• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Roy, now Mike. Now justly wondering how much longer Boeheim lasts.

Based on age Boeheim will certainly be next. It sure appears that the ACC is losing a lot of hall of fame head coaching talent in a short period of time and this will probably mean not signing many of the 4 and 5 star recruits as well. We'll see.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very true.. @douggie

I believe we all could see this coming as Father Time waits for no man. Coach K has been a man of excellence for over 40 years. Name another coach that has established that type of resume. There's nobody. John Wooden won his titles when four games settled the champs. And the game had not evolved into the run and gun three point excitement we have now. K has won more games than anyone else. He's won FIVE Titles since the beginning of the modern age of college basketball, which began in 1985 expanding to 64 teams in the NCAA Tourney. He's affected so many lives and I always knew how to test greatness in coaching. That's when former players come back time and time again to see him, talk to him, be around him. I had the pleasure of meeting K at a coach's clinic/Duke practice when Grant Hill was at Duke. Yep, met him too. I just wish he could coach another 40 years but we know that cannot happen. All I know is what memories he's given me as a fan and follower of Duke basketball. Gods speed Coach K! Enjoy your last season and future retirement!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we all could see this coming as Father Time waits for no man. Coach K has been a man of excellence for over 40 years. Name another coach that has established that type of resume. There's nobody. John Wooden won his titles when four games settled the champs. And the game had not evolved into the run and gun three point excitement we have now. K has won more games than anyone else. He's won FIVE Titles since the beginning of the modern age of college basketball, which began in 1985 expanding to 64 teams in the NCAA Tourney. He's affected so many lives and I always knew how to test greatness in coaching. That's when former players come back time and time again to see him, talk to him, be around him. I had the pleasure of meeting K at a coach's clinic/Duke practice when Grant Hill was at Duke. Yep, met him too. I just wish he could coach another 40 years but we know that cannot happen. All I know is what memories he's given me as a fan and follower of Duke basketball. Gods speed Coach K! Enjoy your last season and future retirement!
Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You, my friend, have been blessed to follow YOUR TEAM under such great leadership for so long, and just think, you've got another year to enjoy this leadership. Right now the only two words I can come up with to describe Coach K are CLASS ACT but I'm sure I will think of more rewarding words to go along with this later. Most people who are leaving their job give a two week notice so I think one full year of notice just adds to CLASS ACT.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is: "Will this years Duke recruits now jump ship since Coach K is leaving after this season?"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - I wonder if Duke will now get Top 10 recruiting classes anymore after this season

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is: "Will this years Duke recruits now jump ship since Coach K is leaving after this season?"

I watched Coach K's press conference live today and it was great! He made it perfectly clear that he is all in and very excited about his upcoming last season as head coach for the Blue Devils. I don't think there is a good answer to your question right now since we don't know what kind of season Duke will have but you have presented a good question.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Coach K's press conference live today and it was great! He made it perfectly clear that he is all in and very excited about his upcoming last season as head coach for the Blue Devils. I don't think there is a good answer to your question right now since we don't know what kind of season Duke will have but you have presented a good question.

The press made me vomit with the way they asked questions and there questions but it was. Coach K absolutely will be 100% in this season for sure and he will demand perfection from his players I have no doubt of that. Just wonder the implications of him leaving

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press made me vomit with the way they asked questions and there questions but it was. Coach K absolutely will be 100% in this season for sure and he will demand perfection from his players I have no doubt of that. Just wonder the implications of him leaving

You're correct about the questions from the press but Coach K handled this press with ease. I think all of us who are following this story wonder about the implications of him leaving but I think Duke is prepared as well as they possibly can be for the transition that will be forthcoming which they have decided to take. Coach K made it clear that he will remain active at Duke for as long as he lives in one way or another so I've got a feeling that he will have basketball input for years to come.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct about the questions from the press but Coach K handled this press with ease. I think all of us who are following this story wonder about the implications of him leaving but I think Duke is prepared as well as they possibly can be for the transition that will be forthcoming which they have decided to take. Coach K made it clear that he will remain active at Duke for as long as he lives in one way or another so I've got a feeling that he will have basketball input for years to come.

Yes Coach K handled it with class. Especially considering all the stupid questions. With that said, I can't really blame the media for asking, they have too and I am sure they don't truly want to ask said questions but are forced too.

Coach K will certainly have lifelong input with Duke I am sure of that

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@redseat , The One And Done players are still going to play one season. Those good enough will throw their hats into the NBA draft. Those marginally good enough at the next level will test the waters. Those who need to work on their game some more will return to Duke and Scheyer.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - I wonder if Duke will now get Top 10 recruiting classes anymore after this season

The short answer is Yes. Before Coach K was at Duke Bill Foster recruited Mike Gminski, Gene Banks, Kenny Dennard, Jim Spanarkel, and Tate Armstrong. And before Foster was at Duke Vic Bubas, Hubie Brown, and Chuck Daly recruited Jack Marin, Jeff Mullins, Bob Verga, and Art Heyman.

I'm not worried about recruiting.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest cheaters out there, yet they just gloss it all over.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@redseat , The One And Done players are still going to play one season. Those good enough will throw their hats into the NBA draft. Those marginally good enough at the next level will test the waters. Those who need to work on their game some more will return to Duke and Scheyer.

Yeah this is true there are a lot of one and dones coming in. My best friend also mentioned that to me last night, which I guess doesn't mean much since they would leave regardless of who was the coach after one season