• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G being run by no testicle hypocrites ?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Auburn will change their schedule. I said the SEC screwed up our schedule and it will be that way for a while before we can get Georgia back before Bama because of that shit:

Besides we played Clemson. You guys played freaking Furman then ND. I mean you might as well schedule Texas and Oregon for crying out loud and really embarrass yourselves.
Ummmm, I was agreeing with you. When you play a cupcake doesn't matter. People who bitch about that game at the end of the season need to get over it. How were we supposed to know that Notre Dame was going to be bad this year, they started out top ten. We played Oregon the last two years, they played in the playoff finals and were a top 25 team. I agree with you that we need more of these games.

Do you fault Bama for playing USC? Or would you say that Bama was playing a weak out of conference schedule had they not canceled on Michigan State?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm, I was agreeing with you. When you play a cupcake doesn't matter. People who bitch about that game at the end of the season need to get over it. How were we supposed to know that Notre Dame was going to be bad this year, they started out top ten. We played Oregon the last two years, they played in the playoff finals and were a top 25 team. I agree with you that we need more of these games.

Do you fault Bama for playing USC? Or would you say that Bama was playing a weak out of conference schedule had they not canceled on Michigan State?
Bama was dodging you...they are a bunch of pussies.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama was dodging you...they are a bunch of pussies.
And when did I talk shit about your scheduling? I stated you wouldn't change playing an FCS game before Alabama and you agreed. Never said you play nothing but chumps.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when did I talk shit about your scheduling? I stated you wouldn't change playing an FCS game before Alabama and you agreed. Never said you play nothing but chumps.
No we Hate the schedule and want it changed as soon as possible. What part of the SEC mandated we move the Alabama game up a week that you missed? You know zero about what happened and just assume we planned this and that is false.

When we play that FCS game we should be playing Bama and off the next week. Now we have to wait until Georgia can change their schedule...it's all fucked up because the GT game is involved.

At no point was this an actual choice.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we Hate the schedule and want it changed as soon as possible. What part of the SEC mandated we move the Alabama game up a week that you missed? You know zero about what happened and just assume we planned this and that is false.

When we play that FCS game we should be playing Bama and off the next week. Now we have to wait until Georgia can change their schedule...it's all fucked up because the GT game is involved.

At no point was this an actual choice.
What part of I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHEN YOU PLAY YOUR CUPCAKE are you not getting? Seriously, week one or week 13 makes no difference to me. Would Auburn play a quality non con game at the end of the season, before the Bama game? No, you and I both agree that wouldn't happen. More than likely it would be at the beginning of the season so the BigTen's unwritten rule (which most other teams/conferences do) of playing those games at the start of the season is not effecting when Auburn plays it's quality game. If Auburn wanted to, they could have played Clemson at the end of the season. Again, I am not criticizing for when they play their FCS team, like many here do, I'm just stating that Auburn's scheduling dates is not being effected by the Big10.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not mad at all. A team chooses whether they play multiple or just one quality opponent each year and the number of conference games does not change that. Florida has played pretty much only chumps for all of their non con/non FSU games for the last 25 years so stating that playing one more conference game would effect them playing more quality opponents is you just trying rationalize playing less conference games.

I think playing FSU every year is a pretty big deal.

Here we go with stupid labels as a means of ignoring the strength of the opponent. As is par for this thread.

VU63

Almost Charmingly Insane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,379.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn it... I asked a simple and reasonable question...

OP started this thread to troll about the B1G's scheduling practices, now it's evolved into ripping the SEC. So, who has it right @AlaskaGuy?

You have 3 other conferences to choose from...
i knew it would go there, just needed time

VU63

Almost Charmingly Insane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,379.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but they would spread them out more. It wasn't uncommon for SEC to start the season in conference play (still happens fairly often but not as much) and play bigger OCC games mid season.

All the Alabama vs Penn State games and Alabama vs ND games were mid season.

So yeah your stupid rules fuck yourself.
they usually stick us in that game

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think playing FSU every year is a pretty big deal.

Here we go with stupid labels as a means of ignoring the strength of the opponent. As is par for this thread.
So you are on the side of less quality non conference games should be played.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are on the side of less quality non conference games should be played.

Right, because they would have a higher non-conference quality if they dumped FSU for an out of state opponent.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because they would have a higher non-conference quality if they dumped FSU for an out of state opponent.
Yes, because teams can only play one quality opponent a year. It's not like Florida State is playing Alabama and Florida next year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because teams can only play one quality opponent a year. It's not like Florida State is playing Alabama and Florida next year.

Yes, and it's not like Florida is playing Michigan and Florida St next year either.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and it's not like Florida is playing Michigan and Florida St next year either.
You take it as me attacking the SEC, I'm saying that all teams should be scheduling like this. I hated when Michigan state was playing Notre Dame and three shit teams and called them out for it on ESPN. Michigan has a phone it in schedule this year without even trying to schedule a good OOC opponent. Last year we played Oregon and three shit teams. I would have rather played another decent/good team with a chance to lose than playing almost all games against teams we can't lose to.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take it as me attacking the SEC, I'm saying that all teams should be scheduling like this. I hated when Michigan state was playing Notre Dame and three shit teams and called them out for it on ESPN. Michigan has a phone it in schedule this year without even trying to schedule a good OOC opponent. Last year we played Oregon and three shit teams. I would have rather played another decent/good team with a chance to lose than playing almost all games against teams we can't lose to.

I just look at overall SoS.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC and Stanford play 9 conference games yet they manage to play ND home & away every year while fitting in another P5 OOC game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC and Stanford play 9 conference games yet they manage to play ND home & away every year while fitting in another P5 OOC game.

Because ND is a yearly game. The same as these other teams. It's much easier to do that when you already have a permanent game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because ND is a yearly game. The same as these other teams. It's much easier to do that when you already have a permanent game.

You think AG has any idea that N.D. & USC have played each other every year since 1946? As far as the N.D./Stanford game, every year since 1997. Before '97 the Fighting Irish & Cardinal met a total of 11 times from 1925 to 1994 w/ 7 of those match ups between '88 & '94.

Last edited:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think AG has any idea that N.D. & USC have played each other every year since 1946? As far as the N.D./Stanford game, every year since 1997. Before '97 the Fighting Irish & Cardinal met a total of 11 times from 1925 to 1994 w/ 7 of those match ups between '88 & '94.
I dont think he has much idea about anything.

travis2x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this was stupid AG.

It was basically done because Minnesota asked for this exception because they supposedly couldn't get a P5 opponent that season. Looks bad on the B10.

The article was wrong on one thing however, the B12 does have a "one P5 opponent mandate" leaving the PAC as the only conference without one. I hope your conference forces this mandate too eventually so all conferences have a similiar format. If that was added, the B12 now has a CCG coming, it would leave your favorite 8vs9 game schedule as the only difference between the P5 leagues!