• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 Draft Thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught that video on YouTube the other day. A must watch for those who haven't seen it yet. It's almost as if it was destined for these two to end up on the same team.
I bolded that line because it may be more truth than hyperbole:

For those who don't have access to this rag, here's a very telling highlight:

Odunze thought about that pairing throughout the pre-draft process. His visit to Halas Hall went “very well,” he recently worked out with Williams and Bears wide receivers DJ Moore and Keenan Allen and was on Williams’ flight Tuesday as they headed to Detroit for the draft.

“Rome was extremely high on [our] list,” Poles said. “I was nervous that he wasn’t going to be there at No. 9. In our simulations, it was about a 50-50 shot if he was going to be there.”

I had no idea that Williams and Odunze worked out together prior to the draft and got to work with Moore and Allen no less. How cool is that! It definitely seems like our first two picks were meant to happen.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Draft #1:

1. Caleb Williams, QB - Duh
9. Rome Odunze, WR/Malik Nabers, WR - both could be gone by 9, Odunze more likely to still be on the board
75. Chris Braswell, DE/Edge - Roll Tide! Might be better suited for a 3-4, but the man's got some hitch in his giddyap and is a sack machine
122. Beaux Limmer, C - Not sure he'll last until 122, but if so, he'd make for a solid future starter at the position

Alternative for Braswell: Bralen Trice, DE - one word describes this guy's play: relentless; great production, especially this past season
Alternative for Limmer: Tanor Bortolini, C - very athletic, only one sack allowed in 868 snaps his final year, better chance of being there at 122

These are my BPA choices for this initial mock. While Williams will be #1 in all my drafts, I'll be mixing it up with the other three picks.
Well, it looks as if Mock Draft #1 ruled the roost, at least it has so far with the first two picks. Unless Poles busts some crazy-ass move tomorrow, there is no round 2 for us, altho I consider the Commanders pick #40 our super 2nd round pick, being we ended up with Montez Sweat, who from the moment he stepped onto the field as a Bear, became our top defensive player and frankly helped transform the defense overall.

Not sure if pick #75, assuming we keep it, will go to a DL and as shown above, a DE/Edge specifically. The same with the center position at #122. If any of these players are still available when Poles is on the clock, I hope he'd at least consider them.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you're excited. :whistle:
I mean…I am. The mocks were so dead on (outside of the Atlanta pick) that we all kinda saw this as one of the most possible scenarios. So there isn’t any real shock factor to be like “whoa how did that happen?!?” Turned out well.

I’m just happy we might actually have an offense that can put up consistent points for the first time in forever.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…I am. The mocks were so dead on (outside of the Atlanta pick) that we all kinda saw this as one of the most possible scenarios. So there isn’t any real shock factor to be like “whoa how did that happen?!?” Turned out well.

I’m just happy we might actually have an offense that can put up consistent points for the first time in forever.
My biggest take was why did Harbaugh not trade Herbert to Minny to get McCarthy, probably that late first pick, next years first. I get Atlanta and just saw the greatest version of Mike Vick being dialed up again. That was the pick that got us Rome.

Now to find a center that will consistently get the ball in the quarterbacks hands.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest take was why did Harbaugh not trade Herbert to Minny to get McCarthy, probably that late first pick, next years first. I get Atlanta and just saw the greatest version of Mike Vick being dialed up again. That was the pick that got us Rome.

Now to find a center that will consistently get the ball in the quarterbacks hands.

The Chargers were never trading Herbert. That would be insanity. Herbert is one of the top QB's in the NFL. Where did you hear that?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys nailed it in the 1st round.

Yer boys got Bowers. We passed on him...as expected and pre-pontificated.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers were never trading Herbert. That would be insanity. Herbert is one of the top QB's in the NFL. Where did you hear that?
Gotta say the same thing here. I've been following all sorts of shit this offseason when it comes to NFL football, and I never heard even the slightest rumor that the Chargers were thinking of trading Herbert.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the Bears picked up Williams, but I am tempering my emotions. He is a rookie, and he will make a lot of mistakes. Especially in the first 7-8 games, maybe more.

I don't think the Bears are a playoff team this season, but I think no one will want to play them toward the end of the season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the Bears picked up Williams, but I am tempering my emotions. He is a rookie, and he will make a lot of mistakes. Especially in the first 7-8 games, maybe more.

I don't think the Bears are a playoff team this season, but I think no one will want to play them toward the end of the season.
I'm taking the position that we will be playoff contenders. That's also known as playing it safe by saying we'll be in the race, but no guarantees up front. If this was the Norris from 2-3 years back, I might be a little cockier and maybe even say the division could be ours for the taking. But this has suddenly become one effin tough division. The Lions are and will remain in the immediate future the team to beat. The Packers came on strong late in the season and impressed a lot of folks in the playoffs. The Vikings early on seemed poised to tank, but had some solid offseason signings, then ended up last night with two good picks. Altho I have to say that this will be at the expense of next year's draft for them. So I'll be happy just believing that we will be in the thick of things in '24 and leave it at that.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Harbaugh saying he would be the first pick in the draft if he had the first pick in the draft.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking the position that we will be playoff contenders. That's also known as playing it safe by saying we'll be in the race, but no guarantees up front. If this was the Norris from 2-3 years back, I might be a little cockier and maybe even say the division could be ours for the taking. But this has suddenly become one effin tough division. The Lions are and will remain in the immediate future the team to beat. The Packers came on strong late in the season and impressed a lot of folks in the playoffs. The Vikings early on seemed poised to tank, but had some solid offseason signings, then ended up last night with two good picks. Altho I have to say that this will be at the expense of next year's draft for them. So I'll be happy just believing that we will be in the thick of things in '24 and leave it at that.

Im not thinking playoffs,but as short of that.....around 8 wins.
As NE said,Caleb will have his ups and down,we have 4 pass catchers out there (DJ-Odunze-Keenan-Kmet) all vying for that ball.....it will take some time to gel together,it may take the whole season....I dont know.
But Id like to think CW should pass most rookie records,the ones on the positive sise anyways......

If Caleb proves hes the real deal,2025 is when playoff expectations will be running deep,as in pperrenial playoff team......

The team may be just a player or two away from playoffs this season,needing def lineman.
And with 9 picks in the 2025 draft,I expect Poles will make a big trade midseason again using one of those picks......

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the cap hit chargers would've had to take made it virtually impossible even if Harbaugh wanted JJ over Hebert

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 40th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears select:

Montez Sweat baby!!!!

I think the kid will be pretty decent.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash