• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2015-2016 Golden State Warriors= Biggest chokers in recent memory

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can OKC, they had them on the ropes before they gave up the lead, who knows how the spurs will be as well

This isn't about OKC lol. This is about people thinking the Warriors are done and won't contend next year

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can play a lot better than they did in the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to the Warriors showing better form next season. They really struggled during these playoffs. The series against the Blazers was a lot closer than the 4-1 result would indicate. The Warriors were lucky to get past the Thunder.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no guarantee they come out of the west. This is just my opinion, but i don't think he can play any better than last year so i see decline. Every shot he threw up would go in... On the cavs side Irving hasn't even entered his prime yet and love is just entering and thompson will also get better. These players hadn't even played in a finals till this year...I see Irving and love coming back a lot better next season.

No one is a guarantee to come out of the West, unless the Spurs or the Warriors get Durant. Even then, it's not as much of a guarantee as the Cavs coming out of the East, IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the Warriors showing better form next season. They really struggled during these playoffs. The series against the Blazers was a lot closer than the 4-1 result would indicate. The Warriors were lucky to get past the Thunder.

Yep and honestly 3 of the 4 wins vs the Blazers could have easily gone towards the Blazers. Ton of close games late in the 4th/OT where the Warriors used their playoffs experience and Steph making some sick shots to pull away. They played pretty poorly by their standards for most of the playoffs. Day and Night when you compare it to how they played in the regular season

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and honestly 3 of the 4 wins vs the Blazers could have easily gone towards the Blazers. Ton of close games late in the 4th/OT where the Warriors used their playoffs experience and Steph making some sick shots to pull away. They played pretty poorly by their standards for most of the playoffs. Day and Night when you compare it to how they played in the regular season

Yeah, the Warriors should've treated the Blazers like scrubs. Instead, a lot of those games were high stress nail biters.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about OKC lol. This is about people thinking the Warriors are done and won't contend next year

Why would anyone think the warriors are done, i just think they won't make the finals...I thought that is what we were talking about?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone think the warriors are done, i just think they won't make the finals...I thought that is what we were talking about?

No there were others acting like they won't contend and they're done

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can OKC, they had them on the ropes before they gave up the lead, who knows how the spurs will be as well

I don't think Ws are done. But I do think OKC will be better next year than last. (obviously KD must be back) Also, Spurs now know they must retool. (and they could in a big way with Conley & Gasol)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ws are done. But I do think OKC will be better next year than last. (obviously KD must be back) Also, Spurs now know they must retool. (and they could in a big way with Conley & Gasol)

The Spurs are going to be formidable. They could get Durant, but even if they don't, they will still come out winners in free agency. A lot of players want to come to San Antonio, so you gotta figure that the Spurs are going to be able to retool as needed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

I hope Durant goes back to OKC. Them going to 7- and then making that trade- i dont think he HAS to - but i think he will.

Spurs are finally getting a little old. I like your thoughts on Conley and Gasol. I think KAwhi Leonoard is a great player- hes obviously top 10 in the league- but he is not a guy you give the ball to in the 4th and say - WIN THIS FOR ME- yet----- he could develop it- but has not yet. Aldridge is never gonna be that guy- very skilled but kinda soft- a little Kevin Lovish at times....

I think the Clippers could be poised to have a good season. I think Blake is gonna take it very seriously and show people he isnt the clown he made himself out to be last season. It definitely depends on the rest of their offseason moves though too.

Golden State is not near done. They have Curry/Klay/Draymond which is an amazing core- they definitely need to retool their roster though and have a lot of decisions to make- especially iwth Curry on the verge of a humongous raise next year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think the Warriors showed their true colors in the last two series and that people figured out how to guard them. That was not the case. They will improve their team this off season whether or not they get Durant. I expect they will take it easy a bit during the regular season and we will see the real Warriors next June.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, this was the biggest choke in recent memory. It's bigger than OKCs own 3-1 collapse this year.

BUT, no way in hell are the Ws "done" and anyone thinking that is crazy.
--Won the title last year
--Lost in 7 games in the finals this year
--won 73 games this season and looked unstoppable doing it
--still have multiple all stars on the team, Curry, Thompson, Green
--after winning the MVP last year, Curry actually got even better this season, winning the MVP again
--the Cavs didn't "expose" anything about Ws that other teams didn't already know
--after collapsing in the finals, they'll come back next year with something to prove
--I think we'll see Ws rest players more often next regular season

So, no, the Ws are not done. It'll be a massive upset if they're not in the conference finals next season. Done? That's just crazy talk.

I'm not saying the Warriors are done, but they need to make some adjustments on both ends of the floor. The Thunder and Cavs provided the blueprint on how to beat them.

Fortunately for them, there aren't a lot of teams that have the players necessary to beat them, so they will still win a lot of games. But they are going to have to make some changes if they want to win more titles. Nothing necessarily major, just some tweaks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the Warriors are done, but they need to make some adjustments on both ends of the floor. The Thunder and Cavs provided the blueprint on how to beat them.

Fortunately for them, there aren't a lot of teams that have the players necessary to beat them, so they will still win a lot of games. But they are going to have to make some changes if they want to win more titles. Nothing necessarily major, just some tweaks.

Not making excuses for anybody, but assuming that the Thunder and Cavs found the blueprint also implicitly assumes that Curry was playing at full speed. normally he can get in the paint at will and make plays when defenders crowd him. It isn't like Cleveland and OKC were the first teams to try to play physical with him and make Barnes, Green, Iggy etc. beat them.

