• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's way to early to be discarding Otto's future value.
Yes, way to early. By the way, good to see you posting more. We need all the good quality posters like yourself.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's way to early to be discarding Otto's future value.
Maybe over judgmental on my but just thinking who would pitch on playoff roster if happens next year. Generally you keep 3 maybe 4 pitchers to start. But yes projecting him years from now is pretty premature

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunning is another interesting pitcher. He faired rather well at times. Not knowing he was playing with a serious injury paints another picture of him. After he has surgery to correct the problem, I think we will see a pitcher that can fit in the rotation. Let's not give up on him just yet.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, way to early. By the way, good to see you posting more. We need all the good quality posters like yourself.
Thank you sir. Very kind of ya!
Dunning is another interesting pitcher. He faired rather well at times. Not knowing he was playing with a serious injury paints another picture of him. After he has surgery to correct the problem, I think we will see a pitcher that can fit in the rotation. Let's not give up on him just yet.
I could see - as it stands today - where Dunning & Otto could contend for the # 4/5 slots (add in Ragans) for next year. And, assuming we resign Perez, and Gray is back, this should have us #2/3 taken care of for 2023. But we really need two starters, regardless of what these other guys do, and our Pen needs some assistance, too. And speaking of the Pen, would y'all welccome back Martin, Leclerc, Hernandez, Burke, Hearn, Allard and Moore?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe over judgmental on my but just thinking who would pitch on playoff roster if happens next year. Generally you keep 3 maybe 4 pitchers to start. But yes projecting him years from now is pretty premature
I doubt we would get past the first series next year anyway. After 2023 there are a lot of guys in the pipeline that could potentially move past him in the rotation.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And speaking of the Pen, would y'all welccome back Martin, Leclerc, Hernandez, Burke, Hearn, Allard and Moore?
I would definitely welcome Hearn, Burke and Moore back, but with Burke being stretched out for starter depth.

I think Allard should be released and then possibly signed to a minor league deal.

I am undecided on the other three at this point. We probably need to keep at least a couple of them.

I would like to spend on at least 2 bullpen pieces in free agency, maybe 3.

Reactions: DTC

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you sir. Very kind of ya!

I could see - as it stands today - where Dunning & Otto could contend for the # 4/5 slots (add in Ragans) for next year. And, assuming we resign Perez, and Gray is back, this should have us #2/3 taken care of for 2023. But we really need two starters, regardless of what these other guys do, and our Pen needs some assistance, too. And speaking of the Pen, would y'all welccome back Martin, Leclerc, Hernandez, Burke, Hearn, Allard and Moore?
Definitely Burke Moore Hearns

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely welcome Hearn, Burke and Moore back, but with Burke being stretched out for starter depth.

I think Allard should be released and then possibly signed to a minor league deal.

I am undecided on the other three at this point. We probably need to keep at least a couple of them.

I would like to spend on at least 2 bullpen pieces in free agency, maybe 3.
That is interesting to me you're thinking of Burke as a starter/back up starter. Allard was the one I was on the negative side of the fence with.

But I wonder if Leclerc wouldn't be valuable, but NOT as a closer.

If money is no object, what do you think our FO/CY is thinking about pitchers for 2023 and perhaps well beyond? Should we go all-in for a #1 for 2023, and again, if we're wishing, who would this be?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting to me you're thinking of Burke as a starter/back up starter. Allard was the one I was on the negative side of the fence with.

But I wonder if Leclerc wouldn't be valuable, but NOT as a closer.

If money is no object, what do you think our FO/CY is thinking about pitchers for 2023 and perhaps well beyond? Should we go all-in for a #1 for 2023, and again, if we're wishing, who would this be?
I am okay with signing Perez as our #1. I think they will go after another starter, but not necessarily any big names. Maybe, a pitcher who will sign a one or two year deal.

They have built up a sizable stable of good to very good starting pitching prospects. By the time Perez's contract is up in 2 or 3 years, I think one or two of the young guys will step into the ace role. Between Leiter, Rocker and White, I think we will find a #1 and a #2. We need a couple of bridge guys between now and then and I am okay with Perez and Gray being those bridge guys.

I wonder if they will make a push for Kershaw this time?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder when Rocker pitches again. The word is his pitching slot is low and his FB is not moving and he is not using much of his whole body.

The concern is he has not been the same since surgery. Hope this is not the case

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder when Rocker pitches again. The word is his pitching slot is low and his FB is not moving and he is not using much of his whole body.

The concern is he has not been the same since surgery. Hope this is not the case
This is from Jeff Wilson:

The good news is he’s healthy and that there are a lot more innings ahead.

Rocker should throw around 20 innings this fall before heading into what should be a normal offseason. He has changed his arm slot to more of a true three-quarters angle, which he had in high school. He said at his introductory press conference that the change allows him to be more athletic.

But the top-end velocity remains, as does a nasty slider that he can subtract from to mimic a curveball. Rocker is also throwing a changeup.

“I think he’s toyed a little bit with some of his fastball grips to throw a sinker, maybe by accident,” said Rangers vice president Ross Fenstermaker, who oversees player development. “But that’s pretty promising as well. But it’s going to be to be heavy fastball-slider.”

Rocker loves to compete. That’s one of the reasons the Rangers used the third overall pick on him in this year’s MLB Draft despite industry-wide concerns about the injury that caused the Mets to not sign him last year as the 10th overall pick.

The Rangers were planning for Rocker to work two or three innings Tuesday and will schedule him for the same workload in his next outing. He might be allowed to work four of five innings toward the end of the Fall League season.

There are no concerns about his health, and overall the Rangers are pleased with how he has looked since being drafted and building up for the Fall League.

“It looks like a giant man playing catch with 95 mph,” Fenstermaker said. “Knowing the individual, spending time around him and seeing him in college, I think

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley had the first interview for manager.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch the last one