of those three teams could definitely tip the scale.

Right after losing the Superbowl, they uh... kept making the playoffs.

I guess I'm still waiting for all this 'losing' you're predicting to come true.

Eventually you'll be right.

I can use the search function, so again, won't be bookmarking. :)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't offend me but as a writer I figured you would come up with better words to use, unless you were angry? I cuss often not saying it's good or bad.

No I used it on purpose, not because I was angry. I think a good 'fuck' can be very articulate in the right situation. You know what makes me angry?

Not knowing if I'm going to get to ever retire. THAT makes me angry. Your pustulent president potentially screwing up the economies of both our nations because he's a self-aggrandizing narcissist - THAT makes me angry. Not getting to see my kid as often as I'd like, THAT makes me angry.

I'm about a decade and a half past being all wound up on message boards. If I was still wanting to do that, I'd frequent the cesspool that is the political threads here.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Been saying that too. The only things there are Dallas gets less games out of him which could lower their offer and either team could start 3-0 or 0-3 which could also change things a little. But there is no way Seattle wants to sit there and watch him help Dallas beat them in their house.

Why-Earl-Thomas-To-Dallas-Cowboys-Makes-A-Lot-Of-Sense-696x464.jpg

That's been Earls dream, play for his home town team ... I can almost guarantee you guy's would a made the playoff with him, 99 percent chance... He changes so much in the back end of a defense..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after losing the Superbowl, they uh... kept making the playoffs.

I guess I'm still waiting for all this 'losing' you're predicting to come true.

Eventually you'll be right.

I can use the search function, so again, won't be bookmarking. :)

OK you're pulling my leg right? Where's the camera? Am I on Punked?

2013 13-3 win the SB
2014 12-4 Lose the SB
2015 10-6 lose Div round
2016 10-5-1 Lose Div round
2017 9-7 Miss POs
2018 8-8 my prediction

Am I missing something? Have they not regressed EACH year since winning the SB? You get so offended when someone says anything that isn't glowing about the Hawks. Look it's not like I said they are Cleveland. I said they have been consistently trending downward since the SB. Those records seem to agree with everything I had predicted. A steady decline.

I'm already on record saying they start to bounce back in 2019 based solely on available cap space. But it won't be a return of the LOB. Since that infamous draft JS and PC have been less than pedestrian drafting and bringing in FAs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I used it on purpose, not because I was angry. I think a good 'fuck' can be very articulate in the right situation. You know what makes me angry?

Not knowing if I'm going to get to ever retire. THAT makes me angry. Your pustulent president potentially screwing up the economies of both our nations because he's a self-aggrandizing narcissist - THAT makes me angry. Not getting to see my kid as often as I'd like, THAT makes me angry.

I'm about a decade and a half past being all wound up on message boards. If I was still wanting to do that, I'd frequent the cesspool that is the political threads here.

AHHH good to know they're still allowing Snickers into Canada.

FWIW I didn't vote for Trump and I sure as hell didn't vote for Clinton. Regardless it's about time handful of countries stop receiving free hand outs from the US. Also the US policy on immigrants is laughable. I've had the lucky pleasure of working our southern border years ago. It's a friggen joke. Personally I'm tired of the US having to police the world.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at you letting Trump make you angry.

Earl needs shut the fuck up and play out the last year of the huge contract he signed.

upload_2018-9-6_8-20-22.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl needs shut the fuck up and play out the last year of the huge contract he signed.
I agree. I have no sympathy for these guys that sign a contract to be one of the highest paid at their position and then cry and whine about it down the road. If you didn't want a 4 year deal you should have signed a 3 year deal. And then you have idiot fans and writers telling us how much of a team player he is and high character guy because he reported a week before the first game instead of the day before. WTF is wrong with people...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for a more serious response. Oh FFS. If Earl was that kind of guy, he'd have show it long before now. He's a pro's pro. Never been anything but a leader, both on and off the field.

Try and think it through? Instead of just starting with...'Huh, I wonder what would fuck Seattle sideways the worst?' and going from there.

A professional doesn't ask for a job while still on the clock for his current employer. Earl has done that

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that has to be put out there is that the Seahawks probably didnt want to trade him to the Cowboys until after week 3 after they faced the cowboys. If the cowboys wanted him sooner the hawks probably told them it would be a first round pick. Same thing happened last year when the hawks were talking to the texans about trading for duane brown. As soon as they finished the texans game the trade went through. They dont want face the player they just traded.

That Dallas second round pick is gonna be low so its a glorified 3rd I wouldnt be jumping at that offer right off the bat either. If the hawks let him go they will be compensated a 3rd round pick anyway if he has a pro bowl year.

I've heard others saying that. On top of it week 3 is SEA first home game and it's against Dallas. So you REALLY don't want your first home game to be Earl's "return to SEA" in another uniform.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chf... buddy. You have been sucked into the NWPF Troll Vortex.
Recommend engage Worm Drive and GTF outta there.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you're pulling my leg right? Where's the camera? Am I on Punked?

2013 13-3 win the SB
2014 12-4 Lose the SB
2015 10-6 lose Div round
2016 10-5-1 Lose Div round
2017 9-7 Miss POs
2018 8-8 my prediction

Am I missing something? Have they not regressed EACH year since winning the SB? You get so offended when someone says anything that isn't glowing about the Hawks. Look it's not like I said they are Cleveland. I said they have been consistently trending downward since the SB. Those records seem to agree with everything I had predicted. A steady decline.

I'm already on record saying they start to bounce back in 2019 based solely on available cap space. But it won't be a return of the LOB. Since that infamous draft JS and PC have been less than pedestrian drafting and bringing in FAs.

Still haven't gotten to the 'losing,' yet.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has considered Pete just wants to keep ET for this year. He is in the budget and costs about $8.5M this year. Pete can FT Earl next year at a below average expense or get a 3rd round comp. Pete and John hold three of the four aces.