• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Call that Changed the Series

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only difference between NBA officiating and WWE officiating is sometimes WWE officials act like they were knocked unconscious.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres

There's a difference between injured and hurt.
I have no idea what Gasol is, but I'm assuming hurt.

The only Bull who I know who wouldn't play when just injured, who was medically cleared to play was Rose.
Gasol is a good player and one of the top forwards in the NBA, but he is more of a finesse player and every team needs that finesse player that moves with the wind and gets the job done, but neither Derek Rose nor Pau Gasol are body bangers and Gasol is an aging player that is slowing down. Good player though, but the Lakers got the best out of his career already. The Bulls will get only the left overs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that all Pau has is an 18 footer, then I'm not sure how to help you because you clearly have never seen him play.

Not all, but this isnt the younger Gasol on Memphis or LA. This is an aging Gasol, his go-to is the 18 footer. Not as physical inside with the younger, athletic guys. He can still rebound with them just not the same.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all, but this isnt the younger Gasol on Memphis or LA. This is an aging Gasol, his go-to is the 18 footer. Not as physical inside with the younger, athletic guys. He can still rebound with them just not the same.

Actually, he prefers to play inside, that was his beef with D'Antoni in his last 2 years with the Lakers. D'Antoni kept trying to turn him into a "stretch 4" and that's not how he plays.

The 18 footer isn't his "go to" and never has been. The fact that he can hit it is part of what makes him so effective. He's also one of the best passing bigs in the game and does well drawing the defense to him and then finding an open teammate.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Changed the series :L

How about you didn't take advantage of JR out for the first two games. And Shump hurt too. Oh and this guy named Love. And when yall blew it in game 4 after our horrendous 3 quarter. Or we're just the better team.

This ref scapegoating is really getting to me. We got hosed on a few calls down the stretch today but you didn't see me bitching about it one bit. Let's stop the ref complaining please and thank you.

I hate the Cavs with a passion and wish the Bulls could pull this out. But given all of the factors Sgt. Brutus has brought up, there's absolutely no reason that the Bulls should be down 3-2 in this series. Absolutely pathetic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst calls I ever saw. There was wrong doing on both players(Bulls player was wrong and Cavs player was wrong). Cavs get the call and it turned into a 5pt play. Flagrant 2(Gibson only)and a 3. Guess what Cavs won by a close game. Just sad.

Just bad by the Refs. Its ashamed even with Replay they still can't get the call right. Even LBJ was acting out what Delladova did and laughing about it. LOL

OH well I guess just sad to see a good series get killed by a call like that. Bulls on to game 6.

(not saying Bulls would of won but it changed the whole game).

The best the Bulls have ever played in this series was for the stretch after the injury where they erased that lead.

And seriously- you know why Delly was pissed? because Gibson had just elbowed him in the face on a screen-which actually is whatever---- but the only reason they were on the ground in the first place is Gibson just put his arm in the back of Delly's neck and bulled him over- and then fell on top of him. ITs why in the interview after the game you hear Gibson saying "the refs didnt call a foul"- when it was the most obvious freaking foul in the world! Delly definitely was not innocent in the thing- but Gibson DEFINITELY was not just trying to simply loose his leg- if anyone even tries to say that they are crazy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part, but Cavs fans also need to stop with the Love and injury nonsense.
Gasol is out, that is prob a bigger loss for them then Love is for you.
Both teams have several other walking wounded.
Nobody wants to hear about poor Kyrie. He played 39 minutes yesterday.

People can go back and forth all day over reasons, but the same thing that has been the difference still is.
If Bulls had James they prob would have been in the Finals the last several years, but they don't..and they can't find a way to beat him 4/7.

If the Cavs would of had MJ, they would of had 6 ships. If Cleveland loses, no excuses even with injuries. But there is no excuse for the Bulls to lose, no excuse.

Except for the refs of course. :L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but it might be over in the Bulls favor.

The Cavs already played a full series without Love, they had a week to prepare, and all parties involved have pretty much stepped up.
Shump and Smith have both paid big dividends.
If Love is around, who knows how the minutes would have been split up, and/or if we see the good Love or bad Love?

Cavs had already played a full series without Love? what are you smoking?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shumpert really has impressed me with those jab step jumpers and some of his drives to the basket. Jr is just a shot maker....hes played well when he has played and needs to continue to do so...Delly is playing his best ball of the season it looks like- the Bulls are pretty much ignoring him though.

Jimmy Butler is a damn good player- he will def get the max. Cant say enough how much i am impressed with him.

Really surprised Snell has not gotten more run- he can make a three, defend, and make Kyrie work on defense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iman and Thompson have been Key for Cavs in their wins. LBJ only played well in 2 games and his role players are stepping up. If you mix LBJ having a good to great game and role players hitting shots Cavs won't be beat.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good team learns how to play past the bad calls, so that's bullshit. If the Bulls had played better, they wouldn't have needed the refs to help them out. I'm pretty sure there were other calls(there always are) that went in their favor that was just as bad. Blaming the refs is a cop out

A good team minus their sixth man. Dont you see? Its almost the same as putting Nazy Mohammed in the game to take out Thompson and get him ejected and allowing your team to pout about losing the rebounding advantage.

