• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. Minnesota (3-1, 0-1) - LW 4 - How much is Rodney Smith's injury affecting the Gophers? I think their loss says more to how good Maryland is over how bad Minnesota is.

Except now we've lost our best defender and return man for the rest of the season to a foot injury too. I'm not even sure we beat Illinois at this point, which is our most winnable game left.

1. Ohio St. (1)
2. Penn St. (2)

3. Wisconsin (3)
4. Michigan (4)

5. Michigan St. (5)

6. Iowa (6)

7. Indiana (8)
8. Northwestern (9)
9. Maryland (11)
10. Purdue (12)

11. Nebraska (7)
12. Minnesota (10)
13. Illinois (13)
14. Rutgers (14)

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week's games.

Central Mich @ MSU - Sparty should get rolling this week...
Indiana @ Rutgers - Rutgers isn't bad, they're awful... IU rolls
Purdue @ Nebraska - It's at Nebraska, but I don't think that's going to make much of a difference. Purdue by a TD or so.
Michigan @ Northwestern - Should be a good game, Michigan believes it found itself last week, and they just might have. Michigan by a FG or so
Ohio State @ Penn State - White out...something tells me that OSU is going to roll in this game.
Illinois vs the Bye - don't sleep on the bye
Minnesota bye
Iowa bye
Wisconsin bye
Maryland bye

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week's games.

Purdue @ Nebraska - It's at Nebraska, but I don't think that's going to make much of a difference. Purdue by a TD or so.
Michigan @ Northwestern - Should be a good game, Michigan believes it found itself last week, and they just might have. Michigan by a FG or so
Ohio State @ Penn State - White out...something tells me that OSU is going to roll in this game.
Minnesota bye
Iowa bye
Wisconsin bye
Maryland bye
Pretty much half the conference

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week's games.

Minnesota bye
Iowa bye
Wisconsin bye
Maryland bye

Have you seen NW? If Michigan doesnt cover the spread it's a pretty bad look for Michigan. Especially since NWs best offensive player just retired this week, their backup RB to him is averaging 1.8 YPC on the rare occasions he did get the ball.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen NW? If Michigan doesnt cover the spread it's a pretty bad look for Michigan. Especially since NWs best offensive player just retired this week, their backup RB to him is averaging 1.8 YPC on the rare occasions he did get the ball.
Yup...but while everything went right for Mich at home last week, something tells me it won't all go right for them this week. As an added bonus, NW doesn't usually beat themselves with stupid play like penalties and fumbles and other stupid shit.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup...but while everything went right for Mich at home last week, something tells me it won't all go right for them this week. As an added bonus, NW doesn't usually beat themselves with stupid play like penalties and fumbles and other stupid shit.

NW cant throw the ball and their defense isnt very good either. Only way this game should even be close is if Michigan has a landslide of turnovers and self inflicted breakdowns.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week's games.

Minnesota vs the Fighting Byes--the Fighting Byes win straight up in this one
Iowa bye
Wisconsin bye
Maryland bye

:fify:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has more passing touchdowns on Saturday - Dwayne Haskins or Trace McSorley?

O/U - David Blough throws 299.5 yards vs Nebraska

O/U - Clayton Thorson throws 2.5 TDs vs Michigan

O/U - Stevie Scott runs 149.5 yards vs Rutgers

O/U - Karan Higdon runs 99.5 yards vs Northwestern

O/U - Brian Lewerke throws .5 interceptions vs Central Michigan

O/U - Stanley Morgan receives 1.5 TDs vs Purdue

O/U - Rondale Moore receives 99.5 yards vs Neraska

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has more passing touchdowns on Saturday - Dwayne Haskins or Trace McSorley?

