• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The best team in football right now is...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I thought I was pretty clear that GB-MN-SEA could beat AZ or CAR in the playoffs.

You'll be taking one of those teams off your list of teams that can beat Arizona after Thursday I bet.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I thought I was pretty clear that GB-MN-SEA could beat AZ or CAR in the playoffs. Anything can happen. But since we were talking about who was the best team...this year...it's clearly been AZ and CAR. The others just haven't been as good (esp when Seattle's "7-5" is really 6-6 if you take the refs out of the equation)
Relax, Seattle will rise to the occasion as that team has been the class of the NFCW since it arrived. You sound completely out of touch putting Seattle in the same group as GB-MN.
Maybe you missed Sunday's game against the Vikes...OOPS. The refs gave us that one too. Damn, does that make Seattle 5-7? It confusing the way you count wins.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I thought I was pretty clear that GB-MN-SEA could beat AZ or CAR in the playoffs. Anything can happen. But since we were talking about who was the best team...this year...it's clearly been AZ and CAR. The others just haven't been as good (esp when Seattle's "7-5" is really 6-6 if you take the refs out of the equation)
Oh stop. that is as foolish as suggesting The Beagles could beat the Pats in a regular season game.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC- (rankings come playoff time, order of who I'd fear the most)
1. AZ
2. CAR
3. SEA
4. GB
5. Minny

AFC-
1. Pats (even w/ injuries)
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Broncos
5. Chiefs

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Ok. Record is all that matters to you. That's fine.

I think that people like to whine about an obscure rule that had no material impact on the play could have gifted the Lions another chance to score but that it was both far from certain that they would and far from certain that the Seahawks would not have scored again.

If that is how you define the refs screwing a team, I can see why you are always blaming the refs for everything.

Easy to be a critic. Need to work on reading comprehension. Read it again. I did not say W-L is "ALL" that matters. It is the "most relevant" (presumes other things could be relevant, and I actually provide examples). I'm not sure why this is so complicated?

Either way, you never answered the question. Do you find W-L record to be relevant in assessing a team's resume this season? If not, what factors would you use?

Lions got screwed. It's too absurd to debate. You sound like a delusional homer. Sorry.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, Seattle will rise to the occasion as that team has been the class of the NFCW since it arrived. You sound completely out of touch putting Seattle in the same group as GB-MN.
Maybe you missed Sunday's game against the Vikes...OOPS. The refs gave us that one too. Damn, does that make Seattle 5-7? It confusing the way you count wins.

Your argument fails when you attribute things I never said to make your point. Seattle crushed Minnesota, bad calls or not. The Lions game the bad call mattered...not the Vikings.

Why is it out of touch to put Seattle in the same group as GB? GB beat Seattle this year. Seattle has looked great for two weeks and you think that should erase the fact that GB beat them, AZ smacked them in their house, the Bengals beat them, and they almost lost to the LIONS at home. They also beat Dallas (without Romo) by 1 POINT. In a way, you could argue they are lucky to be grouped with Green Bay.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument fails when you attribute things I never said to make your point. Seattle crushed Minnesota, bad calls or not. The Lions game the bad call mattered...not the Vikings.

Why is it out of touch to put Seattle in the same group as GB? GB beat Seattle this year. Seattle has looked great for two weeks and you think that should erase the fact that GB beat them, AZ smacked them in their house, the Bengals beat them, and they almost lost to the LIONS at home. They also beat Dallas (without Romo) by 1 POINT. In a way, you could argue they are lucky to be grouped with Green Bay.
Don't forget you put Seattle in the same group as Minny (who has more wins that the Seahawks) as well and you may use that as proof of your lack to understand how this game works.
Last 6 games GB is 2-4. Last 6 games Seattle is 5-1. You are foolish to suggest these 2 teams are in similar company. Read the GB boards and their fans will illuminate how weak their team is. You look only at win loss record but fail to see any season improvement, momentum, or team regression by doing so. It is obvious.
Seattle fans have regained their confidence as our revamped OL has just started to play together. Be advised, the Seahawks are back.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget you put Seattle in the same group as Minny (who has more wins that the Seahawks) as well and you may use that as proof of your lack to understand how this game works.
Last 6 games GB is 2-4. Last 6 games Seattle is 5-1. You are foolish to suggest these 2 teams are in similar company. Read the GB boards and their fans will illuminate how weak their team is. You look only at win loss record but fail to see any season improvement, momentum, or team regression by doing so. It is obvious.
Seattle fans have regained their confidence as our revamped OL has just started to play together. Be advised, the Seahawks are back.

