• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 18 Hole Commitment

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of only playing 9? and IF you are driving an hour out of your way to play then that's a complete waste of your time to only do 9

Leagues are all 9 holes. I can't remember the last time I only played 9 aside from league play, but if all you have is a couple hours, why not. I've never played a 5+ hour round myself. Whenever it looked as if it was going to be that slow, I just split. Slow play is a killer. I refuse to do it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leagues are all 9 holes. I can't remember the last time I only played 9 aside from league play, but if all you have is a couple hours, why not. I've never played a 5+ hour round myself. Whenever it looked as if it was going to be that slow, I just split. Slow play is a killer. I refuse to do it.

I've never been in a league play before so I wouldn't know about how many holes they play.. But makes sense because usually they are on like a ranom Tuesday at 5 pm..

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I despise golf events of any kind. They all start no earlier than 10 am.
I can't remember the last time I had a tee time 7am. And I have never played 9 holes. It takes me 9 just to loosen up.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been in a league play before so I wouldn't know about how many holes they play.. But makes sense because usually they are on like a ranom Tuesday at 5 pm..

Leagues are where many courses make their money.. sort of like bowling, leagues and/or tournaments. That's why it's often nearly impossible to get a tee time after 3-4pm or so during the week a lot of places... league play.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the traditionalists on here crack me up.

I have been playing for a good part of my life and I think a full round of golf is just inconvenient. It takes too fucking long, even if it is just 4 hrs. It is a commitment that a lot of people just don't have time for.

and don't get me wrong, I love playing 18 holes when I have time. But there are times I am finsihing up 15 and like "fuck I still have 3 more holes before I can get a hot dog"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been playing for a good part of my life and I think a full round of golf is just inconvenient. It takes too fucking long, even if it is just 4 hrs. It is a commitment that a lot of people just don't have time for.

and don't get me wrong, I love playing 18 holes when I have time. But there are times I am finsihing up 15 and like "fuck I still have 3 more holes before I can get a hot dog"

If you don't have the time to do 18 then should golf really be your sport? With the amount of money you have to spend on the game itself (not including the fees to actually play a round) and you only play a few holes, just doesn't seem right to me...

You can easily leave after 15 if you want to. No one said you truly had to play all 18 but I like playing 18. So a course in TPC in Cromwell you would leave after playing 9?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a full 18 holes of golf often takes more than 5 hrs to play with an hour drive to and from the course....that's a fucking long day.

I remember seeing someone talking about breaking golf courses into 6 hole thirds (might have been Paige Spiranac) and I thought that was an interesting idea.

what do you think?
Its absurd. Fuck millennials who don't have the attention span to get through 18 holes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What an asshole you must be

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USGA has adjusted their handicapping rules to allow for and account for 9-hole rounds. This in general is a major win for golf among the masses.

The average American doesn't have the time to commit to a 5+ hour trek around a public course. Love to see it.
Its terrible. So many people can play a solid 9 holes but can't get it done for 18. It gives you a bad handicap when you have to play 18 in a tournament

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not playing in the same group, you're not listening to my music any more than you're hearing other people yell or cars drive by.

You're not in the PGA. It's a game
Another example of how assholes are ruining the game

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have the time to do 18 then should golf really be your sport? With the amount of money you have to spend on the game itself (not including the fees to actually play a round) and you only play a few holes, just doesn't seem right to me...

You can easily leave after 15 if you want to. No one said you truly had to play all 18 but I like playing 18. So a course in TPC in Cromwell you would leave after playing 9?
which is why I am discussing it here. Why limit who can get into the game based on whether they can fit 18 holes in?

and I enjoy golfing a lot, so I will continue to play.

but if there were a change that said "we are breaking it into 6 hole allotments, I would be all for it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the old fogeys who are shaking their fist at the youngins trying to change their game crack me up

Reactions: gob

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I despise golf events of any kind. They all start no earlier than 10 am.
I can't remember the last time I had a tee time 7am. And I have never played 9 holes. It takes me 9 just to loosen up.
I'm VP and tournament director for my golf club. Our tournaments always start at the beginning of the day. This time of year its 7:30 here in AZ

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm VP and tournament director for my golf club. Our tournaments always start at the beginning of the day. This time of year its 7:30 here in AZ
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ADHD generation? GTFO.

Millennials have full time jobs and kids. That means you're teeing off after 4pm at the earliest (and there's no way you're getting a full loop in on a public course before dark) or you're driving 30+ min to and from a course on Saturday or Sunday to slog through a crowded 5.5 hour round. No beginner is going to deal with that.

Meanwhile TopGolf is just absolutely printing money hand over fist. One-two hours of approachable fun for people of all abilities.

I played down at Pinehurst last week and while #2 and #4 were awesome, I had WAY more fun walking barefoot around The Cradle with a marg in hand with my buddies.
Stop your whining.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop your whining.
ironic

someone proposes a way to make the game more accessible to the masses and you come in here whining but call someone else a whiner.

hilarious.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a full 18 holes of golf often takes more than 5 hrs to play with an hour drive to and from the course....that's a fucking long day.

I remember seeing someone talking about breaking golf courses into 6 hole thirds (might have been Paige Spiranac) and I thought that was an interesting idea.

what do you think?
Then you are ruining it for everyone who is unfortunate to get stuck behind you. Recommend you get a new game. Maybe badminton or pickle ball

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are ruining it for everyone who is unfortunate to get stuck behind you. Recommend you get a new game. Maybe badminton or pickle ball
sure thing, Judge Smails