• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G being run by no testicle hypocrites ?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My doorknob has more football knowledge than you.
Ouch...

But as much as you like to say shit like that, I can't recall you really discussing much football since you've been here. A lot of questioning others "real fan" status if they disagree with your take on rivalries, a lot of links and pictures with no thoughts of your own, and a couple conference troll threads. Where's all this football insight you supposedly have?

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the articles in the OT? Do you consider Fresno state or the independents to be P5 teams?

My reply was in regards to the stats involving each conference. And the amount of games that are played against P5 teams in correlation to conference. After looking through the disparities. Especially in the SEC. I found the SEC schedules an awful lot of FCS teams. In place of games against P5 conferences. As far as Bama they play 3 very week teams this season. Including another FCS team before rival Auburn. And their one true OOC game was neutral site again.

Which in turn has spawned gimmick scheduling. Such as B1G teams claiming non P5 teams as P5 teams etc...... The PAC has been solid in scheduling P5 teams. Including several home and homes.Against top tier P5 teams. And this is reflected within the disparity of the numbers in the post I quoted.

As far as comparing an FCS team to a P5 team. Stating you have had FCS teams put up a stronger fight than SC. SC was the first game of the season. And we all know SC is in disarray.Alabama beat Tennessee well into the season. By a very similar score. And aTm wasn't much better. Under those standards it makes me question the actual strength of the SEC.

Alabama consistently plays very competitive schedules, last year it was ranked the most difficult, it is currently ranked as one of the more difficult this season, and we'll play 2 more top 25 teams in the next month. As a whole, the SEC plays highly competitive schedules, last years Sagarin ranked 4 SEC teams in the 2015 final top 10, #1 Alabama, #4 Auburn, #5 LSU, and #6 Arkansas, with 10 in the top 25. If you can find some other rankings that contradict that, please show them to us, but just basing your ranking on the total number of P5 opponents, with no consideration of how good those teams are, is stupid.

We are under no obligation to make our schedules even more difficult just to suit you and that Alaska bozo. If the selection committee thinks we're trying to Baylor our way into the playoff, then they can take that into consideration in their rankings.

As for your excuse that the Alabama USC game was the first one of the season, it was for us too. And now that we've beaten Tennessee and Texas A&M, now they're bad teams? And since Washington is running roughshod over the PAC12, maybe you should also question the strength of the PCA12 too.

The SEC and PAC12 both play highly competitive schedules, so maybe you should focus your attention more on the ACC, the Big10, and Big12 instead.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify:

My thoughts are I don't give a fuck. At least they're trying to address the issue.

What do you think of a supposed Washington fan (a team you yourself have criticised for their OOC schedule this year) starting such a thread?
I think the OP makes a good point. And has provided a great topic based on a college football stand point.As pertaining to the articles he linked in the OP. If you are looking for a PAC perspective. In regards to the articles scheduling tactics hold a bearing on rankings. Both within the NCAA and conferences. As Win/Loss plays a factor in the formulas.Utilized to determine SOS as well as for statistical comparisons. As well as in the rankings through variables changing the dynamics of the games. IE scheduling an FCS opponent that serves as a bye week prior to a conference game. Substituting a G5 or Independent as a P5 opponent. As well as other scheduling tactics the serve in a manner that changes the completion of the overall field of play.

I also believe by a conference directly violating the rules written within their conference. Holds the possibility to open other doors. Where other conference rules may be potentially manipulated.

While conferences may be separate and hold their own set rules and standards. In the end they all have a direct effect on one another. as a whole. In the National Championship picture.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OP makes a good point. And has provided a great topic based on a college football stand point.As pertaining to the articles he linked in the OP. If you are looking for a PAC perspective. In regards to the articles scheduling tactics hold a bearing on rankings. Both within the NCAA and conferences. As Win/Loss plays a factor in the formulas.Utilized to determine SOS as well as for statistical comparisons. As well as in the rankings through variables changing the dynamics of the games. IE scheduling an FCS opponent that serves as a bye week prior to a conference game. Substituting a G5 or Independent as a P5 opponent. As well as other scheduling tactics the serve in a manner that changes the completion of the overall field of play.

I also believe by a conference directly violating the rules written within their conference. Holds the possibility to open other doors. Where other conference rules may be potentially manipulated.

While conferences may be separate and hold their own set rules and standards. In the end they all have a direct effect on one another. as a whole. In the National Championship picture.

