• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be Assistant GM or special consultant to the GM. It could be his official title is still being formulated.

right. i just prefer to actually have that info all together. but in the age of Twitter, everyone has to be first and report "links."

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see this.

Resign-Martin Perez-3/$40
FA-Chris Bassit-2/$28
FA-Ross Stripling-2/$24
FA-Benintendi-4/$64
Trade-Renfroe-1/$10

I would then trade Garver($5) and a mid prospect to a catcher needy team for a good bullpen piece. I would also trade Miller($4) and 2 mid prospects for another bullpen piece.

1.Perez
2.Bassit
3.Gray
4.Stripling
5.Otto/Dunning/Ragans

Bullpen:
Leclerc
Hernandez
Burke
Trade acquisition
Trade acquisition
Barlow
King or B Martin
Hearn

1.Semien-2B
2.Benintendi-LF
3.Seager-SS
4.Lowe-1B
5.Renfroe-DH
6.Adolis-RF
7.Jung-3B
8.Heim-C
9.Taveras-CF
Bench:
Huff, Thompson, Smith & Mathias

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see this.

Resign-Martin Perez-3/$40
FA-Chris Bassit-2/$28
FA-Ross Stripling-2/$24
FA-Benintendi-4/$64
Trade-Renfroe-1/$10

I would then trade Garver($5) and a mid prospect to a catcher needy team for a good bullpen piece. I would also trade Miller($4) and 2 mid prospects for another bullpen piece.

1.Perez
2.Bassit
3.Gray
4.Stripling
5.Otto/Dunning/Ragans

Bullpen:
Leclerc
Hernandez
Burke
Trade acquisition
Trade acquisition
Barlow
King or B Martin
Hearn

1.Semien-2B
2.Benintendi-LF
3.Seager-SS
4.Lowe-1B
5.Renfroe-DH
6.Adolis-RF
7.Jung-3B
8.Heim-C
9.Taveras-CF
Bench:
Huff, Thompson, Smith & Mathias
I am not thinking we trade for a DH or add a 4 year contract for a LF. We have to be patient

It would be nice to have another guy lead off who gets on base a lot and has some speed

I like the pitching for now but not sure about the numbers Maybe add one of Basset or Stripling and aim a little higher for the other

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not thinking we trade for a DH or add a 4 year contract for a LF. We have to be patient

It would be nice to have another guy lead off who gets on base a lot and has some speed

I like the pitching for now but not sure about the numbers Maybe add one of Basset or Stripling and aim a little higher for the other

I like that approach too.

I’m ok with Renfroe b/c it’s just 1 year.
I’m ok with Benintendi because he’s young and gets on base and can hold down LF, also not 100% sure how Adolis and Leody are going to do over the next 1-3 years. I think there will be room for the prospects (Zavala & Carter)even if we added Benentendi. If we’re going to “spend big” again this off-season might as well get the team as playoff ready this year as we can.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

A familiar name has emerged as a candidate to be the Rangers’ next pitching coach, according to mulitple major-league sources.

The Rangers have spoken to Mike Maddux after receiving permission late last month from St. Louis to speak him. Maddux, who was Rangers pitching coach, from 2009-2015. He decided he would not return to the Cardinals after spending five seasons there despite the team’s interest in extending his contract.

‐-----------------------------------------------

The agent for left-hander Martin Perez was scheduled to speak this week with the Rangers in the hopes of reaching a contract extension.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

A familiar name has emerged as a candidate to be the Rangers’ next pitching coach, according to mulitple major-league sources.

The Rangers have spoken to Mike Maddux after receiving permission late last month from St. Louis to speak him. Maddux, who was Rangers pitching coach, from 2009-2015. He decided he would not return to the Cardinals after spending five seasons there despite the team’s interest in extending his contract.

‐-----------------------------------------------

The agent for left-hander Martin Perez was scheduled to speak this week with the Rangers in the hopes of reaching a contract extension.
have to think Mike M is a calming influence on young pitching

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that approach too.

I’m ok with Renfroe b/c it’s just 1 year.
I’m ok with Benintendi because he’s young and gets on base and can hold down LF, also not 100% sure how Adolis and Leody are going to do over the next 1-3 years. I think there will be room for the prospects (Zavala & Carter)even if we added Benentendi. If we’re going to “spend big” again this off-season might as well get the team as playoff ready this year as we can.
Just thinking we may have seen the best years of Benitendi

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking we may have seen the best years of Benitendi

He’s going into his age 28 season. He won a gold glove last year and was top 10 in batting average this year. His “soft hit” % was the lowest of his career, just didn’t happen to hit a lot of HRs.. was still a 3 WAR player.
I would love to have him in his age 28,29,30,31 seasons.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys rock. I can come to the board every few days and get all my ranger updates in one place. Keep up the good work.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

As free agency draws closer, more and more prediction columns are being published. The latest is from Jon Heyman from the New York Post.

He forecasts the Post’s top 30 free agents, which clubs could be interested and an “outside expert’s” prediction on contract value.

There are 11 or 12 starting pitchers on the list, depending on how teams view right-hander Zach Eflin, and the Rangers are linked to nine or 10 of them. The biggest financial outlay would be for left-hander Carlos Rodon, who is projected to get a five-year, $150 million contract. The large annual average value is Jacob deGrom at three years and $125 million.

The Post‘s expert predicts that left-hander Martin Perez will bag three years and $50 million. He’s probably not going to get that from the Rangers. He might get a qualifying offer for $19.4 million, which is $1 million more than the Post believes Clayton Kershaw will get from either the Dodgers or the Rangers.

Over at MLB Trade Rumors, they rank Perez in what their third tier of starting pitchers with free agents such as Tyler Anderson, Jose Quintana and Ross Stripling. The Rangers have done well there the past handful of years, and it wouldn’t be surprising for them to try again.

The Rangers are hoping to add at least two starting pitchers for the 2023 rotation, but free agency isn’t their only avenue. They have enough depth in the farm system to acquire a starting pitcher via trade.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

The Post‘s expert predicts that left-hander Martin Perez will bag three years and $50 million. He’s probably not going to get that from the Rangers. He might get a qualifying offer for $19.4 million, which is $1 million more than the Post believes Clayton Kershaw will get from either the Dodgers or the Rangers.

If the Rangers have their sights set higher than Perez, then I can live with this. But if not, this would be an incredibly stupid outcome.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys rock. I can come to the board every few days and get all my ranger updates in one place. Keep up the good work.

Texas Rangers Hug GIF by MLB

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers are linked to over half of these guys. Almost every one of the 30 except SS, C, and RP. Lol

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still okay with Perez, another starting pitcher, and two relievers being signed. Now if something unexpected comes along like Kershaw or Judge wanting to play here, then I would make an exception.

I would also be interested in a trade with the Marlins for either Alcantara or Luzardo if they wanted some veterans along with some prospects. That would mean only signing one more starting pitcher though. If we did trade veterans that would probably mean signing a FA to replace them, but not necessarily.

I am totally against trading for guys who are only under control for 1 to 3 years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3