• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God this is EMBARRASSING! I absolutely went completely brain dead on this! SORRRRRRRRRRY!

Yeah, what makes this "even worse" is the fact I pay attention A LOT!!

Pardon me while I go pull my head outta my butt and fix myself a scotch!

Hey, laughter is the best medicine so thanks for the dose. Trust me. I can relate.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, laughter is the best medicine so thanks for the dose. Trust me. I can relate.
I can relate too and then there is Murphy in LF again and I can't relate. Confused?:noidea:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can relate too and then there is Murphy in LF again and I can't relate. Confused?:noidea:

Like I said, Murphy will pretty much play against lhp. Rios would've only changed that if Cruz hadnt been suspended.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Murphy will pretty much play against lhp. Rios would've only changed that if Cruz hadnt been suspended.

Did you mean to say lhp or are we having an epidemic. :)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's often said a persons best characteristic and their worst are very similar. Wash is loyal beyond loyal. And when viewing Wash in a vacuum, it really sucks (insert Murphy's name here). But I strongly suspect this is a pretty big part of why the team, as whole, would jump in front of a speeding car for him! And thus, perhaps is a key ingredient in making this season possible.

And lastly, I'm glad I gave a little comic relief to everyone's afternoon. Although totally unintentional! Ya know, this double scotch is really tasting really, really good now! That double idea was damn sound advice Doctor!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ESPN guy. He's pretty prominent on the Spanish related reports as well.

That's total crap. Main failure in the story is that it is an ESPN source. Could care squat it's a Latin focused reporter ... but that doesn't put him inside TEX management decision process ... which will not make a decision anyway until it has to at the end of the season. No news ever emanates from ESPN.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's total crap. Main failure in the story is that it is an ESPN source. Could care squat it's a Latin focused reporter ... but that doesn't put him inside TEX management decision process ... which will not make a decision anyway until it has to at the end of the season. No news ever emanates from ESPN.

Perhaps this "information" isn't coming from TEX management at all! Did you consider this "might" be coming from the Cruz camp?

I'm pretty much in the "let's wait and see where this came from, and by whom" before we get all discombobulated about it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Waaaaaaaaay too much conversation about verrrrrrry little!

Rangers, take care of business and worry about the percentages later! Like about 60 days from now! Let's have a terrific month while we're playing well and having some weaker competition at the same time.

GO RANGERS

Absolutely agree 100%. As Wash said the other night ... you don't win anything until month and a half from now.

In my opinion ... it's not OAK that is the target whether they are percentage points ahead, percentage points behind or half game whichever way.

In my opinion ... the target is the best record in the AL. Right now DET is 3.5 games ahead of TEX. That's nothing compared to where OAK was a week and a half ago. The target it to pass DET or whoever might be ahead. AL won the ASG. TEX knows the disadvantage of not having HFA ... so needs to kick it up and take the AL lead ... and then through the playoffs ... all the way to the WS HFA.

The target is not OAK ... the target is the big prize.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perhaps this "information" isn't coming from TEX management at all! Did you consider this "might" be coming from the Cruz camp?

I'm pretty much in the "let's wait and see where this came from, and by whom" before we get all discombobulated about it.

So the Cruz "camp" would want Cruz sitting in the post season when TEX has given indication it would want him back? That is not only dumb to say and naive for some ESPN reporter to state ... it is in fact not Cruz' call! He's under contract to TEX through 2013 until he files for free agency.

The basic standard you can apply is that if it relates to TEX ... and unless you are getting it from JD ... it is totally without basis. Even more so if it comes from the 'worldwide leader'.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cruz "camp" would want Cruz sitting in the post season when TEX has given indication it would want him back? That is not only dumb to say and naive for some ESPN reporter to state ... it is in fact not Cruz' call! He's under contract to TEX through 2013 until he files for free agency.

The basic standard you can apply is that if it relates to TEX ... and unless you are getting it from JD ... it is totally without basis. Even more so if it comes from the 'worldwide leader'.

All I'm saying is "I don't know." And neither do you! Relax dude! So far, at least to me, it seems absurd that Cruz, Rangers management, etc. would be on this island. But let's wait and see. There's never been any indication that Cruz is anything other than a stand-up guy, good teammate, and certainly valued RBI bat.

But let's see where these bread crumbs lead. After all, it means nothing today. It's just banter, albeit, worth while or not.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
God this is EMBARRASSING! I absolutely went completely brain dead on this! SORRRRRRRRRRY!

Yeah, what makes this "even worse" is the fact I pay attention A LOT!!

Pardon me while I go pull my head outta my butt and fix myself a scotch!

Sorry for piling on after the whistle. Had to mow the yard and wash the car so wasn't hanging around here and was just working through the posts.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree 100%. As Wash said the other night ... you don't win anything until month and a half from now.

In my opinion ... it's not OAK that is the target whether they are percentage points ahead, percentage points behind or half game whichever way.

In my opinion ... the target is the best record in the AL. Right now DET is 3.5 games ahead of TEX. That's nothing compared to where OAK was a week and a half ago. The target it to pass DET or whoever might be ahead. AL won the ASG. TEX knows the disadvantage of not having HFA ... so needs to kick it up and take the AL lead ... and then through the playoffs ... all the way to the WS HFA.

The target is not OAK ... the target is the big prize.

QUESTION: You seem to be on top of this and I'm not. Of the 3 division winners, if the Rangers had the best record, what does this determine? Honestly don't know!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for piling on after the whistle. Had to mow the yard and wash the car so wasn't hanging around here and was just working through the posts.

Naw....forget it! I'm friggin fair game at this point! I painted the effing bull's eye on my butt to start with!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUESTION: You seem to be on top of this and I'm not. Of the 3 division winners, if the Rangers had the best record, what does this determine? Honestly don't know!

Home field advantage.