• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G being run by no testicle hypocrites ?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that choose to play 2 quality non conference games (or what should be quality). Michigan State was supposed to play Alabama and Notre Dame but ended up with BYU instead of Bama. USC has Notre Dame and Bama this year. When is the last time Florida played a quality OOC team not wasn't FSU or Miami?
Stanford and USC both play 9 game conference schedules yet manage to play ND home & away every year.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you tell them, put these SEC honks in their place!!!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separate issues. Your trying to make them one and put words in my mouth...doesn't work that way. My statement stands as it is with no add on conditions.
I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I am stating that 8-9 game conference schedule has nothing to do with the number of quality non conference games we get each year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, people who claim that 8 game conference schedules mean we get more quality OOC games are stupid too.
You know what gets into the way of more quality OOC games? The B1G insisting to play all their non-conference games at the beginning of the season.

You faggots make stupid rules then bitch when no one else follows them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that choose to play 2 quality non conference games (or what should be quality). Michigan State was supposed to play Alabama and Notre Dame but ended up with BYU instead of Bama. USC has Notre Dame and Bama this year. When is the last time Florida played a quality OOC team not wasn't FSU or Miami?

What does this have to do with the point that these teams will be less likely to schedule these? I was just giving an example of where it could/would likely cause a drop in OOC quality.

Starting to think some of you are just mad and looking for shit to sling.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what gets into the way of more quality OOC games? The B1G insisting to play all their non-conference games at the beginning of the season.

You faggots make stupid rules then bitch when no one else follows them.
The only quality non-conference games that the SEC plays at the end of the season are the in State rivalry games. The Big10 and 90% of all the other teams play their non con games at the beginning of the year. Auburn, and most of the SEC, plays an FCS team at the end of the year so I highly doubt that has anything to do with a quality non con game at the end of the year.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what exactly is your reason for following me around on this board day after day, post after post?

d6a54613a37bcd616f735a110c353e3f.jpg
:L

The CFB forum is only so big... and you seem to mainly post in a thread I started, and has previous incarnations in which I've been a regular since before it was on SportsHoopla, so get over that bullshit.

I asked a reasonable question for the topic, either answer it, or don't. But while you claim I don't contribute anything here, I'm still waiting to see you talk about something worth while.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this have to do with the point that these teams will be less likely to schedule these? I was just giving an example of where it could/would likely cause a drop in OOC quality.

Starting to think some of you are just mad and looking for shit to sling.
I'm not mad at all. A team chooses whether they play multiple or just one quality opponent each year and the number of conference games does not change that. Florida has played pretty much only chumps for all of their non con/non FSU games for the last 25 years so stating that playing one more conference game would effect them playing more quality opponents is you just trying rationalize playing less conference games.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

The CFB forum is only so big... and you seem to mainly post in a thread I started, and has previous incarnations in which I've been a regular since before it was on SportsHoopla, so get over that bullshit.

I asked a reasonable question for the topic, either answer it, or don't. But while you claim I don't contribute anything here, I'm still waiting to see you talk about something worth while.
You mean the PAC-12 v.5 thread?

tumblr_m8ohnnFYQA1qff8hqo1_500.gif

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only quality non-conference games that the SEC plays at the end of the season are the in State rivalry games. The Big10 and 90% of all the other teams play their non con games at the beginning of the year. Auburn, and most of the SEC, plays an FCS team at the end of the year so I highly doubt that has anything to do with a quality non con game at the end of the year.
Auburn used to play Florida State middle of the season and did so for years until they joined the ACC. We also used to close the season with Floida, Southern Miss, Georgia and Alabama every year. And those were the Reggie Collier/Bret Farve years.

The only reason we have a crappy game at the end now is because the SEC mandated no one could schedule a bye before the SEC Champiinship game and that screwed both Auburn & Alabama. We haven't been able to fix our schedules since.

You also underestimate how many out of state rivals actually play:

Florida vs FSU
Kentucky vs Louisville
South Carolina vs Clemson
Georgia vs Georgia Tech

Missouri would play Kansas if they would play and aTm would play Texas if they would.

You're just bitching to bitch.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again that is because the SEC fucked us 3 years ago.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn used to play Florida State middle of the season and did so for years until they joined the ACC. We also used to close the season with Floida, Southern Miss, Georgia and Alabama every year. And those were the Reggie Collier/Bret Farve years.

The only reason we have a crappy game at the end now is because the SEC mandated no one could schedule a bye before the SEC Champiinship game and that screwed both Auburn & Alabama. We haven't been able to fix our schedules since.

You also underestimate how many out of state rivals actually play:

Florida vs FSU
Kentucky vs Louisville
South Carolina vs Clemson
Georgia vs Georgia Tech

Missouri would play Kansas if they would play and aTm would play Texas if they would.

You're just bitching to bitch.
Ummmm all of those rivalry games you listed are in state games, and what team or conference has a bye the last week of the regular season? Do you actually believe that if P5 teams were willing, that instead of playing an FCS opponent, Auburn would play Oklahoma before the Alabama game?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm all of those rivalry games you listed are in state games, and what team or conference has a bye the last week of the regular season? Do you actually believe that if P5 teams were willing, that instead of playing an FCS opponent, Auburn would play Oklahoma before the Alabama game?
No but they would spread them out more. It wasn't uncommon for SEC to start the season in conference play (still happens fairly often but not as much) and play bigger OCC games mid season.

All the Alabama vs Penn State games and Alabama vs ND games were mid season.

So yeah your stupid rules fuck yourself.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but they would spread them out more. It wasn't uncommon for SEC to start the season in conference play (still happens fairly often but not as much) and play bigger OCC games mid season.

All the Alabama vs Penn State games and Alabama vs ND games were mid season.

So yeah your stupid rules fuck yourself.
You are not going to get any arguments from me that the BigTen does some stupid shit (Leaders and Legends).

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all just a bunch of butt hurt. There is nothing wrong with how the SEC schedules but you guys are obsessed with it. Doesn't matter we still have SOS and an almost guaranteed spot in the playoffs.

So suck it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all just a bunch of butt hurt. There is nothing wrong with how the SEC schedules but you guys are obsessed with it. Doesn't matter we still have SOS and an almost guaranteed spot in the playoffs.

So suck it.
Im not obsessed with it. A cupcake at the end of the season is no different than one at the end. You brought up that it's everyone else's fault on why we don't have more quality out of conference games becuase of how they scheduled, and then you admitted that Auburn wouldn't change how they schedule. If anything, the way Florida, Georgia, South Carolina schedule should make it easier to schedule an additional quality non con game because they would have one at the start and one at the end instead of back to back weeks or two out of three. I'm not saying and never said that the SEC teams don't have a strong SoS.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not obsessed with it. A cupcake at the end of the season is no different than one at the end. You brought up that it's everyone else's fault on why we don't have more quality out of conference games becuase of how they scheduled, and then you admitted that Auburn wouldn't change how they schedule. If anything, the way Florida, Georgia, South Carolina schedule should make it easier to schedule an additional quality non con game because they would have one at the start and one at the end instead of back to back weeks or two out of three.
What? Auburn will change their schedule. I said the SEC screwed up our schedule and it will be that way for a while before we can get Georgia back before Bama because of that shit:

Besides we played Clemson. You guys played freaking Furman then ND. I mean you might as well schedule Texas and Oregon for crying out loud and really embarrass yourselves.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly...
Yet amazingly you feel the need to follow me around like a love struck puppy dog. I'll tell ya what. If I ever feel the need to have my own stalker on here you'll be the first one I contact.

raw