• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Call that Changed the Series

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst calls I ever saw. There was wrong doing on both players(Bulls player was wrong and Cavs player was wrong). Cavs get the call and it turned into a 5pt play. Flagrant 2(Gibson only)and a 3. Guess what Cavs won by a close game. Just sad.

Just bad by the Refs. Its ashamed even with Replay they still can't get the call right. Even LBJ was acting out what Delladova did and laughing about it. LOL

OH well I guess just sad to see a good series get killed by a call like that. Bulls on to game 6.

(not saying Bulls would of won but it changed the whole game).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson was wrong with what he did. I certainly support it since I dislike the Cavs. But why only the Bulls were punished is beyond me. Win game 6 and it's a different story.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst calls I ever saw. There was wrong doing on both players(Bulls player was wrong and Cavs player was wrong). Cavs get the call and it turned into a 5pt play. Flagrant 2(Gibson only)and a 3. Guess what Cavs won by a close game. Just sad.

Just bad by the Refs. Its ashamed even with Replay they still can't get the call right. Even LBJ was acting out what Delladova did and laughing about it. LOL

OH well I guess just sad to see a good series get killed by a call like that. Bulls on to game 6.

That's a little extreme, but I didn't see a kick to Delladova to hurt him, I saw a kick to get his foot free from Delladova locking legs around Tajs foot. The NBA referees are a joke though. They blow several calls a game. It's turned the NBA into a league where you win if you have a player that can draw fouls on respect alone.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs are human and make bad calls.
Judgement calls suck for fans, but that is the human element for 99% of calls.

But, they do need to have a higher standard with replays and ejections. I agree with that sentiment.

If they are going to use replay, they better get the call flawless not halfassed and seemingly arbitrary.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
making that mistake with the benefit of replay is awful. it didn't change the series imo. bulls have several chances to tie that game and messed up on numerous occasions. taj or no taj u have to get that rebound

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
making that mistake with the benefit of replay is awful. it didn't change the series imo. bulls have several chances to tie that game and messed up on numerous occasions. taj or no taj u have to get that rebound

Absolutely shitty call but didn't change the series. Series was changed when the Bulls choked in the 4th of game 4

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good team learns how to play past the bad calls, so that's bullshit. If the Bulls had played better, they wouldn't have needed the refs to help them out. I'm pretty sure there were other calls(there always are) that went in their favor that was just as bad. Blaming the refs is a cop out

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Changed the series :L

How about you didn't take advantage of JR out for the first two games. And Shump hurt too. Oh and this guy named Love. And when yall blew it in game 4 after our horrendous 3 quarter. Or we're just the better team.

This ref scapegoating is really getting to me. We got hosed on a few calls down the stretch today but you didn't see me bitching about it one bit. Let's stop the ref complaining please and thank you.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest blunder of this series was thibs lineup to start the 4th. brooks, hinrich, niko, taj, and noah. down 4 turned into down 10 in about 40 seconds.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about you didn't take advantage of JR out for the first two games. And Shump hurt too. Oh and this guy named Love. And when yall blew it in game 4 after our horrendous 3 quarter. Or we're just the better team.

This ref scapegoating is really getting to me. We got hosed on a few calls down the stretch today but you didn't see me bitching about it one bit. Let's stop the ref complaining please and thank you.
Yeah. Let's just focus on the series. It's still going to be a close one, but with the Cavs up 3-2, I don't foresee them losing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could give a flagrant to Delly, but for putting his legs around his foot after he got elbowed and knocked down hard. No.

Then Taj kicks him. If you kick a player you will ejected. That is just disrespectful. If they didnt throw him out, shit could of gotten real bad. That is the last thing the NBA wants

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've been a double tech to Delly and Gibson, IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if the league downgrades Gibson's Flagrant 2 (as of now he's at 3 points... 1 more flagrant and he gets automatic suspension) and/or issues flagrant/fine to Delly.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree for the most part, but Cavs fans also need to stop with the Love and injury nonsense.
Gasol is out, that is prob a bigger loss for them then Love is for you.
Both teams have several other walking wounded.
Nobody wants to hear about poor Kyrie. He played 39 minutes yesterday.

People can go back and forth all day over reasons, but the same thing that has been the difference still is.
If Bulls had James they prob would have been in the Finals the last several years, but they don't..and they can't find a way to beat him 4/7.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've been a double tech to Delly and Gibson, IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if the league downgrades Gibson's Flagrant 2 (as of now he's at 3 points... 1 more flagrant and he gets automatic suspension) and/or issues flagrant/fine to Delly.

True. The leg lock was just as 'violent' as his 'kick'.

And Cavs fans, why is Delly lntentionally locking up his leg any different then Love intentionally getting his arm locked up (if thats what you believe happened)?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was about the phantom call on Duncan vs CP3 that, after the make-up call on the other end, gave the Clips the last shot of the series instead of the Spurs having the legitimate last shot of the series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L Just stop. If the Bulls didn't want to lose, they shouldn't have let the Cavs get a 17 point lead.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Cavs fans, why is Delly lntentionally locking up his leg any different then Love intentionally getting his arm locked up (if thats what you believe happened)?
No different, IMO, except that - fortunately - neither Gibson nor Delly were injured on the play. Like I kept saying with the Boston series... the outcome of your dangerous action matters.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part, but Cavs fans also need to stop with the Love and injury nonsense.
Gasol is out, that is prob a bigger loss for them then Love is for you.
Both teams have several other walking wounded.
Nobody wants to hear about poor Kyrie. He played 39 minutes yesterday.

People can go back and forth all day over reasons, but the same thing that has been the difference still is.
If Bulls had James they prob would have been in the Finals the last several years, but they don't..and they can't find a way to beat him 4/7.

:laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then what about the elbow to the back of Delly.