O/U - David Blough throws 299.5 yards vs Nebraska

O/U - Clayton Thorson throws 2.5 TDs vs Michigan

O/U - Stevie Scott runs 149.5 yards vs Rutgers

O/U - Karan Higdon runs 99.5 yards vs Northwestern

O/U - Brian Lewerke throws .5 interceptions vs Central Michigan

O/U - Stanley Morgan receives 1.5 TDs vs Purdue

O/U - Rondale Moore receives 99.5 yards vs Neraska
I’m taking the over on interceptions for Lewerke. More of a question whether it will be for 6 points or not.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 5

1. Ohio State (5-0, 2-0) - LW 1 - The Buckeyes made a 4th quarter rally to be PSU in front of their white-out crowd. They are the only team in the B1G who have not suffered a loss and one of two B1G teams to score 200 points this season.
2. Penn State (4-1, 1-1) - LW 2 - I am not going to drop the Nittany Lions for their loss. McSorley tore apart the Buckeye defense with his arm and legs and they were up by 2 scores in the 4th quarter. They have scored more than any other B1G team this season.
3. Michigan (4-1, 2-0) - LW 5 - .Since their 24-17 loss to Notre Dame, the Wolverines have not scored less than 20 points and have not allowed more than 20 points. Since their loss to ND, Michigan has outscored their opponents 170-50.
4. Wisconsin (3-1, 1-0) - LW 4 - I'll admit, the Badgers should have been above the Terps last week. Losing to BYU is not as bad as losing to Temple. Wisconsin has the the best RB in CFB, IMO. They have allowed the 2nd least amount of points among B1G teams.
5. Maryland (3-1, 1-0) - LW 3 - The Terps have the biggest OOC win this season, but that is wearing off as they have one of the worse OOC losses as well. They do have a strong QB and RB. When both Hill and Johnson are both on fire, they can almost shoot with anyone, but that is when they are both on fire.
6. Michigan State (3-1, 1-0) - LW 6 - MSU did dominated CMU, but that is not a surprise. Lewerke will need to improve is 5 TD/ 5 INT ratio if he wants to beat OSU, PSU, or Michigan. Or to not get upset.
7. Iowa (3-1, 0-1) - LW 7 - The Hawkeyes' offense have struggled early on, even to teams they should have blown out. Stanley looked a lot better vs Wisonsin than he did in the OOCs. Iowa has allowed the least amount of points from any B1G team.
8. Minnesota (3-1, 0-1) - LW 8 - Minnesota is a team that is playing well by playing fundamental football. They are definitely a team nobody wants to overlook
9. Indiana (4-1, 1-1) - LW 9 - Ramsey and Scott are a deadly duo in the Hoosier backfield. However, their only quality opponent (Michigan State) held them to 21 points.
10. Purdue (2-3, 1-1) - LW 11 - I would say it is safe to say the Boilermkers do not have a QB battle anymore. Blough has thrown 1,292 yards, 7 touchdowns, and 1 interception in the 3 games games that he has started. It helps to have a WR like Rondale Moore as well.
11. Illinois (2-2, 0-1) - LW 10 - Illinois is usually not this high on the power rankings. They are playing really well for their standards. If you haven't watched QB Rivers play yet, I would recommend it. He is fun to watch.
12. Northwestern (1-3, 1-1) - LW 12 - The Wildcats have struggled since beating B1G West opponent Purdue. They have had close losses for their record. Could they turn it around without Larking or will the pressure be too much for Thorson?
13. Nebraska (0-4, 0-2) - LW 13 - The Huskers are the only winless team in the B1G and have allowed the 2nd most points in the B1G.
14. Rutgers (1-4, 0-2) - LW 14 - Since their win in Week 1 vs Texas State, Rutgers have been outscored 173-47.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's by FAR the best avi now you've ever had. Can we just leave it there for the rest of the season? :noidea:
Well seeing how Ohio State has been playing I might not have a choice.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DosC8pWXkAAdu9Z.jpg

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Huskers fans - what happened to Tyjon Lindsey? I thought he was going to be really good and remember being ticked when he flipped from the Buckeyes.

Now, he's gonzo and transferring? WTF?