• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cardinals are going to regret drafting Kyler Murray

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for a #1 pick. Making one playoff game in his career?? Lol They drafted him bc they thought he would be WAY better than Rosen and be a franchise QB. One playoff win?
That’s like saying if Baker were to only win one playoff game in his career, he would be a success to the Browns. Definitely not true
Actually that is true. Any QB that wins a playoff game for the Browns should automatically be given a bust in Canton.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't draft a single offensive lineman or tight end. Thats drafting 101 when you bring in a young QB. Don't get him killed.

If/when Marcus Gilbert and DJ Humpries go down again, the Cardinals will have the worst Oline and the worst TEs. I think there is a small chance those tackles stay healthy and Murray has a good rookie season but if they go down then they'll be looking at the top QBs in the draft next year. (The good news for them is that they'll be able to trade down next year if that happens)

Pretty shocked they didnt get one OL. They had a chance to draft one early 2nd, Taylor and Ford dropped.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to prognosticate a negative outcome.

It takes balls and discernment to predict success.

Murray completes at least two contracts with the Cards and leads them to at least one playoff.

Barring injury, of course.

Guy is a winner and can carry a team on his back.

Butthurt level over 9,000.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't draft a single offensive lineman or tight end. Thats drafting 101 when you bring in a young QB. Don't get him killed.

If/when Marcus Gilbert and DJ Humpries go down again, the Cardinals will have the worst Oline and the worst TEs. I think there is a small chance those tackles stay healthy and Murray has a good rookie season but if they go down then they'll be looking at the top QBs in the draft next year. (The good news for them is that they'll be able to trade down next year if that happens)

Good points but I think they’ve given up on the TE position. Literally the only team that’s NEVER had a good TE.’it’s actually pretty amazing that they’ve never had even a “good” TE. And no, Novachek wasn’t good when he was with the Cards.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now, this kid is going to be a huge bust. I'm not sold on a 5'10" one year college wonder QB being worth anywhere near a 1st round pick. People are quick to bring up Russell Wilson, but he is both an inch taller and heavier than Murray, had 3 years of solid college ball under his belt by the time he was drafted, and was a 3rd round pick. Wilson is among an extremely rare select few QB's that short to succeed at that high of a level, let alone what the expectations of a 1st overall pick should be in Murray.

Will Rosen work out in Miami? Maybe, maybe not, but that's really besides the point in all this. I could see Murray maybe having a decent/good start RG3 style or something, maybe even turning out to be a decent player overall. But a perennial top 3 QB like you'd be hoping for with a 1st rounder? I think the odds are stacked way against him. I have nothing against the guy or the Cards, so if he proves me wrong, I'll be completely fine with it. Just calling it like I see it.

I'll be happy to eat crow if he manages to prove this wrong for more than 1 season.
Roasted, fried or bbq’d?

Just want to know what to prepare.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a midget and will be out of the league in 3 years.

The NFL isn't minor league football and Murray would be wise to buy a big dollar life insurance policy.
Napoleon complex post :kissass:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if the Bidwill's can keep the fuck out of the way long enough for them to sniff the playoffs again. They got lucky with Warner and then Arians. Owner has been shit since I was a little boy.
And the Pats got lucky with BB and TB. And every other team that has won has just been lucky.

Bill Bidwell has been dead for years. Look at Michael Bidwells record since dad passed away.

You have been aweful lippy since the Browns reached 7 win greatness.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm calling it now, this kid is going to be a huge bust.

Are you technically a bust when you literally die on the field after a linebacker easily comes through that piss-poor OL and breaks his tiny neck from the whiplash?

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst team in the NFL would beat Bama by 50 points and Murray is gonna be road kill.
Yeah, I didnt word that right. The first part of your post is correct. How about this, Murray has torched every defense he ever faced with the exception of army, well, he torched them too OUs defense just couldnt get off the field.

How bout this: Bama's defense is pretty fucking good for the college level?

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for a #1 pick. Making one playoff game in his career?? Lol They drafted him bc they thought he would be WAY better than Rosen and be a franchise QB. One playoff win?
That’s like saying if Baker were to only win one playoff game in his career, he would be a success to the Browns. Definitely not true
OK

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didnt word that right. The first part of your post is correct. How about this, Murray has torched every defense he ever faced with the exception of army, well, he torched them too OUs defense just couldnt get off the field.

How bout this: Bama's defense is pretty fucking good for the college level?

So we agree :suds:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is true. Any QB that wins a playoff game for the Browns should automatically be given a bust in Canton.

Bernie Kosar likes the cut of your jib :nod:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now, this kid is going to be a huge bust. I'm not sold on a 5'10" one year college wonder QB being worth anywhere near a 1st round pick. People are quick to bring up Russell Wilson, but he is both an inch taller and heavier than Murray, had 3 years of solid college ball under his belt by the time he was drafted, and was a 3rd round pick. Wilson is among an extremely rare select few QB's that short to succeed at that high of a level, let alone what the expectations of a 1st overall pick should be in Murray.

Will Rosen work out in Miami? Maybe, maybe not, but that's really besides the point in all this. I could see Murray maybe having a decent/good start RG3 style or something, maybe even turning out to be a decent player overall. But a perennial top 3 QB like you'd be hoping for with a 1st rounder? I think the odds are stacked way against him. I have nothing against the guy or the Cards, so if he proves me wrong, I'll be completely fine with it. Just calling it like I see it.

I'll be happy to eat crow if he manages to prove this wrong for more than 1 season.

I think the line is pretty long with people thinking this will end badly for AZ. Back to Back top 10 draft picks at the QB position? This was probably the most daring move I've ever seen in 40+ yrs of watching the NFL.

I think the better comparison is the guy that played at OU the year before he did...Baker Mayfield...same OFC, same style of play. Yeah, I get that he's a little taller/bigger, but if you're under 6'3" playing QB in the NFL, you're short by NFL standards and will have issues finding passing lanes that 6'5" guys won't have nearly as much.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how a rookie QB being protected by rookie linemen would help his situation. AZ needs to look into adding solid vets to protect their franchise QB.

Though, I use the term franchise loosely here, as their last franchise QB is gone after one year.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you technically a bust when you literally die on the field after a linebacker easily comes through that piss-poor OL and breaks his tiny neck from the whiplash?
Think Jimmy G. That's an excellent example of a bust in the making.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will just guarantee he will win more playoff games in his career than Carson Palmer

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would almost consider his career a success based on last year alone.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their highest rated OLineman last year was D.J. Humphries and he was 66th. They did pick up Marcus Gilbert but they really had a chance to bolster this offensive line this year in the draft especially at the beginning of the 2nd round and didn't pull the trigger. You can have all the weapons you want around Kyler but if he doesn't have an OL he can only do so much. I think his legs will help him some but it's a lot different going from the OL he had in Oklahoma to now the worst OL in the NFL.