• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how much better UVA seems to be playing as of late. Woldentense has really found his shot. Great effort against Louisville despite the shit officiating on both sides.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how much better UVA seems to be playing as of late. Woldentense has really found his shot. Great effort against Louisville despite the shit officiating on both sides.
I didn't watch the game but judging from the box score, it's hard that when the other team gets hot from 3. I do admire UVA's tenacity from being down by 14 and coming back to tie it late.
It's going to be an interesting race to see who gets that 4th and final double bye in the ACC tournament this year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech went from being in the NCAAT discussion to dogshit pretty quickly

down to #93 on kenpom and that probably doesn't reflect today's result against BC

I've told everyone from the start that they aren't a particularly good team. All they can do is shoot 3s. If you stop that or at least make them work for it, you'll beat them. It took awhile, but the scouts in the ACC have finally figured that out

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke got lucky on the bad call late but UNC should have never let the game get to that point. UNC had 10 point lead with 2 minutes left. If UNC could make free throws it would’ve been over.

Yep. Sorry but you can't cry about the refs if you were up 13 with 4:15 left in the game

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy's refusal to slow the game down has killed Carolina many times over the years. when you have a large lead with limited time left, i think it's time to slow down the run and gun.

pretty comical that they let Duke back into the game not once, but twice.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony is a baller though. Reminds me of Kyrie Irving.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game- so I had to find out:

Did Duke Win?

My friend, just like all of us I'm sure you have missed some things in life but I feel pretty certain you didn't miss this game but even if you did for some special reason I feel more than pretty certain you found out who won before asking. I'm just messing with you.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend, just like all of us I'm sure you have missed some things in life but I feel pretty certain you didn't miss this game but even if you did for some special reason I feel more than pretty certain you found out who won before asking. I'm just messing with you.

I really did miss the game as I had a Valentines dinner in Greensboro I had to attend, but I was getting updates all along.

BTW, why in the hell was this game played at 6pm EST? It's usually at 9pm!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really did miss the game as I had a Valentines dinner in Greensboro I had to attend, but I was getting updates all along.

It sounds like you are celebrating Valentines a little early but I hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Good question . . . . . I don't know when and why the ACC went to 6:00PM for quite a few Saturday night games but I remember the same thing happening last year, or the year before, when Duke played at Virginia when both teams were loaded and I almost missed it because I was grilling out on my deck.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you are celebrating Valentines a little early but I hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Good question . . . . . I don't know when and why the ACC went to 6:00PM for quite a few Saturday night games but I remember the same thing happening last year, or the year before, when Duke played at Virginia when both teams were loaded and I almost missed it because I was grilling out on my deck.

it's an ESPN thing

they want the marquee college game of the night going on at 6:00, so it doesn't go head to head with their lolNBA primetime game on ABC.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's an ESPN thing

they want the marquee college game of the night going on at 6:00, so it doesn't go head to head with their lolNBA primetime game on ABC.

Thanks for the explanation. I've always thought 6:30PM is a weird time to start a Super Bowl game every year too but I realize that TV controls starting times for ratings purposes.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hands of those Duke fans are so close to the player when they're inbounding the ball from the sidelines. Why doesn't a player cock the ball back or swing it wide like he's going for a longer pass, have it hit one of their hands, and get a fan interference call? Wouldn't that be some sort of technical foul?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so f**king hate Duke...

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so f**king hate Duke...

Worst shooting game of the season for us, and we lose by 5 at Duke. I like our chances if we play them in the ACC Tourney, because it's likely we shoot a lot better, compared to the anomaly last night.

I thought they were going to try to unleash Wilkes, but the score I guess was too close to start jacking up 3's.

And what a terrible foul call on Forest getting hit by swinging elbows.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst shooting game of the season for us, and we lose by 5 at Duke. I like our chances if we play them in the ACC Tourney, because it's likely we shoot a lot better, compared to the anomaly last night.

I thought they were going to try to unleash Wilkes, but the score I guess was too close to start jacking up 3's.

And what a terrible foul call on Forest getting hit by swinging elbows.

Hurt never touched him, he did get poked in the eye by his own teammate though

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Manning is 0-24 as WF coach against Duke, UNC and UVA. Eventually one of them will be the team that lets him pop his cherry against these three. Hopefully tonight.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt never touched him, he did get poked in the eye by his own teammate though

Yeah... Is that the super secret Duke angle of the play that the rest of the country isn't privy to?

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a "let the kids play" scenario.

But given the state of the game, FSU is going to foul immediately if Duke gets the ball. The ref knew that and jumped the gun on calling the foul