• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas stops skid against Toronto - I hope

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is they go to a contender and if all goes well they want to stay or there can be a seed of discontent with the team for letting him go. Gallardo shows up and eats innings and is pitching better and better. Even early on I felt he was making great pitches but not getting the call from umpires. Hate to give up a guy who has been one of our best players and could help give us a solid rotation going forward.
I just think the only way we would be able to sign a free agent pitcher as good as he is is if that pitcher really wants to come here. If that is the case it doesn't matter as much how much the other team wants him. Also, if he pitches well enough for us to want him back other teams will pursue him heavily as well even if he finishes the season with us.

Then there is also the very real possibility that we will not want to pay him to come back next year after we find out what we have from Chi Chi, Derek, Matt, Martin, and Nick between now and October. We could spend that money on the best couple of relievers available instead.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the only way we would be able to sign a free agent pitcher as good as he is is if that pitcher really wants to come here. If that is the case it doesn't matter as much how much the other team wants him. Also, if he pitches well enough for us to want him back other teams will pursue him heavily as well even if he finishes the season with us.

Then there is also the very real possibility that we will not want to pay him to come back next year after we find out what we have from Chi Chi, Derek, Matt, Martin, and Nick between now and October. We could spend that money on the best couple of relievers available instead.

I think you're overstating the difficulty of attracting pitchers to Arlington. It's not the hitters paradise it used to be.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get a hometown discount. He sure looks like he likes it back here.
Yu + Gallardo+ Prospects > Hamels

I doubt we resign Yu if Hamels brought in. Of course this is Wannabe GM speak on the web

Plus I see no good reason to let Chi Chi go as prognosticated. Of course, we have some ifs with returning pitching but perhaps we see what we have back before and moves minus some relievers. Heard on post game thought of bringing Perez back slowly. Maybe some relief time. Alot of ifs
Of course the Rangers don't have great track record on these conversions minus maybe Ceej
That is what I would like to see in regards to a hometown discount. You put Gallardo out there with Yu as you say and add Holland and Perez and take your pick for 5th starter we have a good staff with reserves. Sit on him at the trade deadline and roll the dice.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're overstating the difficulty of attracting pitchers to Arlington. It's not the hitters paradise it used to be.
I think that was just one factor and even as it is now a lot of folks still perceive it as a hitter's park. It was hard to sign pitchers to come here even before the ballpark was built. Even it is wasn't difficult to get a good pitcher to come here there is a good chance that that money could be better spent elsewhere. We will find that out by the time the season is over. Then if we need to pursue him we still can. There is no use holding onto him if we fall out of contention if we can get a good return for him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it TXkelleyman or something like that?
That what I was thinking. Then after the Facebook requirement there was a David Kelley on there as well. Not sure if those two were the same.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board. Did you used to post on the ESPN board?

Yes Bennie. Those old rapid reactions were good baseball talk but it took a dive like all over predicted. The format is really unusable Of course you might think I had a little too much JD love ha. but it was hard to be impartial with the excessive bashing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his last three starts, Jerad Eickhoff has allowed only one earned run in 14 innings for Round Rock

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That what I was thinking. Then after the Facebook requirement there was a David Kelley on there as well. Not sure if those two were the same.
You got me guys. Thanks for welcoming me. Funny how you get beat writers viewpoints out there but IMO there is a bit of vested interest with many. I know here there is little sugarcoating.
Glad to have a great venue to express my Ranger angst at time and hopefully celebrate the elusive WS at some point in the future.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Bennie. Those old rapid reactions were good baseball talk but it took a dive like all over predicted. The format is really unusable Of course you might think I had a little too much JD love ha. but it was hard to be impartial with the excessive bashing.

Yes, we did have too much JD bashing over there. I have had more problems with some things JD has done than a lot of folks, but some of those guys over there made me look like the President of the JD fan club. Glad to see you came aboard here after they totally ran that other board into the ground. ESPN just abandoned it.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was just one factor and even as it is now a lot of folks still perceive it as a hitter's park. It was hard to sign pitchers to come here even before the ballpark was built. Even it is wasn't difficult to get a good pitcher to come here there is a good chance that that money could be better spent elsewhere. We will find that out by the time the season is over. Then if we need to pursue him we still can. There is no use holding onto him if we fall out of contention if we can get a good return for him.

Heat of the park is more a factor now IMO than the defunct jet stream. And Yes JD does not overpay for pitching........only shortstops

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me guys. Thanks for welcoming me. Funny how you get beat writers viewpoints out there but IMO there is a bit of vested interest with many. I know here there is little sugarcoating.
Glad to have a great venue to express my Ranger angst at time and hopefully celebrate the elusive WS at some point in the future.
I am still hoping for 2017 for that WS championshp with a shot at surprising some folks next season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat of the park is more a factor now IMO than the defunct jet stream. And Yes JD does not overpay for pitching........only shortstops
And right fielders

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we did have too much JD bashing over there. I have had more problems with some things JD has done than a lot of folks, but some of those guys over there made me look like the President of the JD fan club. Glad to see you came aboard here after they totally ran that other board into the ground. ESPN just abandoned it.
Ha you did try (at least a little) to declare yourself in the middle. (More than me). Of course I don't know if you remember but we were once allies in Kinsler/Profar debate. Lainey cracked me up

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you showed up because I have been wanting to let you know how impressed I have been with Fielder this year. I know we have had a lot of discussions and disagreements about him in the past. He may not ever hit 30 again, but I love how he has changed his approach to allow him to hit for a higher average. I also love his attitude about DHing and letting Mitch play 1B. I am happy to admit that I was wrong about him for 2015.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha you did try (at least a little) to declare yourself in the middle. (More than me). Of course I don't know if you remember but we were once allies in Kinsler/Profar debate. Lainey cracked me up
Uh oh, you mentioned Lainey. I think that is a sore spot for Romeo. He is very glad she left this board. lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And right fielders
I was wrong about him DT. I thought for some reason with his OBP and his playing CF it was a good pickup even if an overpay. He might get his hit tool back but he can not play outfield. You probably can't get that back

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair point. Especially with pussies like Brett Anderson whining about 85 degree heat.