• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Hokies are starting to look like a contender … Congrats!

Contender is taking it too far. But they could compete for a tournament slot. Considering the roster turnover and a coaching change, that's a massive surprise.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still enjoying the shit out of this? I sure am as Clemson takes down Orange County Community College in Whisky Hill!

The BPI Bracket Predictor gave North Carolina just a 1% chance of making the tournament BEFORE losing to Clemson today. Short of a miraculous run at the ACC tournament - it's over for the Tar Heels. The NIT is now in doubt with an 8-8 record.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He literally asked his AD to fire him. I think he's dead serious too. His body language this season has indicated that he doesn't really want to coach anymore but he can't quit
Kind of funny. We hear coaches talk about playing hard, giving your all, being a family. Then their team is garbage and they do exactly what they tell their players not to do. Go to the media and throw everyone under the bus

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contender is taking it too far. But they could compete for a tournament slot. Considering the roster turnover and a coaching change, that's a massive surprise.

Not one senior on the team, and VT gets a transfer eligible that Young brought from Wofford. Along with a couple 4 stars coming in. I think VT has itself set up for a great run over the next couple of years, assuming Landers doesn't go pro early.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny. We hear coaches talk about playing hard, giving your all, being a family. Then their team is garbage and they do exactly what they tell their players not to do. Go to the media and throw everyone under the bus

That's what happens when you're a little prima donna and you're handed the keys to blueblood programs like UNC and Kansas.

The funny thing about it is he created this situation. Nobody would have gave him any flak for this season with the injuries and uncertainties considering he's 2 yrs removed from a national title, and 4 from national title runner up.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine what the Duke/Carolina betting line will be when they meet

It will depend on whether Anthony comes back to play against Duke which is probably exactly what happens.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm clearly the biggest FSU Seminole fan on this board, no one can compete with my knowledge of Florida State athletics

So you're basically a general knowledge fuckstick who thinks he has his finger on the pulse of all things college hoops. Got it.

And at this point, yes... Hamilton is probably the best coach FSU Basketball has ever had, unless you want to go back to Hugh Durham, maybe. His career winning percentage at FSU is .01% higher than Pat Kennedy, but again, until the last three or four years, his tenure was VERY similar to Kennedy's in that the talent was there, but the coaching seemed very suspect.

Clearly you don't grasp that in the time range I was ready for a new coach, we'd missed the NCAA Tourney for four straight years... Yeah, seemed like Leonard had done as much with us as possible. It was a matter of whether we desired to remain in basketball mediocrity, or bring in a fresh face to maybe at least TRY to take us to the next level. Again, the run we've been on the last three years has been fantastic and I admit that I am glad we kept Hamilton.

Was wondering out loud about what he has been doing differently. Because this is NOT the same type of squad he had been taking to the Tournament during our four year run from 2009-2012. Those teams you knew were dead the second they ran up against a decent coach. Recently things have been different.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner of ACC might not get a #1 seed this year, can't even remember the last time that happened.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner of ACC might not get a #1 seed this year, can't even remember the last time that happened.

2014 would be my guess? Only because I know Duke lost to Mercer in the 3/14 game, and UNC was like a 6 seed that year or something. UL was still in the AAC, and I don't recall Cuse being great that year either.

Edit. Well that was wrong. UVA was a #1 seed in 2014.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kihei Clark is one of the most careless players I’ve seen with the ball in the Tony Bennett era at UVA.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't talk bad about him on the sabre, you'll be crucified.
I believe it. On one of the UVA Facebook pages, a few people tried to let me have it because I thought Stattman hasn’t done shit this year.