:blah:

So a conference implementing the most strict scheduling requirements of any other conference is making exceptions. I'm over it...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a fvkng idiot would recommend playing an FCS team. I'm sick to my stomach that Washington started playing FCS teams.
I agree tbh i think the NCAA should eliminate FCS teams from FBS play. Or at the minimum limit it to one game at the start of the season. In my opinion if the B1G is to set guidelines involving the scheduling of P5 teams. They should maintain their stance on their decision and schedule P5 opponents. Or remove the policy to suit their scheduling.

However it seems to me declaring teams like Fresno State and independents . May be a biproduct of the scheduling practices of other conferences. While the B1G's intentions may have been to improve SOS. The only way to truly achieve that would be via. A level pmaying field where the P5 conferences are on the same page.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got some husky on husky violence going on in here. Hug it out.
images

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama consistently plays very competitive schedules, last year it was ranked the most difficult, it is currently ranked as one of the more difficult this season, and we'll play 2 more top 25 teams in the next month. As a whole, the SEC plays highly competitive schedules, last years Sagarin ranked 4 SEC teams in the 2015 final top 10, #1 Alabama, #4 Auburn, #5 LSU, and #6 Arkansas, with 10 in the top 25. If you can find some other rankings that contradict that, please show them to us, but just basing your ranking on the total number of P5 opponents, with no consideration of how good those teams are, is stupid.

We are under no obligation to make our schedules even more difficult just to suit you and that Alaska bozo. If the selection committee thinks we're trying to Baylor our way into the playoff, then they can take that into consideration in their rankings.

As for your excuse that the Alabama USC game was the first one of the season, it was for us too. And now that we've beaten Tennessee and Texas A&M, now they're bad teams? And since Washington is running roughshod over the PAC12, maybe you should also question the strength of the PCA12 too.

The SEC and PAC12 both play highly competitive schedules, so maybe you should focus your attention more on the ACC, the Big10, and Big12 instead.
Bama has 4 OOC games ... they play one difficult game at a neutral site and 3 sisters of the poor at home.

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has 4 OOC games ... they play one difficult game at a neutral site and 3 sisters of the poor.
Which effects the rankings within the conference.Which effects the national rankings.Which effects the other P5 conferences. Everything is intertwined in the end.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has 4 OOC games ... they play one difficult game at a neutral site and 3 sisters of the poor at home.
Yet our schedule is still stronger than Washington's. Funny how that works.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's 1000 and one formulas for figuring SOS. Fact of the matter is Bama plays one solid team at a neutral site and three sisters of the poor at home hence the reason the SEC won't move to a 9 game conference schedule even though there's 14 teams in that pseudo conference.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where scheduling FCS opponents.And playing 9 conference games plays a major role. By not playing a 9 game conference game schedule. A guaranteed loss for the conference in a season. Is removed from the equation. That in itself holds a direct bearing on rankings. Which effect SOS. By playing an extra FCS team in its place. That is adding a win to the schedule on top of removing a loss. Which plays a factor in both ranking as well as bowl eligibility. Causing a mass disparity between the conferences. Which in turn makes a legitimate formula ,to determine a comparable SOS between conferences an impossibility.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's 1000 and one formulas for figuring SOS. Fact of the matter is Bama plays one solid team at a neutral site and three sisters of the poor at home hence the reason the SEC won't move to a 9 game conference schedule even though there's 14 teams in that pseudo conference.

So, which conference's scheduling practices meets your standards?

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could show a single SOS ranking that showed you were right you might have a case, but you can't, so you have to resort to a silly 9>8 argument. And if the SEC was a pseudo conference we wouldn't have winning records over all the other P5 conferences in both the regular season and in bowls.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could show a single SOS ranking that showed you were right you might have a case, but you can't, so you have to resort to a silly 9>8 argument. And if the SEC was a pseudo conference we wouldn't have winning records over all the other P5 conferences in both the regular season and in bowls.
You want to tell me why the SEC refuses to play their own conference members. Again there's thousands of different SOS formulas and then there's no testicle conferences that refuse to play their own conference members so that they can schedule more sisters of the poor at home. The PAC teams average 10.25 P5 teams vs 9 P5 teams for the SEC. There's nothing to argue ... everyone and their brother knows why the SEC refuses to play their own conference members.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to tell me why the SEC refuses to play their own conference members. Again there's thousands of different SOS formulas and then there's no testicle conferences that refuse to play their own conference members so that they can schedule more sisters of the poor at home. The PAC teams average 10.25 P5 teams vs 9 P5 teams for the SEC. There's nothing to argue ... everyone and their brother knows why the SEC refuses to play their own conference members.
Because it would be an unbelievably brutal schedule. Auburn already has one of the toughest schedules in the country, how is there any argument they should make it harder?

The PAC is a big hot mess this year do its not like you can chest thump your in conference schedule.