Curry was unable to get consistent dribble penetration after he got hurt. Was it the defense or the injury? I think it was a combination of both. Again, this is not an excuse. GS had their core guys playing and had enough to win, but Curry needs to be 100% for the dubs to be at their best. He will be again next season. I really hope both teams are fully healthy next June so we can get the tiebreaker with no excuses on either side.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Warriors really imploded in the finals. Got to think, though, they'll come back hungrier next year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making excuses for anybody, but assuming that the Thunder and Cavs found the blueprint also implicitly assumes that Curry was playing at full speed. normally he can get in the paint at will and make plays when defenders crowd him. It isn't like Cleveland and OKC were the first teams to try to play physical with him and make Barnes, Green, Iggy etc. beat them.

Curry was unable to get consistent dribble penetration after he got hurt. Was it the defense or the injury? I think it was a combination of both. Again, this is not an excuse. GS had their core guys playing and had enough to win, but Curry needs to be 100% for the dubs to be at their best. He will be again next season. I really hope both teams are fully healthy next June so we can get the tiebreaker with no excuses on either side.

I'm not sure I buy Curry being hurt as the reason for him not driving to the hoop. Not saying it's not the reason and there are rumors about him possibly having some kind of surgery in the off-season.

But the Thunder and Cavs have something that a lot of teams don't, players who are bigger and stronger than Curry while still being just as quick and fast. They also have players who made him work hard on the defensive end of the floor.

Both teams, at least in the games they won, also beat the Warriors up inside and on the boards. There's a reason that they only use the "death lineup" about 15 minutes or so per game. That's a great lineup for speeding the game up. But eventually, that lineup gets beat up on the boards and in the paint.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what happened to the Ws in the conference finals and the finals was that the odds caught up with them. For 2 seasons now, GS has been used to hitting a statistically unlikely shot, the 3pointer, at a much higher than normal rate. The long distance shot powers their offense. Every game it was either Curry or Klay and when they struggled, Green cleaned it up. When the 3pt % fell to average and below average at the same time they faced a team that could guard the paint (and score in the paint), they struggled, should've lost to OKC and did lose to Cleveland.

Nobody is expecting another 73 win season. Doesn't mean they can't win 64 games and be in the same position they were this year with HCA throughout the playoffs.
True.

Curry last 2 seasons were his best seasons of his careers. Why can't he continue to get better and have a even better season next year.
Why can't he continue to get better? Because his shooting defied the statistical odds by quite a ways. It's possible that Curry could have an ever better year next year, but it's very unlikely. It's much more likely that last year was the best year he'll ever have. Having said that, the Curry of 2 years ago would still be an MVP candidate and likely have his team in the conference finals.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I buy Curry being hurt as the reason for him not driving to the hoop. Not saying it's not the reason and there are rumors about him possibly having some kind of surgery in the off-season.

But the Thunder and Cavs have something that a lot of teams don't, players who are bigger and stronger than Curry while still being just as quick and fast. They also have players who made him work hard on the defensive end of the floor.

Both teams, at least in the games they won, also beat the Warriors up inside and on the boards. There's a reason that they only use the "death lineup" about 15 minutes or so per game. That's a great lineup for speeding the game up. But eventually, that lineup gets beat up on the boards and in the paint.

This is all true, but to me the difference was watching Curry with the ball when bigs switched on him. In the regular season, he would pull up for 3 a decent amount, but he probably drove to the rim at least 50% of the time in those situations. In the playoffs, he was almost always settling for 3. Still a good shot for him, but defenders were able to contest better when they were not afraid of the drive.

I can buy Westbrook, Durant, Waiters or LeBron being able to keep Curry out of the paint 1 on 1, but not Adams, Kanter, Love and Irving. Yet he rarely drove, even on those guys. That to me is a signal that he was not right.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what happened to the Ws in the conference finals and the finals was that the odds caught up with them. For 2 seasons now, GS has been used to hitting a statistically unlikely shot, the 3pointer, at a much higher than normal rate. Every game it was either Curry or Klay and when they struggled, Green cleaned up inside. When the 3pt % fell to average and below average at the same time they faced a team that could guard the paint (and score in the paint), they struggled, should've lost to OKC and did lose to Cleveland.

True.

Why can't he continue to get better? Because his shooting defied the statistical odds by quite a ways. It's possible that Curry could have an ever better year next year, but it's very unlikely. It's much more likely that last year was the best year he'll ever have. Having said that, the Curry of 2 years ago would still be an MVP candidate and likely have his team in the conference finals.

I disagree here.

They shoot 3s because they are great shooters. That shot is not statistically unlikely for them. An open 3 for Curry or Klay is as good as a layup. In fact, the Cavs were successful defensively because they were more willing to give up lay ups for other guys than they were 3s for Curry and Klay.

The problem is they got few open looks, but took the shots anyway. IMO, Curry's inability to get separation from defenders kind of forced the rest of the offense to bog down. They were essentially playing without their best playmaker and were much easier to guard with Curry relegated to shooting difficult 3s and not getting in the lane.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true, but to me the difference was watching Curry with the ball when bigs switched on him. In the regular season, he would pull up for 3 a decent amount, but he probably drove to the rim at least 50% of the time in those situations. In the playoffs, he was almost always settling for 3. Still a good shot for him, but defenders were able to contest better when they were not afraid of the drive.

I can buy Westbrook, Durant, Waiters or LeBron being able to keep Curry out of the paint 1 on 1, but not Adams, Kanter, Love and Irving. Yet he rarely drove, even on those guys. That to me is a signal that he was not right.

True, and like I said, I'm not saying he wasn't hurt. But those guys also aren't guarding him much, more of a "show" than actually guarding him. I will say though, that he definitely wasn't blowing by them to at least take mid-range shots, so you may well be right about him not being healthy. Love sticking with him some at the end of game 7 was probably most telling.