Bigger joke, next day they gave the little prick a technical, after the game was settled. It was stupid. Taj just came off knee and he just hurt his ankle in game 3 and a guy locks his livelihood, his leg up.

Free time out to set up the final play with James. People bitch that the bulls also got a free time out, well, I guess those never played organized basketball and realize the advantage to set up a play, and have enough time for LeRoy to "scrap" the play was yet another gift.

Lets not forget, when it was all over, some cavs came out and accepted congratulations from the bulls coaching staff and players, Leroy stood by the espn reporter and turned his back, not even giving Butler a bit of acceptance for the job he did.

NBA gets what they wanted. Drama in chicago, story in cleveland.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good team minus their sixth man. Dont you see? Its almost the same as putting Nazy Mohammed in the game to take out Thompson and get him ejected and allowing your team to pout about losing the rebounding advantage.

Bigger joke, next day they gave the little prick a technical, after the game was settled. It was stupid. Taj just came off knee and he just hurt his ankle in game 3 and a guy locks his livelihood, his leg up.

Free time out to set up the final play with James. People bitch that the bulls also got a free time out, well, I guess those never played organized basketball and realize the advantage to set up a play, and have enough time for LeRoy to "scrap" the play was yet another gift.

Lets not forget, when it was all over, some cavs came out and accepted congratulations from the bulls coaching staff and players, Leroy stood by the espn reporter and turned his back, not even giving Butler a bit of acceptance for the job he did.

Because of the injuries and suspension that the Cavs suffered (no Love, no JR for 2 games, Kyrie hobbled) and Lebron playing like hot garbage for much of the series, the Bulls had a clear advantage in at least 4 of the 6 games.

The refs had absolutely nothing to do with the Bulls losing this series. The Bulls not stepping up and playing well when they had the advantage is why they lost this series.

I wanted the Bulls to win this too. Gasol is my favorite player, I also like Taj and Noah and I can't stand Lebron. But it's time to quit blaming refs and give the Cavs the credit they deserve and give the Bulls the criticism that they deserve.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shumpert really has impressed me with those jab step jumpers and some of his drives to the basket. Jr is just a shot maker....hes played well when he has played and needs to continue to do so...Delly is playing his best ball of the season it looks like- the Bulls are pretty much ignoring him though.

Jimmy Butler is a damn good player- he will def get the max. Cant say enough how much i am impressed with him.

Really surprised Snell has not gotten more run- he can make a three, defend, and make Kyrie work on defense.

I think everyone knew that Shump would help the Cavs defensively, but his offense has to be a bit of a pleasant surprise (not that he can't play offense, but he's known for his D) for Cavs fans. Imo, he was a bit of the "unsung hero" in this series.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about what changed the series, not a pity party. It sucks that these refs are not being held to a higher standard. It usually goes right down hill so those that got calls might just not get those calls down the line. Why does it always seem to be about what teams get or get away with instead of just the game?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about what changed the series, not a pity party. It sucks that these refs are not being held to a higher standard. It usually goes right down hill so those that got calls might just not get those calls down the line. Why does it always seem to be about what teams get or get away with instead of just the game?

That call didn't change the series. The Bulls not pressing their advantages and the Cavs role players stepping up is what changed the series.

Bad calls happen. If a team can't overcome them, then they don't deserve to win.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a game of chance no matter how much skill is involved. Lebron is still the best player in the NBA and that's the bottom line. I didn't think the Bulls could win it and they didn't, but they played as good as they could and if they could go one man deeper in the off season, they would have a legitimate chance. I just don't think they were deep enough

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in your mind the out of bounds/timeout situation effected the game, but the missed call (noah jumping on LeBron) didn't?

Or what about the jimmy butler travel late in game 3 right before Drose buzzer beater?

There were missed calls both ways.

LeBron couldn't for the life of him hit an open jumper. He shot something like 8% from three and 40% for the series. Love was out. JR missed two games. Kyrie played hurt in 4 and missed most of 1 game.

The fact that the bulls couldn't take advantage of all these things that were HEAVILY in their favor had nothing to do with the refs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in your mind the out of bounds/timeout situation effected the game, but the missed call (noah jumping on LeBron) didn't?

Or what about the jimmy butler travel late in game 3 right before Drose buzzer beater?

There were missed calls both ways.

LeBron couldn't for the life of him hit an open jumper. He shot something like 8% from three and 40% for the series. Love was out. JR missed two games. Kyrie played hurt in 4 and missed most of 1 game.

The fact that the bulls couldn't take advantage of all these things that were HEAVILY in their favor had nothing to do with the refs.
This is really it all together because for every bad call made on one team, there is another on the other side. You learn to play past the bad calls and move on if you want to win and yes sometimes a team gets lucky, but as they say, The winner advances and loser bitches and whines, so the only real question here would the Bulls fans like some cheese to go with their whine?:pound:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs are human and make bad calls.
Judgement calls suck for fans, but that is the human element for 99% of calls.

But, they do need to have a higher standard with replays and ejections. I agree with that sentiment.

If they are going to use replay, they better get the call flawless not halfassed and seemingly arbitrary.

Sure, but the NBA has leaned towards helping offenses.... it's been like that for a while now... It's pathetic really..