• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I'm saying is "I don't know." And neither do you! Relax dude! So far, at least to me, it seems absurd that Cruz, Rangers management, etc. would be on this island. But let's wait and see. There's never been any indication that Cruz is anything other than a stand-up guy, good teammate, and certainly valued RBI bat.

But let's see where these bread crumbs lead. After all, it means nothing today. It's just banter, albeit, worth while or not.

What I know is that TEX never makes management announcements through some ESPN lackey ... and also doesn't make decisions a month and a half before it has to. It is useless banter none of us have seen ... basically from a second-string reporter not worth anything at all.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's total crap. Main failure in the story is that it is an ESPN source. Could care squat it's a Latin focused reporter ... but that doesn't put him inside TEX management decision process ... which will not make a decision anyway until it has to at the end of the season. No news ever emanates from ESPN.
No news ever emanates from ESPN? Are you kidding me? Where else would I get my daily dose of everything Lebron James, Kobe's Achilles and what this means for the civilized world, what A-Rod had for breakfast today, Tim Tebow's daily prayer, and every last detail about the Yankees and Red Sox, with a few complaints about how crappy the Mets are this week....this is news!!!!

Gotta go, ESPN Is having a feature on Mike Trout's favorite deodorant....

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree 100%. As Wash said the other night ... you don't win anything until month and a half from now.

In my opinion ... it's not OAK that is the target whether they are percentage points ahead, percentage points behind or half game whichever way.

In my opinion ... the target is the best record in the AL. Right now DET is 3.5 games ahead of TEX. That's nothing compared to where OAK was a week and a half ago. The target it to pass DET or whoever might be ahead. AL won the ASG. TEX knows the disadvantage of not having HFA ... so needs to kick it up and take the AL lead ... and then through the playoffs ... all the way to the WS HFA.

The target is not OAK ... the target is the big prize.
:agree:

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news ever emanates from ESPN? Are you kidding me? Where else would I get my daily dose of everything Lebron James, Kobe's Achilles and what this means for the civilized world, what A-Rod had for breakfast today, Tim Tebow's daily prayer, and every last detail about the Yankees and Red Sox, with a few complaints about how crappy the Mets are this week....this is news!!!!

Gotta go, ESPN Is having a feature on Mike Trout's favorite deodorant....

Don't forget the search of the pond for a hern's gun & their beloved ne pats

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the search of the pond for a hern's gun & their beloved ne pats
Wow, good point...how could I forget that circus....I mean incredibly interesting and highly charged news story about everybody's favorite football team...we all do care....

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, good point...how could I forget that circus....I mean incredibly interesting and highly charged news story about everybody's favorite football team...we all do care....

We always must absolutely remember that ESPN is the local sports station for Boston and New York. That's why it in Hartford. Their market from the Maine border to DC accounts for 85% of their advertising revenue.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We always must absolutely remember that ESPN is the local sports station for Boston and New York. That's why it in Hartford. Their market from the Maine border to DC accounts for 85% of their advertising revenue.
They do have "branch offices" in Miami and LA...you know, to get that worldwide coverage...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys talked about Harrison feeling numbness on his hand? He's already had thoracic outlet syndrome, so this isn't good.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just touched on it. No Bueno.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just touched on it. No Bueno.
Which kind of backs up the point I made about pushing him too soon. Take it slow. Ogando can be shaky, but him starting every 5th day won't be the reason they lose the division if they do.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They do have "branch offices" in Miami and LA...you know, to get that worldwide coverage...

Staffed like the Dallas office by guys like Todd Willis as a writer. Rich Durrett is normally good but he's diluted by the 'mothership' produced material about the next breaking story about the Pats training camp.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which kind of backs up the point I made about pushing him too soon. Take it slow. Ogando can be shaky, but him starting every 5th day won't be the reason they lose the division if they do.

We can get by with one shaky start every fifth day, but I just want Harrison to come back healthy even if its next year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added good news in that Oakland lost is that the Orioles lost as well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can get by with one shaky start every fifth day, but I just want Harrison to come back healthy even if its next year.

Me too. Like to have that 18 game winner back and in top form. And I know he does too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Rios comes out on fire. AJ and Rios back together. They have to be liking where they are now considering the direction the Sox are going.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope Rios comes out on fire. AJ and Rios back together. They have to be liking where they are now considering the direction the Sox are going.

In 2012 ... career year for both AJ and Rios ... Rios primarily batted #5 and AJ #6. Fact that they are reversed tonight may be more like Wash wanting AJ to show Rios "the TEX way".

Ultimately ... I'd expect Rios to move to #5 as he takes on Cruz' spot in the order.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start guys. :L

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the first inning fellas. No need to get worked up this early.