• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Oakland A's 8/2-8/4

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY, Ranger dude, we had a deal, and we were putting up some pretty nice dough

ahhh.... I kidd, YAY....so glad you got something. Truly, that's fantastic!

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about those Blue Jays. Take 2 of 3 from OAK and losing 8-2 to the LAA. They had 2errors tonight and 4 yesterday.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news! Congratulations.
Congrats RangerDude, I just got one myself after two long years of looking. The Rangers have not lost since I got it and the rest of the things happening around me have been freakishly good too. Before getting the job it seemed like just about anything bad that could happen was happening. Strange how things can change so quick sometimes.

I hope the job you got changes into full time for you if that is what you are wanting. Good luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats ranger dude. Hope you get a full time soon.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the great thing. After the Oakland series, we have 24 straight games against sub .500 teams before we face the A's for a home series. Angels, Astros, Brewers, Mariners,Astros, White Sox, Mariners, Twins. Best record of the group is Seattle with 50-58.

You know he many times we have had posts this year about the sub 500 teams we are about to play like it means we will automatically do great and it did not turn out that way. Records go out the window. We need to bring our "A" game every night.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those from ESPN that showed concern... I got a job today!!! Actually its sort of weird, I got two but I think I am going to have to turn one of them down. Both are part time but one pays way better than the other and I could actually do both but I think I would rather take the one that pays really well and then use my extra time to continue finding more of a career. Anyway, thanks to those of you that showed concern.

PS. Lainey and Murph... it doesn't look like I will be desperate enough to take you guys up on your " Get Coco Crisp on the DL" offer.

Glad to hear the good news. I know it can really get to a person when you are in that kind of situation. Hope it leads to even bigger and better things down the road.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those from ESPN that showed concern... I got a job today!!! Actually its sort of weird, I got two but I think I am going to have to turn one of them down. Both are part time but one pays way better than the other and I could actually do both but I think I would rather take the one that pays really well and then use my extra time to continue finding more of a career. Anyway, thanks to those of you that showed concern.

PS. Lainey and Murph... it doesn't look like I will be desperate enough to take you guys up on your " Get Coco Crisp on the DL" offer.

What job did you get ?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for you, Dude. Been wondering that. Now let's kick some butt.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats great to hear, I wish you the best of luck on your career path.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me the thinking behind adding Adam Rosales off waivers, dude is batting in the .190's and is avg defensively. No reason to waste a roster spot on the guy, best I can tell.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me the thinking behind adding Adam Rosales off waivers, dude is batting in the .190's and is avg defensively. No reason to waste a roster spot on the guy, best I can tell.

The thought seems to be that it's a fail safe if Cruz is suspended, then Profar will start to see more time in the outfield and DH, so they want another utility infielder on the bench. If that's truly the case, I would prefer to send Profar back down to AAA to get fulltime outfield practice, keep Beltre starting in the OF, and bring Garcia up as the utility guy.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought seems to be that it's a fail safe if Cruz is suspended, then Profar will start to see more time in the outfield and DH, so they want another utility infielder on the bench. If that's truly the case, I would prefer to send Profar back down to AAA to get fulltime outfield practice, keep Beltre starting in the OF, and bring Garcia up as the utility guy.

Must be seen as a better option than Garcia in that scenario

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All Oakland players have Magic don't you know this already? :)

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was so ticked I posted it in the wrong thread ...

Cannot freakin believe TEX claimed Adam Rosales ... who got DFA'd from OAK when they acquired Callaspo from LAA. http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/20...nfielder.html/

Now TEX has to demote either Beltre or Profar to make room for him. Not sure if there is room on the 40man ... but whatever. This is stupid.

Not since the Cristian Guzman and Jorge Cantu moves in 2010 have I been as pissed with a TEX acquisition. Rosales is such a spare he's already been DFA'd twice in 2013 by OAK ... and TEX went and claimed him.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cannot freakin believe TEX claimed Adam Rosales ... who got DFA'd from OAK when they acquired Callaspo from LAA. http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/20...nfielder.html/

Now TEX has to demote either Beltre or Profar to make room for him. Not sure if there is room on the 40man ... but whatever. This is stupid.

Not since the Cristian Guzman and Jorge Cantu moves in 2010 have I been as pissed with a TEX acquisition. Rosales is such a spare he's already been DFA'd twice in 2013 by OAK ... and TEX went and claimed him.

There is room on the 40 man, but you're right someone has to be demoted, if its Profar, I'm ok with that, he needs to be in AAA playing everyday anyway

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand your point here but perhaps they are going to send Profar or Beltre back to AAA to get some frequent game time to get ready for September and the playoffs. A story should come out soon suggesting why the move. You are probably right to be upset but hearing the reason for this may be interesting.