• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The best team in football right now is...

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't see that much separation from the top 5 or 6 teams

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say without specifics.....Best Offense, Pittsburgh #1 Cincy #2, go AFCN.....Best Defense, Denver, most complete teams KC/Panthers.
Most dangerous teams for playoffs, Pitts/KC

If Ben stays healthy and they get in, my money is on them......That O is flat out scary, they can score from anywhere at anytime....

Go Ravens.....
View attachment 62775
So the team that leads the league in yards and scoring are not a top offense.

And the team that is number one in offensive scoring and offensive yards and number 5 in total defense and number 4 in defensive scoring are not a top complete team.

I get you have an AFC bias just like I have a bias toward the Cards, but I can absolutely say, without bias, you are crazy.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the team that leads the league in yards and scoring are not a top offense.

And the team that is number one in offensive scoring and offensive yards and number 5 in total defense and number 4 in defensive scoring are not a top complete team.

I get you have an AFC bias just like I have a bias toward the Cards, but I can absolutely say, without bias, you are crazy.

I picked the Cards and Panthers to play the NFCCG, nothing against them, but we're not talking about stats....
The question was; who is the best team right now, and I pointed out that's hard to do without specifics....
Going by record and stats you'd have to say the Panthers, but that means little to the playoffs which is the ultimate test.....
And the hot team going into them will be the one with the best chance to win it all....I like the Cards chances, I just pointed out a few specifics to consider going into the playoffs...
But if you think Carson and co are as good an Offense as Pitts, it's you that's crazy my friend....
There's gonna be 12 good teams heading into this thing, I think Pitts, KC, Cincy could beat any NFC team this yr in a SB..

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Cards and Panthers to play the NFCCG, nothing against them, but we're not talking about stats....
The question was; who is the best team right now, and I pointed out that's hard to do without specifics....
Going by record and stats you'd have to say the Panthers, but that means little to the playoffs which is the ultimate test.....
And the hot team going into them will be the one with the best chance to win it all....I like the Cards chances, I just pointed out a few specifics to consider going into the playoffs...
But if you think Carson and co are as good an Offense as Pitts, it's you that's crazy my friend....
There's gonna be 12 good teams heading into this thing, I think Pitts, KC, Cincy could beat any NFC team this yr in a SB..
I get it. It's your opinion, which is cool.

BTW- I think the Cards offense is every bit as good as Pitts and I would love to get another shot at them in the SB. :suds:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now there are 6 teams that are legitimate SB contenders.

NE
Cincy
Den
Arizona
Carolina
Seattle

Pittsburgh needs to shore up its defense if it is going to have any chance. And they can't let Ben get knocked around all game long. Green Bay needs to get out of its funk. AFC South and NFC East division champs are speed bumps as are the Viking.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, the league is very top heavy this year. This should be one of the best years for Playoffs in a while. There is no runaway team in either division. To my thinking there are 6 to 8 teams playing excellent football right now and it would be foolish to dismiss any of them. Conversely it is foolish to declare any team a sure thing for the SB.
Completely agree. In my mind, I wouldn't be shocked if any of eight teams ended up winning the Super Bowl this year. In the AFC, Denver, New England, Pittsburg, Cincinnati are all capable enough; and in the NFC, Arizona, Carolina, Green Bay, and Seattle are.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. In my mind, I wouldn't be shocked if any of eight teams ended up winning the Super Bowl this year. In the AFC, Denver, New England, Pittsburg, Cincinnati are all capable enough; and in the NFC, Arizona, Carolina, Green Bay, and Seattle are.
Green Bay needs to play a lot better to be in a SB convo IMO.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay needs to play a lot better to be in a SB convo IMO.
Agree, because of their recent play. But until I see it happen, I can't quite discount them from putting things together for a playoff run.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has the best offense in the NFL and a Top 5 defense. Only Carolina is in their neighborhood when it comes to overall resume in the NFC. Anything can happen in the playoffs if a team gets hot, but that's exactly what would need to happen for SEA, MN, GB...they are just a paygrade below AZ and CAR when it comes to resume and overall performance this year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has the best offense in the NFL and a Top 5 defense. Only Carolina is in their neighborhood when it comes to overall resume in the NFC. Anything can happen in the playoffs if a team gets hot, but that's exactly what would need to happen for SEA, MN, GB...they are just a paygrade below AZ and CAR when it comes to resume and overall performance this year.
You speak as though the year is over.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as fan rankings go, you're probably right. But when the playoffs start and everyone starts out even, it will be about which teams have the talent, experience, coaching, playmakers, will, and luck to be the better team that day.

