• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your best and worst holes of the year

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that scored a 12 if you take the mulligan. Nice.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#4 today. I normally hit with a 3 wood from the blue tee box to avoid the water but figured I would grab the driver and try to make it over.

Nope. Lost the first ball in the water.

Went back to my bag and grabbed my 3 wood for a mulligan and was right on target just short of the water.

Second shot with a 4-iron I hit really fat. a huge divot went flying about 20 feet and my ball went bouncing down the fairway and into the water.

Dropped and swung again pulled the ball to the left in the deep rough.

First swing from the rough sent the ball straight into a tree and it ricocheted back about 5 feet from where it was when I hit it. Second swing from the rough and the tall grass caught my club face just right and I ended up shanking it directly over to the right across the other end of the fairway under a bunch of trees.

Got lucky with a punch-shot and sent the ball low and out from under the trees and toward the green landing about 40 yards short.

Grabbed my wedge for an easy pitch onto the green but hit the ball thin and launched it over the green about equal distance away on the other side.

At this point I was about ready to quit and go home. Got the ball on the green. And took three putts to finish.

The next hole I was able to settle down and got a chip in for birdie.
On the bright side, you avoided the sand trap.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#4 today. I normally hit with a 3 wood from the blue tee box to avoid the water but figured I would grab the driver and try to make it over.

Went back to my bag and grabbed my 3 wood for a mulligan and was right on target just short of the water.

Second shot with a 4-iron I hit really fat. a huge divot went flying about 20 feet and my ball went bouncing down the fairway and into the water.

First swing from the rough sent the ball straight into a tree and it ricocheted back about 5 feet from where it was when I hit it. Second swing from the rough and the tall grass caught my club face just right and I ended up shanking it directly over to the right across the other end of the fairway under a bunch of trees.

Got lucky with a punch-shot and sent the ball low and out from under the trees and toward the green landing about 40 yards short.

Grabbed my wedge for an easy pitch onto the green but hit the ball thin and launched it over the green about equal distance away on the other side.

At this point I was about ready to quit and go home. Got the ball on the green. And took three putts to finish.

Were you just a glutton for punishment or something? Since we wouldn't give you a mulligan, I'm counting like 14 or 15...Was a need to you to hole out? We would give you dbl par pick up and limit your frustration....but we've all been there in some form or fashion.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you just a glutton for punishment or something? Since we wouldn't give you a mulligan, I'm counting like 14 or 15...Was a need to you to hole out? We would give you dbl par pick up and limit your frustration....but we've all been there in some form or fashion.
I play snowman golf. I don’t write down anything bigger than “8” :thumb:

I have to finish. I won’t get better unless I get through the bad stuff too. Every now and then the strokes start to pile up. It’s mostly a head-thing. One or two bad strokes could avalanche in a hurry if I don’t calm down and try not to think during the next swing. It’s when I start thinking that things start to get bad.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play snowman golf. I don’t write down anything bigger than “8” :thumb:

I have to finish. I won’t get better unless I get through the bad stuff too. Every now and then the strokes start to pile up. It’s mostly a head-thing. One or two bad strokes could avalanche in a hurry if I don’t calm down and try not to think during the next swing. It’s when I start thinking that things start to get bad.

I hear ya...I think 99% of the time when I have a blow up (+3 or worse) hole it started with the drive, and I compounded the problem with other mistakes (flubbed shot, 3 putt, etc.) somewhere along the way. But I don't think I really learn a whole bunch grinding out big numbers just for the sake of holing out. Next hole.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...I think 99% of the time when I have a blow up (+3 or worse) hole it started with the drive, and I compounded the problem with other mistakes (flubbed shot, 3 putt, etc.) somewhere along the way. But I don't think I really learn a whole bunch grinding out big numbers just for the sake of holing out. Next hole.
Once I catch myself blowing up, the rest is just practice. I think I just get frustrated at a bad swing and want to hit the next one correctly then I start thinking about what I did wrong...head down, hip turn, shoulder turn, did I release too early? Too late? Etc etc. It won’t fix itself until I stop thinking about it. Sometimes it can last an entire day. Not as bad as my 14-15 that I dropped the other day...that was mainly because the weather was shitty and there weren’t many people there. If I had a group on my ass I would have just moved on

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
260 out, tucked pin, 5 mph headwind, i pull back the 8 snap it at the top, pinch it at the bottom, hit a snap hook fade draw, right at the pin. 1 hops past the hole then backs up...in the hole!!!!!.....:heh:

No stinkin' WAY you hit a snap hook fade draw with an 8 iron.

