• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 18 Hole Commitment

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you said we shouldn't because people can't keep up a good round for a full 18. My point was that for me, I get better with the full 18. Literally the opposite of what you said.
Gotta learn to read. Its not the opposite of what I said, its exactly what I did say. I said 9 hole scores are not accurate for the very reason you mentioned. You score better on the second nine so your handicap will change if you play 18 instead of playing 9 twice where you said you play worse.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, no less than 18 holes for me, and the groups with whom I play. And within these groups, golf etiquette is always observed. It is part of the game, and what makes it special IMHO.

Don’t have a problem with people playing less holes: 3, 6 or 9, but is that really golf or just practice? Seems this idea or trend is a spinoff that caters to people that don’t have the commitment to play a full game of 18 holes.

To be honest, I don’t like 9-hole courses, with very few exceptions, and even then, play 2 rounds. After 9, just warming up. Usually play 18 and if there is not much traffic, go for another 9.

Fully agree on observing golf etiquette and respecting other groups, ahead or behind. May sound old fashioned, but the seriousness and concentration that goes with playing golf is part of what makes it fun. At least in my book.

Cheers!