I didn't mention MN because I knew that would be an exercise in futility since you just beat them. I chose GB because it was the far more obvious team to make the point.

I do grasp all those things. Some teams look much better in the second half of the season and Seattle has tended to be one of those, this year included. But, the Arizona game was not that long ago. The Seahawks being "back" doesn't scare me. I've said for a few years an Arizona team with Palmer actually playing is superior to SEA. And he's won TWICE in "the hardest place to play in the NFL." It's odd how the 12th man insists they have a special environment it's impossible to win in...then poo poos teams that do just that.

Palmer absolutely dissected the Seattle secondary. Do you agree?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention MN because I knew that would be an exercise in futility since you just beat them. I chose GB because it was the far more obvious team to make the point.

I do grasp all those things. Some teams look much better in the second half of the season and Seattle has tended to be one of those, this year included. But, the Arizona game was not that long ago. The Seahawks being "back" doesn't scare me. I've said for a few years an Arizona team with Palmer actually playing is superior to SEA. And he's won TWICE in "the hardest place to play in the NFL." It's odd how the 12th man insists they have a special environment it's impossible to win in...then poo poos teams that do just that.

Palmer absolutely dissected the Seattle secondary. Do you agree?

Arizona has the best offense in the NFL and a Top 5 defense. Only Carolina is in their neighborhood when it comes to overall resume in the NFC. Anything can happen in the playoffs if a team gets hot, but that's exactly what would need to happen for SEA, MN, GB...they are just a paygrade below AZ and CAR when it comes to resume and overall performance this year.
You did mention MN which is what caused me to respond to you. GB is also below regarding current play on the field.
Yes, Palmer did well but Ben disected us, not Carson and lost that game. Agreed, the Cards have beaten us at home. Yet, we have represented back to back. I will take Seattle's record over Arizona's record of succes or lack thereof.
You should learn to troll better. Saying stupid stuff to irritate someone usually comes back and makes you look...ignorant. Right? That is the term you used to describe me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to be a critic. Need to work on reading comprehension. Read it again. I did not say W-L is "ALL" that matters. It is the "most relevant" (presumes other things could be relevant, and I actually provide examples). I'm not sure why this is so complicated?

It is not. I wasn't challenging you.

Either way, you never answered the question. Do you find W-L record to be relevant in assessing a team's resume this season? If not, what factors would you use?

Of course it is relevant to the quality of a team. The word resume has a particular meeting. A body of work. The Cardinals have a quality resume because they have been good for the past 2 years and could have been better if Palmer stayed healthy. The Seahawks have a quality resume because they were in the Super Bowl for 2 straight years. Not sure why that is complicated.

Lions got screwed. It's too absurd to debate. You sound like a delusional homer. Sorry.

Right. The Lions got screwed because Calvin Johnson fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line and a defensive player batted at a ball going out of bounds that, by rule, should have given the Lions 4 more tries to score. That is a most interesting definition of getting screwed.

The point of rules is to prevent one team from getting an unfair advantage over another. What was the unfair advantage the Seahawks got on that play? Did KJ Wright's batting of the ball somehow force Calvin Johnson to cough up the ball 2 seconds earlier?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best team now? Not sure. Whatever the answer is, it may be a different team when we ask the same question in January when it will matter a bit more.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do understand that by your logic, since Seattle beat the Vikings, they can't possibly be in the same league...then Seattle is not in Arizona's league. Can't really have it both ways.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not. I wasn't challenging you.

