• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chicago White Sox '21-'22 offseason

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, sweet Savanna where resides the Garden of Good and Evil. It is gorgeous this time of year. Where American Revolution and Civil War landmarks stand side by side. Enjoy!
We arrived yesterday and just got some initial glimpses of the city's beauty. We're staying in the historic district, so we pretty much just hung around River Street and its environs. Today we're doing more of the 'tourist thang' in taking the hop on/hop off trolley, then hitting the sites as needed. Gotta do something to take my mind off this disappointing offseason.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We arrived yesterday and just got some initial glimpses of the city's beauty. We're staying in the historic district, so we pretty much just hung around River Street and its environs. Today we're doing more of the 'tourist thang' in taking the hop on/hop off trolley, then hitting the sites as needed. Gotta do something to take my mind off this disappointing offseason.
It is always better to start a White Sox season a little disappointed and become pleased - than to start off the season certain of a World Series berth.

Every team in the league is going to have problems covering innings pitched with a crammed schedule - full 9 inning games and extra innings until the game is over. This figures to be a wild offensive season around the league. Games will be longer - I'm afraid.

I think a season tilted offensively will suit this White Sox team pretty well. The Sox go Anderson, Moncada, Robert, Abreu, Grandal, Jimenez and Pollock - before you finish with Harrison and Vaughn.

At the same time - the Sox have - on paper - improved defensively. Pollock is a plus defender, Harrison is a plus defender and McQuire fields his position well - pitch frames well - and throws out runners in the high 30%s. McQuire - also appears to have it at the plate better than Collins or Zavala.

In the late innings the Sox can insert - Engel for Jimenez - and can switch Harrison to rd base - and Mendick to short or 2nd. - without a huge drop in defense.

Of course, the first things that get thrown out in war - is the battle plan.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always better to start a White Sox season a little disappointed

Then we better than a muthaf*cka...

Our pitching looks like it won't hang with the other top teams' pitching...No amount of "This will be an offensive season" is gonna change that. Gonna need some things to go VERY right. *crosses fingers*

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we better than a muthaf*cka...

Our pitching looks like it won't hang with the other top teams' pitching...No amount of "This will be an offensive season" is gonna change that. Gonna need some things to go VERY right. *crosses fingers*
It's not my job to reassure you prior to the season. It just seems like it to you. ;)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offseason has been a disappointment no doubt, but I'm still a classic (if foolish) fan of his team by taking the view that October is up for grabs. Root root root for our team until I can't root no mo.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not my job to reassure you prior to the season. It just seems like it to you. ;)

Eh...I'd say more of an internship...
...unpaid.