Now, if you had said you hit a draw fade hook snap...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I catch myself blowing up, the rest is just practice. I think I just get frustrated at a bad swing and want to hit the next one correctly then I start thinking about what I did wrong...head down, hip turn, shoulder turn, did I release too early? Too late? Etc etc. It won’t fix itself until I stop thinking about it. Sometimes it can last an entire day. Not as bad as my 14-15 that I dropped the other day...that was mainly because the weather was shitty and there weren’t many people there. If I had a group on my ass I would have just moved on

That's the plight of a weekend golfer....the way they stack times on Sat....90% of the time somebody is close behind. Every now and then I'll get a late afternoon round in during the week...but most of those times I'm walking a par 3 course or the executive par 63 track, and I do score it, but I'm mostly just working on my game during a live round.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the plight of a weekend golfer....the way they stack times on Sat....90% of the time somebody is close behind. Every now and then I'll get a late afternoon round in during the week...but most of those times I'm walking a par 3 course or the executive par 63 track, and I do score it, but I'm mostly just working on my game during a live round.
My course isn’t usually too crowded and Saturday mornings are members only. I’d like to play a few rounds during the week but I get pretty busy in the evenings after work. I walk the full course. It’s good exercise plus I’m quicker than most people on a cart. Hit the ball and walk straight up to it - while most people are driving around looking.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst hole of the year: Just an FYI I suck
Long Par 5
Lose 3 balls off the first tee to the left into the woods. Finally 4th shot I hit it into the woods, but bounces off a tree and onto the fairway. Next shot I hit it like 50 yards rolling. Get to the ball hit it clean and pure goes over the green and into the sand trap. Try to pitch it onto the green hit it thin and it goes flying into the woods and I lose another ball. Drop it on the green and 3 putt it in. At this point I am thinking I should just go back to the car. Next hole I did almost as bad.

Best hole of the year was the hole after that. A even longer par 5 with water hazards to the left and I always hit the ball to the left. So i think okay ill swing easy and it will not go so far and maybe not go into the pond. Somehow swinging it easier made it fly far and straight. Probably my longest drive ever and I went over a sand trap I usually can't get to when the tees are much closer. So i figure Ill swing it nice and easy again using a 4 hybrid from 200 yards out. It lands right before the green and rolls 3 feet from the cup. I'm stunned. Never have I between close to the green in 3 shots on a par 5 and I am right next to the hole. I go up there and of course miss the putt. I think I was too nervous. But I did get my first birdie of the year and I went on to par 4 more holes.

Who knew swinging it not so hard and being more relaxed and causal with your swing would make it fly farther and straighter? That was like 2 weeks ago and now I am thinking I might be able to break 100 this year. I might even get in the low 90s.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys who take big numbers could right the ship by watching the ball until after impact. Multiple flubbed shots are always caused by this.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Save yourself some frustration. After the richochet off the tree I’m carding double whatever par on the hole is and cracking a beer in the cart

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save yourself some frustration. After the richochet off the tree I’m carding double whatever par on the hole is and cracking a beer in the cart

It all depends upon whether you're trying to keep a card. I've had a blow-up hole on the front side, parred the back 9 and shot in the 70s.

Most folks who take really big numbers are less concerned with a score but if you pick the ball up at any point in the round, you've negated your score.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends upon whether you're trying to keep a card. I've had a blow-up hole on the front side, parred the back 9 and shot in the 70s.

Most folks who take really big numbers are less concerned with a score but if you pick the ball up at any point in the round, you've negated your score.