Of course it is relevant to the quality of a team. The word resume has a particular meeting. A body of work. The Cardinals have a quality resume because they have been good for the past 2 years and could have been better if Palmer stayed healthy. The Seahawks have a quality resume because they were in the Super Bowl for 2 straight years. Not sure why that is complicated.

Right. The Lions got screwed because Calvin Johnson fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line and a defensive player batted at a ball going out of bounds that, by rule, should have given the Lions 4 more tries to score. That is a most interesting definition of getting screwed.

The point of rules is to prevent one team from getting an unfair advantage over another. What was the unfair advantage the Seahawks got on that play? Did KJ Wright's batting of the ball somehow force Calvin Johnson to cough up the ball 2 seconds earlier?

Your middle paragraph is accurate. However, I did make clear I was referring solely to THIS YEAR when we were discussing the best team so far in the 2015 season. While interesting, what they did a year or two ago just doesn't matter.

Seattle fans have incredibly thin skin. It's a product of having the attitude of a fan that's been there many times, but in reality has not...which results in any intelligent criticism or observation against them being seen as the equivalent of "Seattle Sucks!" I never said that. If they sucked, I would not find Arizona's road win against them to be such a quality victory.

Oh, and anyone who says Carson Palmer didn't shred the Seattle secondary is truly ridiculous. Even the Seattle Times said they "torched" them. Kam, Irvin and Sherman were mercilessly targetted and each gave up 5 receptions to AZ receivers. Palmer hit like 14 of 18 deep routes. It's hard to take you seriously when you can't concede the obvious.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your middle paragraph is accurate. However, I did make clear I was referring solely to THIS YEAR when we were discussing the best team so far in the 2015 season. While interesting, what they did a year or two ago just doesn't matter.

Well I guess so. I'm sure there are many Bengals fans saying the exact same thing.

Seattle fans have incredibly thin skin. It's a product of having the attitude of a fan that's been there many times, but in reality has not...which results in any intelligent criticism or observation against them being seen as the equivalent of "Seattle Sucks!" I never said that. If they sucked, I would not find Arizona's road win against them to be such a quality victory.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I take your points at face value. I don't mind them at all. You have your views. I have mind. No big to me.

Oh, and anyone who says Carson Palmer didn't shred the Seattle secondary is truly ridiculous. Even the Seattle Times said they "torched" them. Kam, Irvin and Sherman were mercilessly targetted and each gave up 5 receptions to AZ receivers. Palmer hit like 14 of 18 deep routes. It's hard to take you seriously when you can't concede the obvious.

OK? Where did I say anything about that game? I must have missed it. Where did I even say that the Seahawks were better than the Cardinals? Seems like you are inventing arguments in your head.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that by your logic, since Seattle beat the Vikings, they can't possibly be in the same league...then Seattle is not in Arizona's league. Can't really have it both ways.
Some teams look much better in the second half of the season and Seattle has tended to be one of those, this year included. But, the Arizona game was not that long ago.

I thought you had it.
If Seattle has found it's Mojo, they will be tough to beat. Anywhere.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess so. I'm sure there are many Bengals fans saying the exact same thing.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I take your points at face value. I don't mind them at all. You have your views. I have mind. No big to me.

OK? Where did I say anything about that game? I must have missed it. Where did I even say that the Seahawks were better than the Cardinals? Seems like you are inventing arguments in your head.

My bad on the last part. It was another SEA fan that basically pretended Carson Palmer did not shred the Seahawks in that game. Honestly, it's hard for me to make distinctions with all you guys. The posts all run together. Usually, there's one or two guys who exhibit a true sense of objectivity and stand out...but not with the "12th man" lol

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers the best team in football? No

Panthers playing the best football now? Definitely