• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cowboys Have Upped their Offer for Earl Thomas; Seahawks Want More Still

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can get him as a FA next season.
And who knows maybe he "Accidentally Helps" Dallas in week three this season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big surprise, you think Seattle should have done something different than what they did.

And from Texas, life-long Cowboys fan, he got caught up in the moment. BFD. It's like he got caught fucking everyone's sister.

And no, won't be bookmarking the page, I don't take you seriously enough for that.

I can hear your keyboard from here. No you don't care that much. Ease up on those keys they didn't do anything.

You are too cute. So he was caught up in the moment:doh:. Good one. Would you have us believe all this disrespect talk he's posted is bs as well?

It appears I'm not the only one that thinks Seattle was dumb here. Other posters mostly outside the 206 agree.

The best case scenario for Seattle is they offer ET a bag full of money next year and he decides to resign with them. They'll have cap space so we'll have to see how that plays out? A lot likely depends on how this season turns out.

Like I said in the past, once Seattle started losing all these problems manifested. Winning cure a lot of what ails you.

I know you hate being reminded of how many times I was right about your team. That's why I said go ahead and bookmark this. Because I will be back AGAIN, telling you I told you so. :D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can get him as a FA next season.
And who knows maybe he "Accidentally Helps" Dallas in week three this season.

Horse pucky, he's a leader of the former LOB. Seattle or death.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can hear your keyboard from here. No you don't care that much. Ease up on those keys they didn't do anything.

Heh, all calm here NW, I'm at work after all. Banging on the keyboard would be bad for my continued employment.

You are too cute. So he was caught up in the moment:doh:. Good one. Would you have us believe all this disrespect talk he's posted is bs as well?

He talked about retirement after he broke his leg last year, because, you know, he'd just broken his leg. I try not to jump to sky is falling conclusions. For you the sky is always falling in Seattle.

It appears I'm not the only one that thinks Seattle was dumb here. Other posters mostly outside the 206 agree.
Oh ffs, there's Seahawks posters on the Seahawks threads who were predicting he'd played his last game in Seattle. I'm on record there predicting that he'd sit out until (gasp) just before the season, and that the team would overlook the fines. The team holds the hammer, but his holdout was the only card he had to play.

The best case scenario for Seattle is they offer ET a bag full of money next year and he decides to resign with them. They'll have cap space so we'll have to see how that plays out? A lot likely depends on how this season turns out.
Of course. But depending on how camp went the team was going to make a business decision as to value of him playing for US this year, vs the lowball offers they got so far. That cost/benefit analysis could look totally different next season.

Like I said in the past, once Seattle started losing all these problems manifested. Winning cure a lot of what ails you.
Sure, like the winning they've done for a long time now. Psst, they didn't actually LOSE more than they won last year. If their kicker didn't get the yips, they might have made the playoffs.

Because I will be back AGAIN, telling you I told you so. :D

In other breaking news, Elvis still dead, water still wet.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, all calm here NW, I'm at work after all. Banging on the keyboard would be bad for my continued employment.

He talked about retirement after he broke his leg last year, because, you know, he'd just broken his leg. I try not to jump to sky is falling conclusions. For you the sky is always falling in Seattle.

Oh ffs, there's Seahawks posters on the Seahawks threads who were predicting he'd played his last game in Seattle. I'm on record there predicting that he'd sit out until (gasp) just before the season, and that the team would overlook the fines. The team holds the hammer, but his holdout was the only card he had to play.

Of course. But depending on how camp went the team was going to make a business decision as to value of him playing for US this year, vs the lowball offers they got so far. That cost/benefit analysis could look totally different next season.

Sure, like the winning they've done for a long time now. Psst, they didn't actually LOSE more than they won last year. If their kicker didn't get the yips, they might have made the playoffs.

In other breaking news, Elvis still dead, water still wet.

A 2nd round pick for an aging CB is not a low ball offer. That will want a big contract. Not to mention for one who doesn't want to stay in Seattle and has felt disrespected. Whether any of us think he was disrespected or not doesn't matter. It's what he said and how he feels.

Please let's not play the what if the kicker didn't get the yips... I used to think you were better than using excuses. Seattle missed the playoffs, they had a BAD year.

In other breaking news 12s will be 12s.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd round pick for an aging CB is not a low ball offer. That will want a big contract. Not to mention for one who doesn't want to stay in Seattle and has felt disrespected. Whether any of us think he was disrespected or not doesn't matter. It's what he said and how he feels.

Please let's not play the what if the kicker didn't get the yips... I used to think you were better than using excuses. Seattle missed the playoffs, they had a BAD year.

I could only imagine what you say if I called Gronk a WR. ET is not a CB

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that has to be put out there is that the Seahawks probably didnt want to trade him to the Cowboys until after week 3 after they faced the cowboys. If the cowboys wanted him sooner the hawks probably told them it would be a first round pick. Same thing happened last year when the hawks were talking to the texans about trading for duane brown. As soon as they finished the texans game the trade went through. They dont want face the player they just traded.

That Dallas second round pick is gonna be low so its a glorified 3rd I wouldnt be jumping at that offer right off the bat either. If the hawks let him go they will be compensated a 3rd round pick anyway if he has a pro bowl year.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reported, he still could be traded, depends on how Seattle does this season IMO.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that has to be put out there is that the Seahawks probably didnt want to trade him to the Cowboys until after week 3 after they faced the cowboys. If the cowboys wanted him sooner the hawks probably told them it would be a first round pick. Same thing happened last year when the hawks were talking to the texans about trading for duane brown. As soon as they finished the texans game the trade went through. They dont want face the player they just traded.

