• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2022 Texas Rangers season begins TONIGHT. TEX @ TOR 4/8-10

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers had four today! Keep asking pertinent questions like this. It worked.
At that point I was just tired of the hated Jays wearing out our pitching staff. im glad we got 1 win and got the hell out of there.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it is all about baseball politics?
It is probably mainly about being stubborn.

Pride goes into it somewhat as well, just like it did to an even greater extent with the Odor situation. It can be a little hard for them to admit an error in judgment at times. Although, I guess it can be said there is still the chance that they still think they were right, and if so, that begs the question, is it because they are blinded by their original error in judgment? Who knows when stubbornness bleeds into pride and vice versa. It would make a great study on the psychological level.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to give players the benefit of the doubt and not go by 1 game.
What about going by all the games he has pitched in in the big leagues? Or, maybe by those as a Ranger?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pride goes into it somewhat as well, just like it did to an even greater extent with the Odor situation. It can be a little hard for them to admit an error in judgment at times. Although, I guess it can be said there is still the chance that they still think they were right, and if so, that begs the question, is it because they are blinded by their original error in judgment? Who knows when stubbornness bleeds into pride and vice versa. It would make a great study on the psychological level.

Sandler said Howard will get at least 4-5 starts and Burke is still mainly a multi inning releice. I asked if he was ramped you but did not address that specifically

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about going by all the games he has pitched in in the big leagues? Or, maybe by those as a Ranger?

Supposedly they retooled his mechanics or something in the offseason. They'll see if it makes a difference, and that's alright.

My gut tells me that Spencer won't be in the rotation very long if he strings together a few more of these starts.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know but perhaps the Rangers see something in him we don’t see this the investment. But yes Burke obviously looks like a better pitcher right now

The Rangers have now shown that they are now not Addie as to pull the plug. I have not given up on Howard but you would find no argument from me if he was best served in the minors and earns his way back up

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really pulling for him

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did it see this posted but worth the read

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol what is earthing. I must not be with it

During his warm up they mentioned he practiced earthing. Letting his bare feet touch the bare ground to get better energy from the earth lol

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During his warm up they mentioned he practiced earthing. Letting his bare feet touch the bare ground to get better energy from the earth lol

He needs to shove a baseball up his ass to get a better feel for that

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burke looked really good. When he missed, he missed out of the zone.. not into the middle

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Howard has definitely not found his inner Chi

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Ranger great Jose Trevino is catching tonight for the Yankees tonight against the Red Sox. Gotta be a thrill for him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Ranger great Jose Trevino is catching tonight for the Yankees tonight against the Red Sox. Gotta be a thrill for him.
Wishing him well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly they retooled his mechanics or something in the offseason. They'll see if it makes a difference, and that's alright.

My gut tells me that Spencer won't be in the rotation very long if he strings together a few more of these starts.
The thing is, he could be just as bad next time out, but with better results since he won't be facing Toronto. It will be easy to say he is making progress just like we heard when he did very well against the A's backups a couple of weeks ago.

I understand they want to give him more starts, but this is the worst season to do that with the short ST making it tough for every starter to go more than 4 innings. The bullpens were going to be taxed even without Howard in the rotation.

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, he could be just as bad next time out, but with better results since he won't be facing Toronto. It will be easy to say he is making progress just like we heard when he did very well against the A's backups a couple of weeks ago.

I understand they want to give him more starts, but this is the worst season to do that with the short ST making it tough for every starter to go more than 4 innings. The bullpens were going to be taxed even without Howard in the rotation.

We'll just have to see how it plays out. We've seen a different mindset from the FO than in years past recently, maybe they'll handle this better than we expect.