• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that officially make us the 4th seed in the ACC Tournament (don't know how the tiebreaker with Syracuse would go) or would we have to win 1 of the next 3 to make sure?
According to the graphics on ESPN during the game, the win guaranteed no worse than the 4. Win out and can get as high as 2.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 2... 8 seconds between shot and game clock... Why give the foul?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fresh hell is this?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... GG Tigers...

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is an enigma

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 wins against current top 11 teams. And still won’t make the tourney

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
France > Notre Dame

Olivier Sarr - 30 pts, 17 rebounds

:clap:

Duncan never put up 30/15

mattymath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how you get a 1 seed in the ACC tournament:

Florida St (72% chance): Any scenario where they win both games since they swept Louisville, the Cardinals lose tie-breaker even if they beat Virginia. A situation where they end up in a 2 way or 3 way tie for first also breaks their way. Basically the only way the don't automatically get the 1 seed if they win 1 more game and Louisville loses is if we end up in a 4-way tie. In that case Virginia could steal it from them if Clemson ends up tied for or in 5th (and NC State is not tied with them). If they lose both of their remaining games then they will not be a 1 seed.

Louisville (24% chance): It is simple. Beat Virginia and have Florida State lose at least 1 and you're the 1 seed. Also could get one seed even losing to Virginia if Virginia loses to Miami and Florida State loses both.

Virginia (4% chance): Must beat Miami, Must beat Louisville, Duke must beat UNC, Florida State must lose at least one. If this happened Virginia still needs Clemson to finish higher than NC State in the standings (not tied with them) in order for Virginia to get in. It is possible as Clemson has Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech left while NC State is 1/2 game back of Clemson and still has Wake Forest to play. Syracuse could throw a monkey wrench into this by finishing ahead of both teams. In that case FSU still gets the 1 seed. Of course, Virginia could win both and have FSU lose both and Virginia gets a 1 seed, also.

Duke (0% chance): In the event they tie for it they will lose out on tie-breakers only having gone 1-2 against the other teams here.

If everything goes chalk:
1 Florida State
2. Louisville
3. Duke
4. Virginia

With the crazy pack of teams 5-8 I don't think it matters much where you're seeded as long as you're in the top 4 and get the double bye.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how you get a 1 seed in the ACC tournament:

Florida St (72% chance): Any scenario where they win both games since they swept Louisville, the Cardinals lose tie-breaker even if they beat Virginia. A situation where they end up in a 2 way or 3 way tie for first also breaks their way. Basically the only way the don't automatically get the 1 seed if they win 1 more game and Louisville loses is if we end up in a 4-way tie. In that case Virginia could steal it from them if Clemson ends up tied for or in 5th (and NC State is not tied with them). If they lose both of their remaining games then they will not be a 1 seed.

Louisville (24% chance): It is simple. Beat Virginia and have Florida State lose at least 1 and you're the 1 seed. Also could get one seed even losing to Virginia if Virginia loses to Miami and Florida State loses both.

Virginia (4% chance): Must beat Miami, Must beat Louisville, Duke must beat UNC, Florida State must lose at least one. If this happened Virginia still needs Clemson to finish higher than NC State in the standings (not tied with them) in order for Virginia to get in. It is possible as Clemson has Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech left while NC State is 1/2 game back of Clemson and still has Wake Forest to play. Syracuse could throw a monkey wrench into this by finishing ahead of both teams. In that case FSU still gets the 1 seed. Of course, Virginia could win both and have FSU lose both and Virginia gets a 1 seed, also.

Duke (0% chance): In the event they tie for it they will lose out on tie-breakers only having gone 1-2 against the other teams here.

If everything goes chalk:
1 Florida State
2. Louisville
3. Duke
4. Virginia

With the crazy pack of teams 5-8 I don't think it matters much where you're seeded as long as you're in the top 4 and get the double bye.

You're making me dizzy newbie but welcome to the forum and the ACC threads.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's enough out of you

now go fetch me some BBQ

Well, if I was in Lexington, where I think you like your BBQ from, I would buy you the biggest plate on the menu. But since I'm not in Lexington, I've got to say that that eastern NC BBQ will always be better than any BBQ in NC from Lexington and west.