• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas stops skid against Toronto - I hope

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Martin a defensive replacement in the 6th? Why was Rua pulled?

Besides his 0-3 3 K's

IDK jus saw that, I'm on my phone

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant told me a couple of days ago that if we became sellers next month that we wouldn't be able to get very much for Gallardo. As well as he has pitched I just can't understand why Evan thinks that.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant told me a couple of days ago that if we became sellers next month that we wouldn't be able to get very much for Gallardo. As well as he has pitched I just can't understand why Evan thinks that.

Gallardo pitching the way he has would be a solid rotation piece for a contender and would bring a solid return, not top prospects but solid ones for sure

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm prone to resign now.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd explain to YoGa that getting something for him is a must but we would LOVE to re-sign you in the offseason, this is for the long term health of the club, nothing personal

8 innings in now, right at 100 pitches, Tolleson hasn't got in any work in a while has he?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roogie you lucked out there

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they're gonna let Gallardo go for the shutout, first sign of trouble and yank him though

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm prone to resign now.
That is a decision that doesn't have to be made until after the season and we could always resign him no matter where he finishes up the season. I understand that that doesn't happen often, but most of the time at least one of the parties or both of them do not want the pitcher to resign. I think that is why it is so rare. It certainly doesn't hurt our chances I wouldn't think.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallardo pitching the way he has would be a solid rotation piece for a contender and would bring a solid return, not top prospects but solid ones for sure
I think Evan was simply making up a reason to not answer my question in the way it should have been answered. Evan does that a lot. It certainly wouldn't be a Cliff Lee type deal, but I would value him more highly than I did the last couple of starting pitchers that we traded for at deadline time.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Evan was simply making up a reason to not answer my question in the way it should have been answered. Evan does that a lot. It certainly wouldn't be a Cliff Lee type deal, but I would value him more highly than I did the last couple of starting pitchers that we traded for at deadline time.
I'd value Gallardo as much as or close to those two Cincinnati pitchers that our being rumored about.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's pitched well but his pitch count management had been leaving a lot to be desired. Today was a great game for him though.

That is a decision that doesn't have to be made until after the season and we could always resign him no matter where he finishes up the season.

Problem is, if he keeps it up the rest of the way, he could price himself out of the Rangers plans, and they end up with nothing for him. And as much as I support him being here now, I'm not sure how I feel about long term given everything that should be falling together in '16-'17.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So odor has pretty much been a bad ass since being called back up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pitched well but his pitch count management had been leaving a lot to be desired. Today was a great game for him though.

Problem is, if he keeps it up the rest of the way, he could price himself out of the Rangers plans, and they end up with nothing for him. And as much as I support him being here now, I'm not sure how I feel about long term given everything that should be falling together in '16-'17.

"Should" really hasn't worked out to well for us lately.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I think we will have enough pitching options that we won't have to overpay for Gallardo as a free agent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Gallo look in CF today?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a decision that doesn't have to be made until after the season and we could always resign him no matter where he finishes up the season. I understand that that doesn't happen often, but most of the time at least one of the parties or both of them do not want the pitcher to resign. I think that is why it is so rare. It certainly doesn't hurt our chances I wouldn't think.
The problem is they go to a contender and if all goes well they want to stay or there can be a seed of discontent with the team for letting him go. Gallardo shows up and eats innings and is pitching better and better. Even early on I felt he was making great pitches but not getting the call from umpires. Hate to give up a guy who has been one of our best players and could help give us a solid rotation going forward.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the Dirk Nowitzki charity baseball game in Frisco.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is they go to a contender and if all goes well they want to stay or there can be a seed of discontent with the team for letting him go. Gallardo shows up and eats innings and is pitching better and better. Even early on I felt he was making great pitches but not getting the call from umpires. Hate to give up a guy who has been one of our best players and could help give us a solid rotation going forward.

Maybe we can get a hometown discount. He sure looks like he likes it back here.
Yu + Gallardo+ Prospects > Hamels

I doubt we resign Yu if Hamels brought in. Of course this is Wannabe GM speak on the web

Plus I see no good reason to let Chi Chi go as prognosticated. Of course, we have some ifs with returning pitching but perhaps we see what we have back before and moves minus some relievers. Heard on post game thought of bringing Perez back slowly. Maybe some relief time. Alot of ifs
Of course the Rangers don't have great track record on these conversions minus maybe Ceej