• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some quotes from Kinsler in 2014:

"Daniels is a sleazeball,” he says. “He got in good with the owners and straight pushed Ryan out. He thought all the things he should get credit for, Ryan got credit for. It’s just ego. Once we went to the World Series, everybody’s ego got huge, except for Nolan’s.”

“I’ll miss all my teammates,” he says. “I’ll miss Elvis and Beltre, Mitch [Moreland], Matt Harrison and [Ron] Washington.” But the frustration — with his play, with the team, with the organization — is still so raw. “To be honest with you, I hope they go 0-162."

"There was no remorse from the Rangers," Kinsler says of the trade. "They did not care." More: "The team had changed. It was not the same personalities, not the same players, not the same chemistry. To be traded, it was refreshing to start new."

"I was bogged down," he told ESPN. "They wanted me to lead these young players, teach them the way to compete, when the only thing I should be worried about is how I'm performing in the game."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also saw a note about a heated exchange between Kinsler and Beltre late in the 2013 season. I had never saw that reported before.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some quotes from Kinsler in 2014:

"Daniels is a sleazeball,” he says. “He got in good with the owners and straight pushed Ryan out. He thought all the things he should get credit for, Ryan got credit for. It’s just ego. Once we went to the World Series, everybody’s ego got huge, except for Nolan’s.”

“I’ll miss all my teammates,” he says. “I’ll miss Elvis and Beltre, Mitch [Moreland], Matt Harrison and [Ron] Washington.” But the frustration — with his play, with the team, with the organization — is still so raw. “To be honest with you, I hope they go 0-162."

"There was no remorse from the Rangers," Kinsler says of the trade. "They did not care." More: "The team had changed. It was not the same personalities, not the same players, not the same chemistry. To be traded, it was refreshing to start new."

"I was bogged down," he told ESPN. "They wanted me to lead these young players, teach them the way to compete, when the only thing I should be worried about is how I'm performing in the game."

kinsler loved being here and wanted to stay. Hard to hate a guy for that. Daniels always striked me as kind of douchey.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinsler loved being here and wanted to stay. Hard to hate a guy for that. Daniels always striked me as kind of douchey.
There are 2 sides to every story. I am sure Ian felt forced out and Jd was enamored like I was with Profar. All the MY stuff came into play as well. I bet JD ruffled his feathers and of course JD was some egghead pencil pusher who ever played ball was the thought I bet. And of course Wash favored the Vets which fueled Kins fire

So probably a lot to the story from different angles

Still wonder what specifically he can help with and yes ironic she may be called to help the newbies lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of guys have wanted to stay, but I can't remember any who made comments like Ian did. Lol

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 2 sides to every story. I am sure Ian felt forced out and Jd was enamored like I was with Profar. All the MY stuff came into play as well. I bet JD ruffled his feathers and of course JD was some egghead pencil pusher who ever played ball was the thought I bet. And of course Wash favored the Vets which fueled Kins fire

So probably a lot to the story from different angles

Still wonder what specifically he can help with and yes ironic she may be called to help the newbies lol

yeah I remember when David Murphy was awful and didn’t have it anymore, but Wash sent him out there non stop because he was direct quote “his guy”.

what happened to profar anyway? He was the highest prospect at one point in time and the tv announcers were talking about a “mike trout” like boost when we brought him up, but it never played out that way.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know how a prospect is going to work out. Trout was the 25th pick in the first round.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Frisco, however, is going to have some infielders who could use some insight from Kinsler.

Frisco’s infield should include Luisangel Acuna and Thomas Saggese. Acuna is a shortstop who struggled some at Frisco last season after a promotion from High A Hickory. The Rangers are trying to determine if Saggese is better at second or third. Kinsler, a self-described overachiever, would be a fit with the scrappy Saggese.

Triple A Round Rock is going to have a one former Frisco player in particular who Kinsler can help.

Justin Foscue is also in position purgatory. He’s blocked by Semien at second base, so he will probably see a lot of time at third base. Well, he’s blocked there by Josh Jung.

But Foscue can really hit, and he would do well to listen to whatever Kinsler has to say. Plus, they have similar personalities and will probably hit it off.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler's performance on the field was nowhere near enough to excuse his shit attitude. The team needed to make a move and made one. I'm admittedly biased because my dad and I were always huge fans of Prince and they traded for him a month after my old man passed.

No ill will towards Ian, and I'm giving CY the benefit of the doubt with the hire. But I can't say I've ever had the opinion that the Rangers did Ian wrong back then.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One pleasant side effect from acquiring so many big league starting pitchers is that our depth at AAA and AA will be stronger than I can ever remember it being.

The following guys are available to start in either AA or AAA based on their development thus far. Now, one or two will inevitably begin the year injured, and the Rangers could put one of them in the big league bullpen.

Cody
Otto
Dunning
Ragans
Kent
Winn
Leiter
Bradford
White
Roby
Vanasco
Kelly

Weems, Brennan and Nordlin will take up the slack for any of those not being able to start the season in a rotation.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Prospects Live's latest top draft prospects.

1. Chase Dollander
2. Dylan Crews
3. Wyatt Langford
4. Max Clark
5. Jacob Gonzalez
6. Walker Jenkins

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One pleasant side effect from acquiring so many big league starting pitchers is that our depth at AAA and AA will be stronger than I can ever remember it being.

The following guys are available to start in either AA or AAA based on their development thus far. Now, one or two will inevitably begin the year injured, and the Rangers could put one of them in the big league bullpen.

Cody
Otto
Dunning
Ragans
Kent
Winn
Leiter
Bradford
White
Roby
Vanasco
Kelly

Weems, Brennan and Nordlin will take up the slack for any of those not being able to start the season in a rotation.
Hopefully Rocker is in single A

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Rocker is in single A
Yes. Hopefully after he gets 7 or 8 starts there he will begin to dominate and can come up to Frisco some time in August.

Bratt and Garcia could come up to Frisco by mid-season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no need for this with a balanced schedule.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like sharing a division with the cardinals and Astros either.