In other words, there no real higher and lower for any team fitting that description. Can a team put all of that together on any given game day? And arguably at least eight likely playoff teams will fit that description (nine if Kansas City is included).

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. It's your opinion, which is cool.

BTW- I think the Cards offense is every bit as good as Pitts and I would love to get another shot at them in the SB. :suds:

That would be a good one !!:nod:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, the 2 time NFC champions who were one play away from being back to back Super Bowl winners does not have the resume of the Arizona Cardinals or Carolina Panthers? That's your argument?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, the 2 time NFC champions who were one play away from being back to back Super Bowl winners does not have the resume of the Arizona Cardinals or Carolina Panthers? That's your argument?

This year...in 2015...yes, that's my argument. It's based on THIS season. Not what happened two years ago, or last year, when AZ had Ryan Lindley.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now there are 6 teams that are legitimate SB contenders.

NE
Cincy
Den
Arizona
Carolina
Seattle

Pittsburgh needs to shore up its defense if it is going to have any chance. And they can't let Ben get knocked around all game long. Green Bay needs to get out of its funk. AFC South and NFC East division champs are speed bumps as are the Viking.

Noted, but you left out KC, who is hotter than bacon grease and won like their last 6 in a row.
And I know Pitts is not quite in the box right now, but are pounding on the door....
"If" they get in, and I believe they will if Ben stays healthy, That O can beat any team in the league....
Hey, they are our biggest rival so I know them almost as well as their own fans......
I don't think anyone wants to see them boys in the playoffs....No'sir !! :nono:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You speak as though the year is over.

No, I thought I was pretty clear that GB-MN-SEA could beat AZ or CAR in the playoffs. Anything can happen. But since we were talking about who was the best team...this year...it's clearly been AZ and CAR. The others just haven't been as good (esp when Seattle's "7-5" is really 6-6 if you take the refs out of the equation)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year...in 2015...yes, that's my argument. It's based on THIS season. Not what happened two years ago, or last year, when AZ had Ryan Lindley.

What does resume even mean then? Just another way of saying better record?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The others just haven't been as good (esp when Seattle's "7-5" is really 6-6 if you take the refs out of the equation)

Really. Blaming the refs again?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really. Blaming the refs again?

Resume means their body of work and certainly includes W-L record. You don't think that's relevant? I'd say it's the most relevant thing there is (teams play to win, not amass fantasy stats). But you could add stats to the equation in close cases as well. 10-2 and 7-5 (6-6, really) aren't really that close.

And if you'd like to take the position that the refs had nothing to do with the Seahawks escaping with a "win" against the mighty Lions...that pretty much says it all. I mean, really? It's pretty much a consensus outside Seattle the Lions got screwed, and I've even seen a few objective SEA fans concede as much.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resume means their body of work and certainly includes W-L record. You don't think that's relevant? I'd say it's the most relevant thing there is (teams play to win, not amass fantasy stats). But you could add stats to the equation in close cases as well. 10-2 and 7-5 (6-6, really) aren't really that close.

Sure. Ok. Record is all that matters to you. That's fine.

And if you'd like to take the position that the refs had nothing to do with the Seahawks escaping with a "win" against the mighty Lions...that pretty much says it all. I mean, really? It's pretty much a consensus outside Seattle the Lions got screwed, and I've even seen a few objective SEA fans concede as much.

I think that people like to whine about an obscure rule that had no material impact on the play could have gifted the Lions another chance to score but that it was both far from certain that they would and far from certain that the Seahawks would not have scored again.

If that is how you define the refs screwing a team, I can see why you are always blaming the refs for everything.