That Dallas second round pick is gonna be low so its a glorified 3rd I wouldnt be jumping at that offer right off the bat either. If the hawks let him go they will be compensated a 3rd round pick anyway if he has a pro bowl year.

That's could be a valid point?

I'm not sure how low/high that Dallas 2nd will be? I'm thinking more middle of the round? Dallas is funny this year. They could be 11-5 or 8-8? On paper their SoS ranks them 15th. But there are a lot of tough games on their schedule this year.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh, YES they missed the playoffs. I never said otherwise. But as down as last year was for them, they STILL could have faked their way into the playoffs if the kicker doesn't flake on them. They still were above 500.

Right now, they STILL have an elite QB. They STILL have a top flight owner and organization.

And yet you still chicken-little the Seahawks consistently.

Could Seattle miss the playoffs again? Sure.

Will a Wilson led team lose 10 or 11 games? Sorry not buying it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shhhhh chf says a 2nd is a low ball offer.

It IS a lowball offer. But I get it, Thomas is an injury risk. So if Jerry makes a trade for Thomas and has to pay him, it's either a homerun, or a strikeout, TOTALLY depending on his injury future.

That's the same fucking risk that Seattle is taking. If Thomas stays healthy, a 2nd is waaaay lowball. If he gets hurt again, then Seattle is going to wish that they took the second.

<shrug>

Life is a risk.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Been saying that too. The only things there are Dallas gets less games out of him which could lower their offer and either team could start 3-0 or 0-3 which could also change things a little. But there is no way Seattle wants to sit there and watch him help Dallas beat them in their house.

Why-Earl-Thomas-To-Dallas-Cowboys-Makes-A-Lot-Of-Sense-696x464.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, YES they missed the playoffs. I never said otherwise. But as down as last year was for them, they STILL could have faked their way into the playoffs if the kicker doesn't flake on them. They still were above 500.

Right now, they STILL have an elite QB. They STILL have a top flight owner and organization.

And yet you still chicken-little the Seahawks consistently.

Could Seattle miss the playoffs again? Sure.

Will a Wilson led team lose 10 or 11 games? Sorry not buying it.

Psst, they didn't actually LOSE more than they won last year. If their kicker didn't get the yips, they might have made the playoffs.

No this is exactly what you said. "Psst, they didn't actually LOSE more than they won last year. If their kicker didn't get the yips, they might have made the playoffs". So being above .500 is now considered a success in Seattle? So I point out them losing (not making the playoffs) which used to be a gauge for Seattle. Well until it doesn't fit your argument any longer. So you come back with this Paullyanna attitude that they won more then the lost:rolleyes2: not to mention the excuse of a kicker.

They have one of the wealthiest owners if not the wealthiest. Wish I could find that post about the net worth of NFL teams vs. the amount the owners actually invest. Allen was middle of the pack. Top flight owner and organization is subjective. No sense debating, we'll be on opposite sides of the fence for sure on what we believe quantifies "top flight".

Oh no I consistently chicken-little and start at my conclusion when debating the poor Hawks and the 12s. Pull up your big boy pants. This is a sports thread. I'm already on record for the past couple of years on what I predicted would happen to the Hawks. It's as I almost wrote the script. Sorry you don't like that.

So to be like you, I never said Seattle would lose 10-11 games.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It IS a lowball offer. But I get it, Thomas is an injury risk. So if Jerry makes a trade for Thomas and has to pay him, it's either a homerun, or a strikeout, TOTALLY depending on his injury future.

That's the same fucking risk that Seattle is taking. If Thomas stays healthy, a 2nd is waaaay lowball. If he gets hurt again, then Seattle is going to wish that they took the second.

<shrug>

Life is a risk.

That's Earl's point if he gets hurt he's screwed. I mentioned previously seeing Sherm and Kam get injured last tear scared him I believe. He wants to be paid before it could happen to him.

Sorry but you're in the minority if you still honestly believe a 2nd is a low ball offer for him. Don't take my word for it (which I'm sure you won't) just look at the other Seattle and non Seattle posters on here as well as the majority of media outlets.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Earl's point if he gets hurt he's screwed. I mentioned previously seeing Sherm and Kam get injured last tear scared him I believe. He wants to be paid before it could happen to him.

Sorry but you're in the minority if you still honestly believe a 2nd is a low ball offer for him. Don't take my word for it (which I'm sure you won't) just look at the other Seattle and non Seattle posters on here as well as the majority of media outlets.

I thought earl is a 1st round talent

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no I consistently chicken-little

Hooray. Honesty.

Pull up your big boy pants. This is a sports thread. I'm already on record for the past couple of years on what I predicted would happen to the Hawks. It's as I almost wrote the script. Sorry you don't like that.

Take your own advice Mr. No-self-awareness. I'm not expecting me to 'like' what you post. I'm fucking disagreeing with what you post. That's what those of us wearing our big-boy pants do.

So to be like you, I never said Seattle would lose 10-11 games.

C'mon, if you're going to chicken-little, do it right. What 2 and 14?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree in the least. That's what I've argued time and time again with my fellow Hawks posters, him holding out is the only card he has, and that Kam is EXACTLY why he's doing it.

Why the fuck would I care if I'm in the minority? I can point to media member Cowboys fans like the idiot in chief Skipp Clueless, who's been chortling for 10 days now about how Jerry was going to go right to the 'brink' in fleecing the Hawks for Thomas, who'd put them in the Superbowl.

Apparently Schneider must watch ESPN.