• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Blakers

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of the black uniforms?

To me, they don't look that good (rather garish) and I find the fact that the Lakers would resort to this gimmick to be a little sad. It's the kind of move that one would expect from organizations (yes, including the Suns) that don't possess all those championships and all that institutional credibility to fall back on. Surely, the Lakers are not starved for revenue or media attention, even in a down year.

At some point, you have to look beyond the latest fashion trend, both business-wise and aesthetically.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their so so I don think there as bad as people make it seemed, but maybe wearing the Jersey with some nice gear & matching shoes on a sunny day in LA could look good on me, with some bling bling :laugh3:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Suns fan talking about jerseys.... classic.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I indicated that the Suns had made some dubious choices, too.

I feel like it's only natural that the Lakers would follow suit behind other teams in the league once the black jerseys were introduced, I don't know why you're making a big deal out of something that was already being sold for years. Unless you're not serious.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it's only natural that the Lakers would follow suit behind other teams in the league once the black jerseys were introduced, I don't know why you're making a big deal out of something that was already being sold for years. Unless you're not serious.

Selling them is one thing, wearing them on the court is something else. Do you think that the Yankees will be wearing red "NY" caps on the field next year?

https://www.google.com/search?q=yankees+red+caps&rlz=1C2ECSA_enUS464US464&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=5wzFUs3yBou4yAGVn4Bo&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=678

I wasn't making a big deal about it so much as wondering how Laker fans felt and giving my own two cents simultaneously. You'll also find that many Suns' fans do not like the 'blackening' of the the team's logo and the elimination of purple—in favor of black—in Phoenix's home uniforms and court. Certainly, I don't care for those decisions.

As for the Suns' black alternate road uniforms from the fall of 1994 to the spring of 2000, at least the idea proved rather novel when Phoenix introduced it: I don't think any other major professional sports team had used black for an alternate uniform before the Suns. Plus, it meshed dynamically with the team's color scheme.

If the Lakers are now joining the trend, they're doing so at a time when some franchises are recovering their common sense and returning to their historical traditions. The Toronto Blue Jays, Houston Astros, New York Mets, and Utah Jazz, for example, have recently abandoned black, as did the Cleveland Cavaliers a decade ago.

But if you're fine with the Lakers acting like Expansion Franchise XYZ, that's fine. Obviously, there is some diversity of opinion among the fan base.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After further review................I still don't like the black uni's!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can wear pink uniforms if they'd just win.

That being said, I don't mind the Black uniforms although I'd prefer if the Lakers just stick to the Purple and Gold.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling them is one thing, wearing them on the court is something else. Do you think that the Yankees will be wearing red "NY" caps on the field next year?

https://www.google.com/search?q=yankees+red+caps&rlz=1C2ECSA_enUS464US464&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=5wzFUs3yBou4yAGVn4Bo&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=678

I wasn't making a big deal about it so much as wondering how Laker fans felt and giving my own two cents simultaneously. You'll also find that many Suns' fans do not like the 'blackening' of the the team's logo and the elimination of purple—in favor of black—in Phoenix's home uniforms and court. Certainly, I don't care for those decisions.

As for the Suns' black alternate road uniforms from the fall of 1994 to the spring of 2000, at least the idea proved rather novel when Phoenix introduced it: I don't think any other major professional sports team had used black for an alternate uniform before the Suns. Plus, it meshed dynamically with the team's color scheme.

If the Lakers are now joining the trend, they're doing so at a time when some franchises are recovering their common sense and returning to their historical traditions. The Toronto Blue Jays, Houston Astros, New York Mets, and Utah Jazz, for example, have recently abandoned black, as did the Cleveland Cavaliers a decade ago.

But if you're fine with the Lakers acting like Expansion Franchise XYZ, that's fine. Obviously, there is some diversity of opinion among the fan base.

I think the Heat were one of the first ones to start using black jerseys and my guess is that they were popular and other franchises around the league are following trying to get more jerseys sold. I'm not particularly a huge fan of them, I think they're nice, but at the end of the day I don't think it matters very much. My vote is apathetic.

I have not liked any of the Suns jerseys in recent memory, including the newest design. I think they have a terrible color scheme, although it is unique. The Nets went out and got Black and White, I think you guys could have thought of something better.

They can wear pink uniforms if they'd just win.

That being said, I don't mind the Black uniforms although I'd prefer if the Lakers just stick to the Purple and Gold.

I agree with this. And don't the Yankees wear a red cap on the 4th of July? So technically they have marched out onto the field with red caps.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has wanted a black road uni for a long time. I think they are cool for a game or two but the original ain't broke so don't fix it... :nod:

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. And don't the Yankees wear a red cap on the 4th of July? So technically they have marched out onto the field with red caps.

To my knowledge, the Yankees have only worn an alternative cap on the Fourth of July in the sense that all major league teams have been wearing some league-mandated alternative recently. But I don't think that they've gone out there were those red caps/uniforms.