• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Fant's dad is complaining about how Iowa is using him.

Noah Fant has the most receptions on the team this season.
3rd in receiving yards this season, the other TE is 1st.
Has 5 TDs this season on a team with 9 receiving TDs.

Yeah, how horrible it is how they use him.

I can feel the down draft of the helicopter from here as dash wooshes in to defend junior's entitlement.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually kind of nervous about the Iowa in their game at Indiana.

Iowa's DBs are banged up. They started 2 freshman vs Minnesota. Now, Indiana has no WRs that are high in the B1G stats, but Ramsey has good stats.

Iowa has one of the top defensive fronts in the country. But if Ramsey can get the ball out in time, it might be trouble for Iowa's defense. And if they get the LBs too involved in pass coverage, Stevie Scott could get some good runs.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 5

1. Ohio State (7-0, 4-0) - LW 1 - The Buckeyes did not play their best game against the Gophers, but they did pull away in the 4th quarter. They are the only team in the B1G to score 300 points this season. Dwayne Haskins is shredding defenses apart as he has 550 more passing yards and over 2x more passing TDs than the 2nd leading passer in the B1G.
2. Michigan (6-1, 4-0) - LW 2 - The Wolverines dominated the Badgers in the Big House and Taylor just barely reached 100 yards rushing on them. Michigan's 156-61 win margin vs B1G opponents is the largest in the conference. They have also held B1G opponents to the fewest points.
3. Iowa (5-1, 2-1) - LW 5 - Nate Stanley threw 6 touchdowns to 5 different receivers and tight ends against the Hoosiers. Iowa is the only B1G team to not allow 100 points this season. Iowa is actually closer to #7 than they are to #2 right now.
4. Michigan State (4-2, 2-1) - LW 8 - The Spartans make up ground after their home loss to Northwestern by going into striped Beaver Stadium and defeating PSU. They are #1 in the nation in allowed rushing yards per game.
5. Penn State (4-2, 1-2) - LW 3 - Last week, PSU almost knocked off the conference's top team. This week, they fell for the 2nd straight week at Beaver Stadium. McSorley is a very dangerous dual threat QB and Miles Sanders is B1G's #3 leading rusher.
6. Wisconsin (4-2, 2-1) - LW 4 - Jonathan Taylor keeps his 100+ rushing yards streak alive, barely. That is about the only good thing you can say about the Badgers in the Big House. A close loss wouldn't have dropped them very far. Losing by 25 does.
7. Maryland (4-2, 2-1) - LW 6 - What a roller coaster the Terps have been on this season. Beating Texas, losing to Temple, dominating Minnesota, being dominated by Michigan, and now dominating Rutgers. Even though they won by 27, they do not pass Wisconsin or Penn State after their losses. If they beat Iowa, they could make a good jump though.
8. Northwestern (3-3, 3-1) - LW 7 - Their 10-point win at East Lansing looks even more impressive now if you see what Michigan State did. If you see how Northwestern played, you would think they struggled getting out of bed from being hung over. They are the first team on this list to allow more points this season then they have scored.
8. Purdue (3-3, 2-1) - LW 10 - The Boilermakers are the only B1G West team to reach 200 points this season. They also have scored more points than any team with only 3 B1G games. Out of the starting QBs, David Blough's passing YPA is only beaten by Haskins.
10. Indiana (4-3, 1-3) - LW 9 - It is tough to gauge how good or bad the Hoosiers are this season. They have lost 3 of their four B1G games to the #1, #3, and #4 on this list by a combined score 126-63 and beaten the #14 team by 7 points.
11. Minnesota (3-3, 0-3) - LW 11 - The Gophers are finding out that results do not care about injuries, as they have lost 3 consecutive games, allowing 30+ points in each. They didn't allow 30 points in their first 3 games combined.
12. Illinois (3-3, 1-2) - LW 12 - Illinois has lost 3 of last 4 games and that 1 win was vs Rutgers. Purdue beat them by 39 points, same as Penn State. It won't look any better for them as they face Wisconsin next week.
13. Nebraska (0-6, 0-4) - LW 13 - The Huskers have a victory in the palm of their hands and dropped it. They scored season high 31 points and allowed the lowest vs B1G opponent. If Adrian Martinez stays healthy, he could be a great QB by the time he is an upperclassman.
14. Rutgers (1-6, 0-4) - LW 14 - In PF for this season, Rutgers is #14. In PA for the season, Rutgers is #14. In PF vs B1G, Rutgers is #14. In PA vs B1G, Rutgers is #14.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Ohio State team just leaves me with a lackluster feeling, much like the 2015 team. But this time it's the defense and not the offense that does it. Can't help the feeling that this garbage pass defense is going to lose us a game against a team we should beat.

Purdue legitimately scares me this week, their defense isnt very good but their offense is pretty much built to gash this secondary.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Ohio State team just leaves me with a lackluster feeling, much like the 2015 team. But this time it's the defense and not the offense that does it. Can't help the feeling that this garbage pass defense is going to lose us a game against a team we should beat.

Purdue legitimately scares me this week, their defense isnt very good but their offense is pretty much built to gash this secondary.
I think you guys win but you're right to be worried. I'll say 45-33 OSU

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys win but you're right to be worried. I'll say 45-33 OSU

I'm not even joking when I say this. We may have lost to Minnesota with the JT Barrett 30 runs a game offense. Haskins and the passing attack is the only reason we won that game.

I'll add the rushing game to my list of worries, it has not been consistent at all.

Rondale Moore is liable to go for 200+ the way we tackle and play in space on defense.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least we won't have to watch JT Barrett suck with the offense in a loss anymore, but I get the same feeling you do about this defense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for OSU is there's probably only 2 defenses in the league who can even hope to dliw your offense down a bit and neither of those teams has a good enough passing attack to take advantage of your secondary is

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for OSU is there's probably only 2 defenses in the league who can even hope to dliw your offense down a bit and neither of those teams has a good enough passing attack to take advantage of your secondary is

I'd say about any passing attack can take advantage of our secondary if they do it right.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say about any passing attack can take advantage of our secondary if they do it right.

I'd put just as much blame on the linebackers as the secondary. The LBs had no clue how to handle read option against Minnesota. They were running all over the place and leaving wide open lanes in the middle of the field. How many times did they complete that stupid short slant

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put just as much blame on the linebackers as the secondary. The LBs had no clue how to handle read option against Minnesota. They were running all over the place and leaving wide open lanes in the middle of the field. How many times did they complete that stupid short slant
This week is scary game for OSU. That Purdue offense is no joke with blough at QB and their DL is good even if the backend sucks

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week is scary game for OSU. That Purdue offense is no joke with blough at QB and their DL is good even if the backend sucks

They'll get their points, but Blough is due for a turnover game. He's historically an INT machine but has managed to keep it down so far this year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally this state would be in an uproar over these unis.

But we're 0-6. Nobody fucking cares about alt uniforms this year.
Somebody was playing 4D chess.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally this state would be in an uproar over these unis.

But we're 0-6. Nobody fucking cares about alt uniforms this year.

Don’t look at it as 0-6. Look at it like Nebraska has the chance for a perfect season. (In Nebraska’s Case, it just so happens to be all losses)