My friends and I aren’t on tour and play for fun on weekends. Someone blows up a hole they take double whatever par is and we move on. If I’m behind a group that is playing like it’s the masters and take 5 minutes lining up a 3 foot putt I get pissed real quick and same goes for looking for balls in the rough for 15 min. Drop a fucking ball close to where you think it went in at. Keep play moving

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My friends and I aren’t on tour and play for fun on weekends. Someone blows up a hole they take double whatever par is and we move on. If I’m behind a group that is playing like it’s the masters and take 5 minutes lining up a 3 foot putt I get pissed real quick and same goes for looking for balls in the rough for 15 min. Drop a fucking ball close to where you think it went in at. Keep play moving

It’s been raining a lot lately so the course was soggy and the weather was still a little shitty. That day I practically had the whole course to myself. If I had a group behind me, I would have just finished up real quick and moved on. Also, with it being wet and muddy out that day I was playing with shag balls and wasn’t concerned with losing them.

When I’m by myself and there isn’t anyone behind me, I look at is as an opportunity practice. Sometimes when I’m in the fairway I’ll hit two balls or if I’m pitching or chipping around the green I’ll hit a few but only keep score on the original ball. Days like that it pays to go slow plus it’s a lot better than hitting those rocks out on the driving range.

And when I putt, I only take a quick look at the green before lining up. I’m usually up and down in a couple of minutes. I faster than most groups on a cart even when walking and hitting extra practice balls. And if I have a group behind me I normally let them play through. I really fuck up when I have people on my ass.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I shoot low 80's so I'm not that dude but let me ask you this. ...do you discuss, tease, bust balls or buy drinks afterwards based on the scorecard?

If so, you need to keep a proper score. No way am I buying drinks if you pocketed your ball.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shoot low 80's so I'm not that dude but let me ask you this. ...do you discuss, tease, bust balls or buy drinks afterwards based on the scorecard?

If so, you need to keep a proper score. No way am I buying drinks if you pocketed your ball.

We do buy beers and shit but if someone hits one in the rough and it can’t be found we drop around where we think it is. And we have a double par rule going in that highest score you card on a par 3 is a 6, par 4 is an 8 par 5 a 10 etc... we all shoot 80’s golf but we don’t play USGA rules 24-7. If it’s soggy in the fairway and I land in a puddle I’m moving it grass(not closer to hole) I didn’t pay money to hit out of a puddle in the middle of fairway.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do buy beers and shit but if someone hits one in the rough and it can’t be found we drop around where we think it is. And we have a double par rule going in that highest score you card on a par 3 is a 6, par 4 is an 8 par 5 a 10 etc... we all shoot 80’s golf but we don’t play USGA rules 24-7. If it’s soggy in the fairway and I land in a puddle I’m moving it grass(not closer to hole) I didn’t pay money to hit out of a puddle in the middle of fairway.

If it’s soggy in the fairway and I land in a puddle I’m moving it grass(not closer to hole) I didn’t pay money to hit out of a puddle in the middle of fairway.

Under the rules, you're entitled to move it. I don't care if folks don't keep score but I do if they keep an inaccurate score and then try to toss it in my face or boast or collect drinks.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s soggy in the fairway and I land in a puddle I’m moving it grass(not closer to hole) I didn’t pay money to hit out of a puddle in the middle of fairway.

Under the rules, you're entitled to move it. I don't care if folks don't keep score but I do if they keep an inaccurate score and then try to toss it in my face or boast or collect drinks.

To us it’s common sense golf. If you hit one close to OB off tee hit another just in case type of shit if you can’t find it.If you can’t find a ball and it might be OB/hazard etc..add stroke drop and hit etc... we try to keep round moving. Moral of my rants is nothing pisses me off more than waiting for a guy ahead of you you’ve been watching all day with a long drive of 200 yards waiting on a par 5 2nd shot when the group ahead of them is on green and he’s 325 out. He hasn’t hit a 3 wood that far in his life and he’s gonna wait 10 min to hit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the letter of the rule, it think you're supposed to hole out, card your score and it get's adjusted for ESC at least that's what we were told to do back when I kept a USGA index.

But most players are rarely posting for a handicap...if they are they typically pick up at "their max" score anyway.