• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t solid at corner. Definitely need to use a pick there. Trufant can’t be trusted to stay healthy.

No doubt their first pick tonight should be the best OT on the board.

Another weapon at WR isn’t a bad idea. But ranks behind OT and CB for me.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t solid at corner. Definitely need to use a pick there. Trufant can’t be trusted to stay healthy.

No doubt their first pick tonight should be the best OT on the board.

Another weapon at WR isn’t a bad idea. But ranks behind OT and CB for me.
CB is a need but with having just moved up for our franchise QB, I'm fine with ignoring defense altogether and loading up around Fields. It's not as much about this year anymore. If Nagy plans on running a lot of 2 TE then I'd be good with drafting Graham's replacement, or getting a capable 3rd WR to make sure Fields always has good targets on the field. I didn't mention the need at tackle because that's obvious. We re-signed Ifedi to play RT with Whitehair/Mustipher/Daniels on the inside. I'd like to see a replacement for Leno for this year and then a replacement for Ifedi the following year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the New England system, you know, the one with the immobile old guy for years, perhaps your correct. In the Nagy system? No.

What exactly is Nagy system that leads you to believe one type of QB is better than another?

Do you consider Mahomes to be the same type of QB as Fields? Give me the guy that can read defenses, go through progressions, throw in the pocket, is smart and hard working all day long. Maybe Fields is that guy but everything I read tells me Jones is already that guy.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is Nagy system that leads you to believe one type of QB is better than another?

Do you consider Mahomes to be the same type of QB as Fields? Give me the guy that can read defenses, go through progressions, throw in the pocket, is smart and hard working all day long. Maybe Fields is that guy but everything I read tells me Jones is already that guy.

You liked Trubisky before, you know, he proved what he was...So yes, please dislike Fields. Do us that solid.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Pace drafts OT in the next two rounds. We got a QB that could be here and succeed for a decade, now we need to protect him. Get a pair of OTs with the next two picks and hopefully they can pan out.

I’ve been seeing a lot of people say we need WRs and CBS. I disagree. We’re solid at CB with Johnson and Trufant. We’re solid at WR with AR and Mooney. We suck at both OT spots and hopefully we can replace them in this draft.
I'm with you with using the next two rounds on the trenches, altho I'd like to see one of those two applied to the DL or perhaps Edge position.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you with using the next two rounds on the trenches, altho I'd like to see one of those two applied to the DL or perhaps Edge position.

It's gonna be OT and CB in rounds 2 and 3 unless they're just sh*t on a stick players left at the position.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be OT and CB in rounds 2 and 3 unless they're just sh*t on a stick players left at the position.
Yeah, maybe. I'm a trenches guy, so I like to see both lines receive attention, but if Pace takes a CB early, so be it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe. I'm a trenches guy, so I like to see both lines receive attention, but if Pace takes a CB early, so be it.

It shouldn't have been CB...but we're f*cking retarded.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ask yourself, which of the two QB's, Jones or Fields, is better at RPO? Who calls more RPO plays... Nagy or Billy? Who will become the 3rd fastest QB in the NFL when he signs? That's one example for you.

Edit: Bonus question: Coming out of college in this draft QB wise, guess who had the highest completion percentage to receivers after coming off of their primary read of the top 10 QB prospects in the NFL draft... Go on... You can do it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself, which of the two QB's, Jones or Fields, is better at RPO? Who calls more RPO plays... Nagy or Billy? Who will become the 3rd fastest QB in the NFL when he signs? That's one example for you.

Edit: Bonus question: Coming out of college in this draft QB wise, guess who had the highest completion percentage to receivers after coming off of their primary read of the top 10 QB prospects in the NFL draft... Go on... You can do it.

lol so simple

makes COMPLETE sense (rolls eyes)

Your ability to nail down Nagy's offense into a single sentence is outstanding.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so simple

makes COMPLETE sense (rolls eyes)

Your ability to nail down Nagy's offense into a single sentence is outstanding.
Was it to tough for you to understand or refute?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't have been CB...but we're f*cking retarded.
This. Somehow, some way, we placed a higher value on Andy fucking Dalton, than we did Kyle motherfucking Fuller!?

By far, one of the dumbest fucking things this regime has done.

And that's coming from the same cunts that let Green motherfucking Bay determine his value LAST TIME he was on the market.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something I just do not understand. Why on Earth did we send a boatload of draft capital to trade with the Giants for this? Who were we bidding against? The Patriots? If so, Pace got played like a fool. If not then Patriots, then who? This is a massive story and no one is writing about it, but why on Earth did the Bears give up a huge amount of draft capital to get someone all the other QB-needy teams passed on.

What is the story? Anyone?
The story is you're retarded.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded up again. We’re filling the right holes. So that’s good.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the part where we trade Anthony Miller happening soon? What is his value? Can’t imagine he survives this draft as a Bear.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the part where we trade Anthony Miller happening soon? What is his value? Can’t imagine he survives this draft as a Bear.
That is just too bad. He is a tough player, with a high skillset.

He's a guy like Steve Smith. That's on Nagy for not being able to keep him going.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With these two picks Ant might actually want to play now.

Edit: hard to imagine the Bears got who many projected to be their #20 pick in the second round.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something I just do not understand. Why on Earth did we send a boatload of draft capital to trade with the Giants for this? Who were we bidding against? The Patriots? If so, Pace got played like a fool. If not then Patriots, then who? This is a massive story and no one is writing about it, but why on Earth did the Bears give up a huge amount of draft capital to get someone all the other QB-needy teams passed on.

What is the story? Anyone?
I saw somewhere that the Vikings were sneaking on him. They were poised to grab him at #14, then when they couldn't, they traded down and somehow still got Darrisaw at 23 (good pick). Someone was going to stop his slide, it's just a matter of who it was going to be. You can nitpick any move like this all you want but fact is, if he works out and becomes akin to Deshaun Watson, the price we paid will look like peanuts. If he doesn't then it won't matter much as we'll be bottom feeders anyway and thus take another stab at a QB in the top 10 in 4 years.