• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Ballpark In Arlington's Final Homestand Begins As The Rangers Host The Red Sox Sept. 24-26

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is reasonable to expect Solak, Calhoun and Santana to start or Santana playing 5 out of seven games as a super UIF or OF is fine with me. Just ready for more of an upgrade in CF.

Need to play better defensively at 3B and Santana is not the answer there

In all of this we still really need to upgrade or do we just be patient

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is reasonable to expect Solak, Calhoun and Santana to start or Santana playing 5 out of seven games as a super UIF or OF is fine with me. Just ready for more of an upgrade in CF.

Are we putting the cart before the horse? Until we have pitching resolved everything else won't matter a whole lot. Just too much to consider till later in the off season and see what transpires then.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we putting the cart before the horse? Until we have pitching resolved everything else won't matter a whole lot. Just too much to consider till later in the off season and see what transpires then.

Sure lots of things to consider. Just more thinking out loud. No new news here. We have a glut of OF/DH guys. 2B is crazy. Nothing really good at 3B. CF is a point of weakness. Penciling in Allard as 3rd SP and the t maiming spots are iffy. A lot of moving parts needing to get done

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure lots of things to consider. Just more thinking out loud. No new news here. We have a glut of OF/DH guys. 2B is crazy. Nothing really good at 3B. CF is a point of weakness. Penciling in Allard as 3rd SP and the t maiming spots are iffy. A lot of moving parts needing to get done
Right on Brother

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, because we already have these guys and don't have enough pitching yet. The cart is already in place.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raymond has strong opinions

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, because we already have these guys and don't have enough pitching yet. The cart is already in place.
Who besides Elvis makes up the infield? We need a 3B.... 2B.... 1B( Guz is not hitting) and catcher. None of these pcs. are for certain. So where is the cart?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but we were discussing what to do with Santana.
I like what Santana brings to the team as a Super-Utility player. he can play 3B, 2B, SS, 1B and all 3 OF positions and he is a switch hitter. he is not a super player at any position but he is the perfect definition of the term utility.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we are need of a 3B man, a centerfielder, a catcher at minimum. we could continue the signing of players like Mathis and Forsythe etc and struggle both defensively and offensively like we did this season or we could take the first steps by signing or trading for at least 2 of our needs

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are need of a 3B man, a centerfielder, a catcher at minimum. we could continue the signing of players like Mathis and Forsythe etc and struggle both defensively and offensively like we did this season or we could take the first steps by signing or trading for at least 2 of our needs
Solak is a high hopeful but not proven. If he does not play 2B then what ? Odor is still at 2B until he isn't and that should be a concern to everyone. I really like Guzman but until he can start hitting then he is also a question. Lots of work to do. Burke and Allard are also hopefuls and unproven.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone saying Santana can't play 3B? He has started a grand total of 10 games there in his career. There were concerns about Gallo after his first few games in the OF and yet now he is not only considered too valuable in the OF to move back to an infield position, but he is good enough to play in CF. How many games did Odor start at 2B before he got to the point where he wasn't a liability there? Wasn't Calhoun once considered a major liability in the OF? Now everyone is penciling him in as a starter there. How about a little patience before deciding someone can't play at a certain position.

Santana hasn't even had one offseason to work there or even one ST and everyone thinks they know he can't play there.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who besides Elvis makes up the infield? We need a 3B.... 2B.... 1B( Guz is not hitting) and catcher. None of these pcs. are for certain. So where is the cart?
It was a discussion about Solak, Calhoun and Santana being ready to be regulars that started the conversation so I considered them to make up the cart while future pitching additions were the horse. I am just saying it makes sense to discuss those guys before knowing who the pitching additions will be simply because they are already here.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solak is a high hopeful but not proven. If he does not play 2B then what ? Odor is still at 2B until he isn't and that should be a concern to everyone. I really like Guzman but until he can start hitting then he is also a question. Lots of work to do. Burke and Allard are also hopefuls and unproven.
hopefully we find some way to move Odor and Choo even if it means eating a bunch of their contracts. i'm ready from what we have seen from Solak to put him at 2B and see what he can do as a full-time player.

I don't think we can gamble as easily on Guzman (defensively he is solid but offensively he is a major work in progress) so I think we should sign someone like Jose Abreu on a 1+1 or 2+1 deal.

we have no one close to being ready to step into the hole at 3B so logically we need to look at Free Agency for relief there with Rendon at the top of the heap.

the outfield is another issue with Calhoun and Gallo as the only positives and we may need to consider using Gallo at DH to protect him from injury. Possibly we might need to consider trading for someone like Starling Marte to put into center then we could go with Calhoun, Marte and Mazara from left toright

I would still go with Allard and Burke at the backend of our rotation with Hearn, Palumbo and maybe Phillips ready to step in but that would mean adding someone like Gerrit Cole at the top.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to play them for an extended amount of time for them to prove themselves.

If Solak is healthy and not a regular to start the 2020 season then this team needs a lot more than pitching and hitting, they would need new decision makers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone saying Santana can't play 3B? He has started a grand total of 10 games there in his career. There were concerns about Gallo after his first few games in the OF and yet now he is not only considered too valuable in the OF to move back to an infield position, but he is good enough to play in CF. How many games did Odor start at 2B before he got to the point where he wasn't a liability there? Wasn't Calhoun once considered a major liability in the OF? Now everyone is penciling him in as a starter there. How about a little patience before deciding someone can't play at a certain position.

Santana hasn't even had one offseason to work there or even one ST and everyone thinks they know he can't play there.
I think Santana can play multiple positions well including 3B I just don't think he can play any of them well enough to be an everyday starter at any of them. he is the ultimate superutility player that can cover multiple areas

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to play them for an extended amount of time for them to prove themselves.

If Solak is healthy and not a regular to start the 2020 season then this team needs a lot more than pitching and hitting, they would need new decision makers.

Guzman and Odor has had all the time they need to prove themselves but hopefully they improve in the off season. If not, we need to look for a 1B and hope Solak is taking over 2B. 3B is anyone's guess at this point. IMO DDJ and Choo are no longer needed in the OF. Calhoun Santana and Gallo are a good fit. Gallo can back up CF and Mazara in RF/dh