• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, BC and VT got smoked. Not a good day so far for the ACC. BC and VT forgot to prepare any sort of defense for their games. BC looked pathetic and VT didn't do much better.

3-5

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, BC and VT got smoked. Not a good day so far for the ACC. BC and VT forgot to prepare any sort of defense for their games. BC looked pathetic and VT didn't do much better.

3-5

Duke strikes the ACC out with an 0-3 day. Oh well. There is tomorrow, after all!

We drop to 3-6

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys lose to ND does it count as a conference game loss?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys lose to ND does it count as a conference game loss?

Not in football. Not officially, anyway.

In all other sports they are in our conference officially. Except the sports they have that the ACC doesn't. (Like hockey)

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in football. Not officially, anyway.

In all other sports they are in our conference officially. Except the sports they have that the ACC doesn't. (Like hockey)

Then in all due respects you can't count them in your football stats either including the bowl count. It's just not honest.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then in all due respects you can't count them in your football stats either including the bowl count. It's just not honest.

I'm not counting them. And I did count the Toilet Terps' loss.

UNC, Pitt and Syracuse all won their bowl games. If I had counted ND, we would have 4 wins.

Losses: Miami, GT, Maryland, VT, BC and Duke

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've only got 2 bowl games left so there is no way we can go .500. The best we can do now is 5-6. And that's if Clemson can beat tOSU & FSU beats Auby.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. We sent 11 teams to bowl games? That must be some kind of record.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it; the ACC is great at basketball; and just good in football. The reverse is true for the SEC. It is what it is folks. That said, FSU is one hell of a team...it happens.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not counting them. And I did count the Toilet Terps' loss.

UNC, Pitt and Syracuse all won their bowl games. If I had counted ND, we would have 4 wins.

Losses: Miami, GT, Maryland, VT, BC and Duke
Forgot Pitt.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it; the ACC is great at basketball; and just good in football. The reverse is true for the SEC. It is what it is folks. That said, FSU is one hell of a team...it happens.

We will not rest on that. The ACC will continue to improve and we will be BETTER than the SEC in all sports. That is the new ACC attitude.

Football is cyclical. The SEC declined this year and will continue to do so.

Besides, the SEC is improving greatly in BB while the ACC may be declining. (I sure hope not!)

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will not rest on that. The ACC will continue to improve and we will be BETTER than the SEC in all sports. That is the new ACC attitude.

Besides, the SEC is improving greatly in BB while the ACC may be declining. (I sure hope not!)

I don't see a decline. I see offenses getting more prolific and defenses having trouble adjusting but the conference is just as strong as it has been for the last 10 years.

ACC is improving but top heavy.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with the additions of some very outstanding schools, I think you are on to something. IMO, the SEC is also top heavy in BB and has won some NC's over the past decade, however overall the ACC is simply outstanding. Football is the same only reverse. FSU stands alone with no rivals. Who can predict the future; however, I see the ACC and the SEC as the two big dogs for quite some time.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a decline. I see offenses getting more prolific and defenses having trouble adjusting but the conference is just as strong as it has been for the last 10 years.

ACC is improving but top heavy.

Florida is much worse. Your defenses are no longer brick walls. You can believe that if you want, but I believe the SEC is not as good overall as it was last year. Your teams seem to lost that "edge" they had in previous seasons.

Let's face it, last year TAM would have blown Duke out of the dome. And this year that didn't happen.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the additions of some very outstanding schools, I think you are on to something. IMO, the SEC is also top heavy in BB and has won some NC's over the past decade, however overall the ACC is simply outstanding. Football is the same only reverse. FSU stands alone with no rivals. Who can predict the future; however, I see the ACC and the SEC as the two big dogs for quite some time.

PAC is strong and getting stronger.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could live with that. Last year and before the ACC was the worst in football among the big boys. Not anymore. I think we made some huge strides this year.

The ACC is overall better. FSU is the only one making National noise, though, so I hear you on that.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could live with that. Last year and before the ACC was the worst in football among the big boys. Not anymore. I think we made some huge strides this year.

The ACC is overall better. FSU is the only one making National noise, though, so I hear you on that.

FSU is doing more that making national noise. Not sure if anyone in the ACC got within 2 TD's of that bunch...I call that unmitigated dominance. I can't remember when any team dominated their conference in that fashion. That said, IMO, Clemson and Duke are very good teams and FSU destroyed both. have to give it up to FSU; if they blow out Auburn, they might go down as one of the best team in College football history.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is doing more that making national noise. Not sure if anyone in the ACC got within 2 TD's of that bunch...I call that unmitigated dominance. I can't remember when any team dominated their conference in that fashion. That said, IMO, Clemson and Duke are very good teams and FSU destroyed both. have to give it up to FSU; if they blow out Auburn, they might go down as one of the best team in College football history.

FSU plays all 3 facets of the game very, very well. They make very few mistakes. It appears to me as though they will beat Auburn by 2 TDs. But stranger things have happened so we'll see.

I was hoping Clemson was going to be as good as FSU but they aren't, of course. I think they were better last year, really. Or they just haven't changed much. Good, but not great.

Duke's a shocker but the ACC really needed that win tonight. Oh well. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. And we (the ACC) will.